Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Thatch might be the favorite to win Mr. Show-Me Basketball.  The class in the state has higher rated recruits, but I don't see anyone that will put the numbers up across the board like Thatch will in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals.  He has a chance to finish his high school career with over 2,500 points and over 1,200 rebounds.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I think Thatch might be the favorite to win Mr. Show-Me Basketball.  The class in the state has higher rated recruits, but I don't see anyone that will put the numbers up across the board like Thatch will in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals.  He has a chance to finish his high school career with over 2,500 points and over 1,200 rebounds.

and Ramey/Gordon should split votes, no?

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I believe I read when the season is over, Thatch should be the all time leader at Sikeston in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals. He's a complete player.

15 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I believe I read when the season is over, Thatch should be the all time leader at Sikeston in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals. He's a complete player.

If memory serves, he's already the rebounding leader and he's second in points and assists. Can't remember steals. Michael Porter (2009) is their all-time points leader and Thatch should pass him by about the 10-game mark. He should also have the assists crown sometime this season, but Kevin Jones may have a chance to take it from him a year later.

I reached out to Rusty Hendricks, who covers SEMO regional sports, because he was posting the Sikeston all-time lists as Thatch was moving up this past season. Hopefully he gets back to me with the current lists.

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

You may have a point, but honestly, if you're going with the idea that Gordon and Ramey will split votes, that might lead to Torrence Watson getting the award. Watson put up video game numbers last year, and the fact that he's going to Mizzou can't hurt him.

I hope you're right though.

19 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

You may have a point, but honestly, if you're going with the idea that Gordon and Ramey will split votes, that might lead to Torrence Watson getting the award. Watson put up video game numbers last year, and the fact that he's going to Mizzou can't hurt him.

I hope you're right though.

I think the fact that St Louis (especially) and KC (to a lesser extent) have some really good players, but no top 10 level talent will cause coaches in those markets to split their votes.  Thatch being a legit D1 recruit who is going to put up monster numbers will give the outstate coaches a player to rally around.

57 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Article said Gordon will be on ESPN this year.  Anybody know when?