Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any possibility that they’re simply not allowed to play in games on campus while the Title IX investigation is ongoing??  Meaning they could still play on the road?

probably not the case, right?  But it could explain the total absence from the arena on game nights

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Is there any possibility that they’re simply not allowed to play in games on campus while the Title IX investigation is ongoing??  Meaning they could still play on the road?

probably not the case, right?  But it could explain the total absence from the arena on game nights

I doubt that is a possibility.  I think it would be a team penalty no matter where they played.

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Nothing good can come from the 3 being at the game.  First, a huge distraction for the team.  Two, media or fans getting aggressive to get statements from the players.  And probably other issues.

10 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Nothing good can come from the 3 being at the game.  First, a huge distraction for the team.  Two, media or fans getting aggressive to get statements from the players.  And probably other issues.

One has to imagine they would stay at the hotel if they haven't been cleared

I would find it rather odd if Henriquez and Bishop flew to NYC I’d they weren’t going to play. I recall seeing Ash Yacoubou at the Chipotle by SLU during his transfer redshirt year while the team was out of town playing in a tournament. I don’t think Henriquez, Foreman, Bess, and Graves travelled with the team last season. I just find it hard to believe that suspended players could travel with the team.

2 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I would find it rather odd if Henriquez and Bishop flew to NYC I’d they weren’t going to play. I recall seeing Ash Yacoubou at the Chipotle by SLU during his transfer redshirt year while the team was out of town playing in a tournament. I don’t think Henriquez, Foreman, Bess, and Graves travelled with the team last season. I just find it hard to believe that suspended players could travel with the team.

^

14 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Maybe they are flying with the team in case the Title XI investigation gets finalized and they are cleared.  Slim chance of that happening but you have to be prepared.   Wouldnt do much good if they were sitting at home

1 hour ago, CenHudDude said:

Actually, French is from Middletown, NY.  Played one year at Middletown H.S. before transferring to prep school in MA.

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

Actually, he's from Werewolftown.

French was born in 16th-century Valais, Switzerland. He is listed as having been born in 1998 in Middletown, New York in order to clear him with the NCAA, which frowns upon the use of actual werewolves in competition.

Here's an early image of French (c. 1598):

-and-_34_the-werewolf-of-ch_lons-and-_34

CenHudDude likes this

I have just about convinced myself that Henriquez, at least, is going to play in NYC.  The fan in me is a big part of it, but why did Stu just happen to retweet Henriquez this morning?  It Is almost like he is trying to give people a heads up about something he has agreed to delay reporting.

NH likes this

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I have just about convinced myself that Henriquez, at least, is going to play in NYC.  The fan in me is a big part of it, but why did Stu just happen to retweet Henriquez this morning?  It Is almost like he is trying to give people a heads up about something he has agreed to delay reporting.

sfuiab.jpg

NH likes this

18 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Maybe they are flying with the team in case the Title XI investigation gets finalized and they are cleared.  Slim chance of that happening but you have to be prepared.   Wouldnt do much good if they were sitting at home

I suppose that could be a plausible explanation, but I still think it would be odd that players who are not allowed into the arena the first 3 games would be allowed to travel to NYC on the school’s dime unless something changed with regard to their status.

20 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I'm thinking its more of a situation where the players don't cost much besides a hotel room for a few nights and since the athletic dept is pretty much treating it as business as usual except for actual game days, they are going to treat them the same up until game day. 

23 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Stu retweeted it this morning because Henriquez, whom he follows on Twitter, tweeted it himself yesterday.  It's a statement that AD is staying encouraged.  It has nothing to do with anything furtive on Durando's part.

My source tells me that the three players will be out for 5-6 games (Graves out until next semester obviously).  Who's my source? Great question. Just a friend who went to SLU whose connections to the basketball program, administration, or players are completely unknown to me.  But he's a nice guy, so...

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Stu retweeted it this morning because Henriquez, whom he follows on Twitter, tweeted it himself yesterday.  It's a statement that AD is staying encouraged.  It has nothing to do with anything furtive on Durando's part.

Henriquez tweeted inspirational stuff on the 5th and the 7th, too.  That was right after the story of the 3 not playing became news.  No retweets of those tweets.