HS Class of 2014 Updates

Pistol

Also, Reynolds tweeted that he thought the SLU staff was coming out this past weekend to "show love" since they were off; any word on whether they did? He's an infectious Twitter follow if you're not already (@MilesReyRey3), and is incredibly enthusiastic to be a Billiken.

I believe I heard Coach Crews mention on the Billiken show last night something about going to see one of the signed recruits. Perhaps that's what he was referring to.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from what I've heard and read, he will enter next season as my favorite active Billiken player. One through five are leaving.

Ash will almost certainly be mine. I wonder how many people on this board would put Jake over McBroom or Glaze.

Sounds like Miles Reynolds is having himself a game tonight against a good Mater Dei squad from California. According to Twitter, Miles scored ALL 16 of his team's points in the 1st quarter. I think he was at 19 at the half.

Mater Dei wound up winning this one, 69-57. Reynolds' 16 in the first quarter (16-15 score after 1) came on 5 3-pointers and a free throw. He finished with 21 on 5-of-7 shooting from deep. Fun fact: Whitney Young visited the mansion of Jamie Foxx and held practice on his personal court: https://twitter.com/get_slaughtered/status/429477687451582464/photo/1

Earlier last week, WYHS beat Marshall, 75-57, and North Lawndale, 64-55, both away games. I haven't found what Reynolds scored in those games yet. WYHS can clinch a conference title tonight against North Lawndale (makeup game).

-Gillmann had 8 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks in a 43-34 win over Mehlville. The fact that Mehlville only attempted 16 2-point shots and made just 6 tells me that he's disruptive on the defensive end.

-Blair Academy lost to St. Benedict's and Canarius before beating Wilbraham Monson. No clue how Jolly did in any of those.

-Bartley scored 21 in a 64-47 win over Normal West. He made 3 3-pointers and scored 13 in the first quarter. They played Centennial on Saturday but I haven't found a box score yet.

-Roby had 5 in White Station's 77-61 win over Whitehaven. Tomorrow is senior night vs. Central.

Roby plays with a very controlling point guard; he will have better chances at SLU

to learn foot movement for defence and how to get open instead of parking at the wing like Tommie L

Did at first.

He is a nice size player

I guess I should also mention that Elliott Welmer is having a solid season for Columbus North. He's averaging 15.0 points, 8.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.2 steals, 1.4 blocks, and 2.3 turnovers. His perimeter and free throw shooting percentages are low, but he's 60% from the field overall. Most recently, he scored 20 in a win over Whiteland. Columbus North is 14-4 overall, 2-1 in conference.

Everything I read still confirms that he is going to prep school and is a 2015 commitment for us. Where he's going next season is still TBD.

Whitney Young won over Schulz on senior night and easily beat CVCA. Don't have a box score for either.

White Station won its last four before the playoffs. Roby scored 7, 7, and 6 in the first three, and I don't have a box score for the fourth.

Oakville lost to #10 Lafayette, 53-50. Gillman had 14 and 6, with 4 blocks. He went off for 31, 16, and 2 in a 75-66 win over Whitfield.

Decatur MacArthur is on an 8-game winning streak. Bartley had 24 and led a momentum-changing late run that included a tomahawk dunk and sealed the win against Danville. He left the previous game against Eisenhower after a hard fall but returned to help the Generals hang on.

Whitney Young won over Schulz on senior night and easily beat CVCA. Don't have a box score for either.

White Station won its last four before the playoffs. Roby scored 7, 7, and 6 in the first three, and I don't have a box score for the fourth.

Oakville lost to #10 Lafayette, 53-50. Gillman had 14 and 6, with 4 blocks. He went off for 31, 16, and 2 in a 75-66 win over Whitfield.

Decatur MacArthur is on an 8-game winning streak. Bartley had 24 and led a momentum-changing late run that included a tomahawk dunk and sealed the win against Danville. He left the previous game against Eisenhower after a hard fall but returned to help the Generals hang on.

Link to Marcus' Dunk it is the #1 play.

Looks very good for the recruitment class of 2014

Link to Marcus' Dunk it is the #1 play.

Nice. Thanks. I was going to search for video but ran out of steam last night.

Great-looking dunk. Beat everyone down the floor (he's got a long stride) and was at the rim in a flash. Explosive step. I like it.

Nice. Thanks. I was going to search for video but ran out of steam last night.

Great-looking dunk. Beat everyone down the floor (he's got a long stride) and was at the rim in a flash. Explosive step. I like it.

-Torch thanks for the link

-I agree with Pistol, like that he took it with some defense there

If Bartley eventually puts on some weight, he could be something really special

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but Jolly was raised to 3 stars by Scout. I don't know if there has ever been such a highly rated recruiting class overall at SLU.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/brett-jolly

AND OUR RECRUITS NEVER USED TO RISE IN LEVEL AFTER THEY SIGNED? IS THIS A SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE?

Roby had 9 in White Station's 83-66 win over Arlington in the SCIAA Championship game. White Station is now 26-1 and the district tournament starts Monday night.

Whitney Young plays again tomorrow in the City Tournament; the City Championship is on 2/21.

MacArthur's winning streak was snapped against Central on 2/11, but they beat Danville by 30 last night. Haven't seen Bartley's numbers from either.

Oakville won at Parkway Central, 64-61. Gillman scored 11, with 11 rebounds and 3 blocks. Oakville is 15-4 overall, 4-1 in conference. Gillmann is averaging 18.3 points, 10.8 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 0.7 steals, and 3.7 blocks. He's shooting 66.4% from the field, 26.7% from 3, and 74.7% from the line.

Blair beat Peddie again, 61-42 before falling to Hill 58-49 and beating Pioneer 83-66. They face everyone's favorite - Peddie - yet again Saturday afternoon in the NJ state playoffs. No word on Jolly's numbers, but here's a little video: http://coxsportsonline.com/2014/02/14362/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=3741834

Wouldn't be surprised if we're still seeking a JUCO point guard....here are a couple we lost out on:

Malcomn Canada, Tulane

http://theadvocate.com/sports/stateschools/5959462-123/tulane-basketball-adds-junior-college

Devin Brooks, Creighton

http://playforthegarden.com/2013/07/26/creighton-welcomes-two-juco-transfers/

You guys are going to need one for sure until your 3 stars get some time. I like 4 stars way better and we have 3 coming into the fold including a top 50 and 3 top 100s next year to an already loaded squad. Fear the RAM.