Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

I am going to express a dissenting opinion about Cam. He sounds, to me at least, as a person that wants what he wants and is willing to walk if he does not get it. That is a big problem. I think coaches have to think carefully about what they are getting if they get Cam. A coach's job is to shape and direct his team, to mold the talent he has recruited into a team that expresses his ideas about play and team work. I think this might be a difficult thing to do while trying to keep Cam from bolting. In other words are you going to run a team or are you going to be doing what Cam thinks is best for himself, can you reach a mutually happy medium with Cam? Most certainly Brey could not. Food for thought, how far are you, the coach, willing to go for the sake of having Cam playing for you? Of course (strictly by what I have heard about him in this board) Haith has his own way of doing things, and he may think there is a perfect connection between his style and Cam's, who knows. However, I think Crews is a very different kind of guy and I could see some degree of incompatibility between his way of doing things and Cam's.

I think Cam has a tough decision to make, one that may indeed force him to accept more restrictions and less play time than he desires if he wants to come to SLU. Time will tell.

Just about any transfer can be viewed as "willing to walk if they don't get what they want." Doesn't mean transfers can't make sense from time to time. Particularly when they are as talented as CB or Ash before him.

The nice thing about transfers is that once you have them, they no longer have as easy an option to walk and still retain their full eligibility. Very few players transfer twice. The balance of power shifts to the coaching staff once a transfer occurs.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The nice thing about transfers is that once you have them, they no longer have as easy an option to walk and still retain their full eligibility. Very few players transfer twice. The balance of power shifts to the coaching staff once a transfer occurs.

Yes, and that is why the decision of where to transfer to will be very difficult for Cam. This is mostly a one shot deal as you say.

If CB is truly looking for a for sure starting role (since that is why he left ND), then is mizzou really the best place for him? Yeah, Haith can promise him this and that, but they already have a redshirt 4 star small forward who will be starting next year. So if he ends up at mizzou, does that mean that CB will just automatically take that guy's position once he is eligible? What if the other guy turns out to be pretty good? Then Haith will obviously no choice but to keep CB on the bench.

If he comes to slu, he is guaranteed a starting role. Simple as that.

Duce Bello can play SG next to Cam when he gets eligible, that's not an issue. Now if former 4 star SG Torian Graham from Chipola CC commits, then you could argue a possible playing time issue for Cam

Duce Bello can play SG next to Cam when he gets eligible, that's not an issue. Now if former 4 star SG Torian Graham from Chipola CC commits, then you could argue a possible playing time issue for Cam

You seem to find a lot of joy in telling us how Mizzou would be a good fit for Cam.

Lol at anyone trying to say Mizzou would offer a better situation for Cam to come in and dominate. It's just not true. Now if you wanna talk conference (also not exactly true), national perception, and snake oil Haith making it seem Mizzou is better then I would agree that an argument could be made.

I know it's been reported that SLU had interest in Cam, but I wonder how serious it ever was. Or maybe Cam didn't have super high interest in SLU. Until someone reports that Cam did indeed visit SLU, then I have a hard time believing that SLU wanted Cam or that Cam wanted to come to SLU.

I know it's been reported that SLU had interest in Cam, but I wonder how serious it ever was. Or maybe Cam didn't have super high interest in SLU. Until someone reports that Cam did indeed visit SLU, then I have a hard time believing that SLU wanted Cam or that Cam wanted to come to SLU.

SLU wanted him very badly

SLU wanted him very badly

The fact he is awaiting admissions results (and other things I've heard) indicate to me the academics thing wasn't just a cover by Brey.

Obviously I wanted him badly at slu but I guess it didn't work out. Perhaps for the best. Good luck Cam.

There is no doubt that SLU really, really wanted him. And with good reason.

Haith has proven to be a very, very good salesman. There is no denying that.

You cant force a kid to visit the school

There is no doubt that SLU really, really wanted him. And with good reason.

Haith has proven to be a very, very good salesman. There is no denying that.

Then Cam didn't have any interest in SLU I guess. That surprises me. I really don't think that SLU made as much as an effort as everyone thinks. I have nothing to back that up. But I'm not sure anyone who thinks SLU made a strong effort has anything to back that up either.

Then Cam didn't have any interest in SLU I guess. That surprises me. I really don't think that SLU made as much as an effort as everyone thinks. I have nothing to back that up. But I'm not sure anyone who thinks SLU made a strong effort has anything to back that up either.

That isn't true.

It's also possible that Cam had definite interest in SLU, but was sold when he visited Mizzou.

If he was sold after the visit to Mizzou and had interest in us and we "really" wanted him then why didn't we bring him in for a visit right away? He was released from his scholarship before Christmas and visited Mizzou last Friday.

The only "source" throughout this is Ben W. And it's clear to me that his source is not a SLU person because he knew about this in the summer and he said that SLU was not aware at the time. So if you ask me, the source was trying to play up interest in Cam.