Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Pure speculation on my part but this sounds like it came from the title 9 lawyers  

Sure sounds that way. If they're working with the University to improve their Sexual Misconduct policies as part of the University's response, it would be reasonable to think that the lawyers have also substantially completed their investigation into Situation 2.0 (or at the very least made enough progress to give the University some idea as to where things are going). That would seemingly make the whole "no news is good news mantra" quite true. Can't wait for  tip-off!

18 hours ago, shempie said:

There aren't game pictures in SLU uniforms for most of these guys. I assumed that was why no pics on the tickets.

They do a team photo shoot prior to the season with the guys in uniform and I'm pretty sure those are the photos they would most likely use for tickets (and have used in the past). 

Not really relevant, but I actually prefer not having players on the tickets.

So, I've said before, I did not read through much of the info because it was way too much. Are these the people widely thought to be involved? There's three, 1 of which we knew wouldn't be playing.... so just two of the guys are punished or is it safe to assume that it may be completely coincidental....

Just now, moytoy12 said:

He could have been on the bench in street clothes. This ain’t good.  I expect the worst for these 3.

He could have been on the bench.  I wouldn’t necessarily expect the worst. That said this is SLU Basketball and that is the safe thing to do.

Just now, TFord and TRavs said:

It was in the original tweet. You don’t know sh!t apparently. I also know from the athletes at slu. Not hard. 

The guy who basically said “all is good, nothing to see here” is now pointing to some “original tweet”.  You don’t know sh!t.  No one does.  But this news tonight at least let’s us know directionally, this ain’t going well.

Not sure what to make of this.

Wasn't it 4 involved? Why isn't the 4th sitting out? Was he the camera man making him available to play?

I never saw the 4 names so I'm not sure if these are the same guys or not but it difineitly raises some questions.

Then again a 1 game suspension to be served against HSSU wouldn't be all that bad.

I'm seeing this as really bad. We haven't heard a thing except lawyers being hired since it started. First news is 3 guys from the original tweet we all are doing great job of not revealing are not known to be injured aren't suiting up. One of coarse is not eligible to play till 2nd semester. Maybe 4th name was cameraman