Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

Haha. I've had some similar conversations regarding "supporting the team, these players deserve it, etc." While I agree with that sentiment -- Coach Ford has done a TREMENDOUS job, as have the players through this ordeal (8 players all season!) --  I still can't see myself digging for another live stream, or watching on TV, if the punishments are upheld. Some folks are able to separate the team from the university, which is great. Maybe I will be able to do that also. Probably will still be sucked into all the A-10 tournament games, for example. But, personally, I imagine watching any more games this season, post-Goodwin, would result in two hours of seething rage. A miserable proposition. Sorry, not for me. I think I'll have earned a break from the Bills. After that, I'll begrudgingly hope this doesn't derail next year's potential. though I would 100% be behind any player who decided to transfer, or any recruit who decided to decommit.

Lot of guesswork involved with all of this, since I spend an insane amount of my time on this board, and following the team in general, so it won't be a clean break, but ragging on folks in my shoes, as opposed to the university, which was done this to themselves, is nuts. We were all around for the Crews years, and older posters for even worse eras, but this isn't comparable to "fair-weather fan" situation, at all. It's more of a breaking point. Fool me once, fool me twice, etc. Not going to let the school just jerk me around, and assume I'll be behind the program no matter what sh-tstorm they get themselves into. Sucks, doesn't it? Maybe if the school handled this with an ounce of transparency I would be behind a decision or two along the way, but nope, hasn't happened. Truly amazing work by the university to reach this point. 

I’ve been so up and down... I don’t know yet where I stand. I’m so angry with the school, but I just can’t imagine not caring when ‘billikens basketball’ is talked about or on tv. I really thought I was done, but with these past three weeks I’m right back in full support. I just can’t quit the Billikens. 

BillIkenFan_Dan and RUBillsFan like this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BilliKitty said:

I’ve been so up and down... I don’t know yet where I stand. I’m so angry with the school, but I just can’t imagine not caring when ‘billikens basketball’ is talked about or on tv. I really thought I was done, but with these past three weeks I’m right back in full support. I just can’t quit the Billikens. 

-you are not alone, going forward i hope my ticket group doesn't fully dissolve as i believe part of it will be gone but if it does I would still buy a ticket, I can't just flush away decades of being a fan/alumni but at the current rate it will be a while, if ever, that I again donate to the U and they risk being removed from my will which I haven't done.....yet, waiting to see how S2 evolves

-It is VERY hard work being a Billiken fan

3 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Hochman updated his article sometime today, can’t tell what was updated. Also, he has an interesting conversation in this Twitter feed.

Maybe he corrected a typo, or something.  I don't see anything that stands out as being different from what I read in the print edition yesterday.

If the Billikens being "post Goodwin" means this year and not post graduation, I'll have a hard time coughing up $1000 bucks to watch what's left.  Gordon would then the key.  Without Goodwin or Gordon it's hard to believe there is any hope for the next several years..... 

18 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Hochman updated his article sometime today, can’t tell what was updated. Also, he has an interesting conversation in this Twitter feed.

That guy commenting is just some Mi$$ou nut who's assuming that the players committed felonious actions. Too bad he doesn't have the capacity to realize that the police concluded their investigation a long time ago and said that no criminal activity took place. 

19 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Just read that.  Shouldn't somebody explain to that guy that if it was a criminal act that took place, the police would've pressed charges.  The outside firm completed their investigation close to 2 months ago, think the police would've done something if there was any evidence there that a criminal activity took place.  

17 hours ago, brianstl said:

Then the females involved should be treated in the same fashion as the males.

In a perfect world. The video of the incident plus the "posting" of pics/videos is the main downfall I am guessing. At least one of the females got pissed off and blew the whistle on the whole episode. As far as sexual assault claims I am not sure what happened.  A high profile scholarship athlete has gotta be smarter than that.  I am sure Graves or whoever posted it thought it was a good idea at the time... I for one cringed when I heard that actually happened. I guess that was September or October maybe.  I was thinking this was going to turn out bad for the players.  I hoped I was wrong...  sigh.

9 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Just read that.  Shouldn't somebody explain to that guy that if it was a criminal act that took place, the police would've pressed charges.  The outside firm completed their investigation close to 2 months ago, think the police would've done something if there was any evidence there that a criminal activity took place.  

Someone please put this d bag in his place. I've now seen a handful of Twitter responses from Mi$$ouri fans regarding the SLU situation and they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. 

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Someone please put this d bag in his place. I've now seen a handful of Twitter responses from Mi$$ouri fans that have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. 

SPUMAC has their own problems right now...

7 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

so, uh, the appeals seem to be going well... 

Obviously we're in a bad way right now but it's still possible that these two gave up without appeal. They are both transfers. They didn't pick SLU out of high school They don't have the same connection Bishop and "The Fourth" have.

Littlebill likes this