Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

Never seen SLU get so many recruits with college ready game and bodies   ........ Goodwin, French, Gordon, Thatch the past two classes. 

What a physical team SLU will have next year. And the depth at every position .... WOW.  I see very little fall off on the team next year until you get to the last one or two players on the bench.  Deepest team I have ever seen for SLU and I have been following them since the early 1970's.

PG ..... JG, TG, JB

SG ..... AH, FT

C ..... LS, EW

PF ..... CG, HF, DF

SF ..... JJ, JB, MP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Never seen SLU get so many recruits with college ready game and bodies   ........ Goodwin, French, Gordon, Thatch the past two classes. 

What a physical team SLU will have next year. And the depth at every position .... WOW.  I see very little fall off on the team next year until you get to the last one or two players on the bench.  Deepest team I have ever seen for SLU and I have been following them since the early 1970's.

PG ..... JG, TG, JB

SG ..... AH, FT

C ..... RA, EH

PF ..... CG, HF, DF.

SF ..... JJ, JB, MP

RA will be gone, but Santos, another big body guy, will be eligible. I assume by EH you mean Wellmer? But you're right, this is as deep as I've ever seen our roster. It's also the most athletic roster I've ever seen SLU put on the floor.

38 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I combined them in an attempt to clean up the threads. We had multiple threads on new recruit signings, as well as multiple threads on Situation 2. I combined the two topics into 2 threads. I am not expecting the newly signed recruits to ask for a release because their threads were combined. ;) 

-thanks for explaining

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

RA will be gone, but Santos, another big body guy, will be eligible. I assume by EH you mean Wellmer? But you're right, this is as deep as I've ever seen our roster. It's also the most athletic roster I've ever seen SLU put on the floor.

Thanks .... corrected.

20 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

The Webster game is at 9am ET on a Monday.  It could be on ESPNU I guess but that would be an odd time.

I saw Tommie Liddell play at the Hoophall Classic many years ago (sat next to Matt Painter) and would consider attending again.

"The Statesmen play No. 2 Memphis East on national television December 14, play regionally-ranked Wheeler of Georgia at the Cancer Research Classic and then travel to the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions where five other FAB 50 teams await. This team will do the “Springfield Double” and opens the City of Palms Classic against No. 5 Hudson Catholic in one of the best holiday tournament opening-round matchups we’ve ever analyzed with regards to with how it relates to rankings position."

33 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

A good friend of mine who is a Mizzou fan has been telling me for a year that Gordon was not going to sign with SLU because a deal was in place that he was going to flip to Mizzou.  Over this past weekend, he told me that he heard from his sources that Gordon wanted to flip to Mizzou, but that Mizzou decided they weren't interested anymore.  When I heard that I smiled, because I knew this meant that Martin had pestered Gordon one final time last week (or should I say checked to see how strong his commitment was), and was told one final time by Gordon that was signing with SLU.  As soon as my friend told me that, I knew it was a done deal.

i agree with JMM, you need a better friend.   dump this guy.  as all mi$$ouri folk, they are all selfish snobs and unless you cater to their ways, he will discount you at every turn.   

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

"The Statesmen play No. 2 Memphis East on national television December 14, play regionally-ranked Wheeler of Georgia at the Cancer Research Classic and then travel to the Bass Pro Tournament of Champions where five other FAB 50 teams await. This team will do the “Springfield Double” and opens the City of Palms Classic against No. 5 Hudson Catholic in one of the best holiday tournament opening-round matchups we’ve ever analyzed with regards to with how it relates to rankings position."

-Bass Pro semi-finals and finals have been on CBSSports the last few years, some good games

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

Those should be good games.  I believe James Wiseman transferred to Memphis East.  And Wheeler has a 6'10 big.  Can't wait.

Great Coach Ford session. I find this bit very encouraging: "There's a lot of room to grow for this team. But there's signs of, we've got a chance to be pretty good.... ah, in areas." (4:59).

Ford back tracking a little after showing how high his hopes and expectations really are for this team.

8 hours ago, Macallan 18 said:

Nice article from the Sikeston paper on Fred Thatch.  Goodwin & Thatch playing 1 & 2 for three years could be very special.

http://standard-democrat.com/news/72534/thatch-signs-letter-of-intent-with-slu/

So much good stuff in here:

“Thatch is ranked in the top 10 percent of his class at Sikeston, has been inducted into the National Honor Society and carries a 4.15 grade-point average on a weighted scale.”

“Last year Thatch set what is believed to be a Sikeston single-season scoring record with 25.1 points per game. He also averaged 12.1 rebounds. 5.0 assists and 3.2 steals per game. He hit 40 3-pointers at a 33 percent clip and made 72 percent of his free throws, hitting 166 of 229 attempts while leading the Bulldogs to a 24-5 record before being ousted in the Class 4 quarterfinal round to eventual state champion Vashon.

With still his senior season left, Thatch is already Sikeston’s all-time leader in rebounds (942) and is approaching records in points (1,834), assists (366) and steals (245) in a career.He is only 160 points shy of Michael Porter’s school record (1,994), 69 assists shy of Juqualin Wiggins’ school record (435) and 72 steals shy of Darryl Howard’s school record (317). He is also a two-time first team all-state performer.”

36 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So much good stuff in here:

“Thatch is ranked in the top 10 percent of his class at Sikeston, has been inducted into the National Honor Society and carries a 4.15 grade-point average on a weighted scale.”

“Last year Thatch set what is believed to be a Sikeston single-season scoring record with 25.1 points per game. He also averaged 12.1 rebounds. 5.0 assists and 3.2 steals per game. He hit 40 3-pointers at a 33 percent clip and made 72 percent of his free throws, hitting 166 of 229 attempts while leading the Bulldogs to a 24-5 record before being ousted in the Class 4 quarterfinal round to eventual state champion Vashon.

With still his senior season left, Thatch is already Sikeston’s all-time leader in rebounds (942) and is approaching records in points (1,834), assists (366) and steals (245) in a career.He is only 160 points shy of Michael Porter’s school record (1,994), 69 assists shy of Juqualin Wiggins’ school record (435) and 72 steals shy of Darryl Howard’s school record (317). He is also a two-time first team all-state performer.”

Another paragraph to add to the first one:

“I think he’ll do well academically,” Sikeston coach Gregg Holifield said. “He’s a great student, he’s very smart and hard-working in the classroom. St. Louis is a great academic institution and will be a great fit for him.

8 hours ago, Macallan 18 said:

Nice article from the Sikeston paper on Fred Thatch.  Goodwin & Thatch playing 1 & 2 for three years could be very special.

"Thatch is ranked in the top 10 percent of his class at Sikeston, has been inducted into the National Honor Society and carries a 4.15 grade-point average on a weighted scale."

love it.  

9 hours ago, Macallan 18 said:

Impossible not to get pumped up about Thatch after reading that article.

NextYearBill likes this

9 hours ago, Macallan 18 said:

It would be crazy if Webster and Sikeston battle it out in the finals, though may be different Class.