Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew seems to border on agent in some of his activities.

I know the Vanderbilt coaches don't like him because he convinced one of his trainees, John Jenkins, to declare for the NBA draft rather than remaining at Vandy.

I don't like him because he hurt KM when we played against Belmont. KM's injury cost us the next game against Mo State. The kid is a tool.

Hanley trains many NBA players, not just the Chain Ade guys. Also, scholarships are semester to semester. The scholarship vacated by Jankovic can be used on Biedscheid

Scholarships are semester to semester. Google it.

Haith essentially has 26 scholarships a year to play with.

You are wrong; time to own it.

From the NCAA handbook for student-athletes [underline added for emphasis]:

Is an athletics scholarship guaranteed for four years? At a minimum, an athletics scholarship must be a one academic year agreement. In Division I, colleges and universities are permitted to offer multi-year scholarships. Athletics scholarships may be renewed and the college or university
must notify the student-athlete in writing by July 1 whether the athletics scholarship will be renewed for the next academic year. Individual colleges and universities have appeal policies for scholarships that are reduced or not renewed.

You are both wrong, time to own it.

Is an athletics scholarship guaranteed for four years? At a minimum, an athletics scholarship must be a one academic year agreement. In Division I, colleges and universities are permitted to offer multi-year scholarships. Athletics scholarships may be renewed and the college or university

must notify the student-athlete in writing by July 1 whether the athletics scholarship will be renewed for the next academic year. Individual colleges and universities have appeal policies for scholarships that are reduced or not renewed.

Source: http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/CBSA.pdf

Mine was most certainly meant sarcastically. vtime is not my go-to authority on NCAA rules.

Mine was most certainly meant sarcastically. vtime is not my go-to authority on NCAA rules.

vtime's dream for our program would be for us to have about 50 available scholarships and a roster stocked with nothing but local OVC/juco/D2 caliber players.

I hate Missouri basketball. Bastards won't play us. Have shills writing for SL Post for 40 years. Fans are mostly a-holes. Have caveman level classes for their jocks to say they are in college.

But no one (I think) on this 784 post long thread has stated one of the most obvious, legitimate, powerful reasons why he would choose MU over SLU.

Anybody?

I hate Missouri basketball. Bastards won't play us. Have shills writing for SL Post for 40 years. Fans are mostly a-holes. Have caveman level classes for their jocks to say they are in college.

But no one (I think) on this 784 post long thread has stated one of the most obvious, legitimate, powerful reasons why he would choose MU over SLU.

Anybody?

Because the University of Missouri - Columbia and the Missouri Valley Conference both have the word Missouri?

Anybody?

Benjamin Franklin?

Anybody?

I would guess its because they have produced more NBA players over the yeas.

I think the big reason he chose Mizzou is that he doesn't have the "Defense & Team First" mentality that SLU preaches and practices everyday. Having watched a few of his AAU games and a couple ND games, Cam has become a "shoot now, pass later" type player. That doesn't cut it at SLU.

Anybody?

The Wiz?

Anybody?

Because it's a six block walk from the parking garage on game day?

Anybody?

I am blaming Gus Foulups, he told Cam that he did not know how to say, Biedscheid

So far, the only credible answer was "produced more NBA players...". But nope, that's not it.

I am not kidding around, it is a measurable, robust, compelling reason. Unfortunately.

If you really know anything about college basketball, you know the answer, maybe some just do not want to say it.

You are wrong; time to own it.

Source: http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/CBSA.pdf

There is nothing there that speaks of a situation about a kid leaving, being dismissed, etc. It's also not defining an academic year. If we go by your logic, SLU could've used an available scholarship on Biedscheid this spring, he could leave in the summer and then SLU would still be stuck with that scholarship in the Fall. You have 13 scholarships every semester. A player no longer enrolled in school cannot occupy a schollie.