Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

Not sure exactly how seriously to take this, but Renee Knott said he talked to Cam and Drew Halen yesterday. Said Cam said it was still between SLU, Mizzou, and UCLA. The Bruins were in the mix because he dad lives in Cali. Halen said he thought Mizzou was the best fit for Cam. Then Renee stated that Cam might not be able to get into SLU because of academic reasons. He added this almost like an after thought to the whole discussion. Maybe some of the academic stuff coming out of ND wasn't bs.

The whole saga has been so convoluted and strange that I don't think I'm all that disappointed that it seems like he won't wind up at SLU.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure exactly how seriously to take this, but Renee Knott said he talked to Cam and Drew Halen yesterday. Said Cam said it was still between SLU, Mizzou, and UCLA. The Bruins were in the mix because he dad lives in Cali. Halen said he thought Mizzou was the best fit for Cam. Then Renee stated that Cam might not be able to get into SLU because of academic reasons. He added this almost like an after thought to the whole discussion. Maybe some of the academic stuff coming out of ND wasn't bs.

Ding ding ding

Drew Hanlen (former Belmont player, current "strategic skill coach/consultant") seems overly involved in the process:

1. It's official... @CamBiedscheid will transfer to Mizzou. He's looking forward to a fresh start & a new opportunity! Headed to workout now!

2. @GreggPalermo @NateLatsch @reneknottsports He wasn't happy at ND. Lost himself as a person. Style of play barely played a role in transfer

3. @hssportscaravan @NateLatsch Thanks fellas! I appreciate @reneknottsports coming out. Cam has a second chance to make his dream a reality!

Hanlen's large role in this seems a little strange. I guess he is now Cam's spokesman. Weird for a college player to have somebody not related to him to do his talking if he is not talking himself.

The whole thing is strange. The rumors all started back in the summer with a "source" presumably his dad talking to Ben about the possibility of the kid transferring to SLU. Then he decides to go back to ND and redshirt. I never had a good vibe about daddy and the way he went about it. SPUMAC was going to be creative and make it work $$$ Just another gypsy to add to the Haith circus.

Hanlen's large role in this seems a little strange. I guess he is now Cam's spokesman. Weird for a college player to have somebody not related to him to do his talking if he is not talking himself.

I think Drew Hanlen works with Cameron as a trainer/skill coach (not sure how exactly to define that role) and it sounds like he is helping him get his mind right. Drew seems like a really good guy, so I would not view his involvement as a negative. It looks like Drew also works with Chaminade guys D. Lee, Brad Beal, and now Jayson Tatum. Appears to run a player development program called Pure Sweat Basketball.

Not sure why Cameron or his parents did not call Rene Knott or Frank Cusumano to let them know he committed to Mizzou or tweet it out instead of retweeting Drew's tweet.

I think Drew Hanlen works with Cameron as a trainer/skill coach (not sure how exactly to define that role) and it sounds like he is helping him get his mind right. Drew seems like a really good guy, so I would not view his involvement as a negative. It looks like Drew also works with Chaminade guys D. Lee, Brad Beal, and now Jayson Tatum. Appears to run a player development program called Pure Sweat Basketball.

Not sure why Cameron or his parents did not call Rene Knott or Frank Cusumano to let them know he committed to Mizzou or tweet it out instead of retweeting Drew's tweet.

Drew seems to border on agent in some of his activities.

I know the Vanderbilt coaches don't like him because he convinced one of his trainees, John Jenkins, to declare for the NBA draft rather than remaining at Vandy.

The hold up with Cam and Mizzou appears to be the fact that he would have to walk on to Mizzou this semester. Jankovic's scholarship is not available until after the spring semester according to the guy from The Columbian Tribune on 920 right now. Cam will have to pay his way this semester if he ends up at Mizzou.

I saw the short interview with him last night on channel 5 and I wondered why he said "I want to play right away". I didn't think that was possible but evidently it is.

The scholarship vacated by Jankovic can be used on Biedscheid

Wrong. Scholarships are not semester by semester. The Jankovic scholarship, while not paying out money, cannot be allocated to any other player...transfer, walk on, nothing.

Hanley trains many NBA players, not just the Chain Ade guys. Also, scholarships are semester to semester. The scholarship vacated by Jankovic can be used on Biedscheid

this from Dave Matter:

Biedscheid (pronounced "beed-shide") can’t join the Tigers as a scholarship player until after the semester, Hanlen said, when the scholarship for departed sophomore Stefan Jankovic becomes available. Jankovic left the team in November with plans to transfer, but his scholarship is still on the books until May.

Wrong. Scholarships are not semester by semester. The Jankovic scholarship, while not paying out money, cannot be allocated to any other player...transfer, walk on, nothing.

Scholarships are semester to semester. Google it.

Haith essentially has 26 scholarships a year to play with.

Drew played little roll, he told me a week ago that cam was already set on mizzou. Drew meets with cam for lessons 2 to 3 times a week( during the off season) for lessons. Hanlen would probably prefer him to be closer to stl since hanlen is constantly travelling.

Strange yes, but drews a good friends/personal trainer. Drew is also a trainer with jordan Clarkson and jabari brown.

this from Dave Matter:

Biedscheid (pronounced "beed-shide") can’t join the Tigers as a scholarship player until after the semester, Hanlen said, when the scholarship for departed sophomore Stefan Jankovic becomes available. Jankovic left the team in November with plans to transfer, but his scholarship is still on the books until May.

I'm going with the Mizzou beat writer and Hanlen over V-time on this one.