HS Class of 2014 Updates

Pistol

SG Josh Robinson from St. Mary's has been going off lately - 48 points today, 50 the other night, averaging 36 ppg. He signed with Austin Peay, and I wonder if he should've waited.

On Monday, he put up 48 against St. Pius (my alma mater) and STILL lost 88-83. Looks like a good get for APeay....

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what I'm seeing on the twitters, Miles Reynolds and Whitney Young play for the HS championship against Cliff Alexander's team (KU commit) in what some are calling the biggest game in Chicago HS hoop history.

Does anyone know if there is any way to watch this game online?

Based on what I'm seeing on the twitters, Miles Reynolds and Whitney Young play for the HS championship against Cliff Alexander's team (Illinois commit) in what some are calling the biggest game in Chicago HS hoop history.

Does anyone know if there is any way to watch this game online?

I believe that is for the Chicago City title not the state title.

White Station is up to 29-1 and has a playoff game tonight against Overton. Roby had 5 on Saturday against Houston, 16 on 2/19 against Hamilton, and 8 on 2/17 against Overton. Weird that you can see the same team in Districts and Regionals, but hey, Tennessee's a weird state.

Blair Academy won the NJ Class A State Prep title with a 77-65 win over St. Benedict's. Jolly had 10 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. I'm relieved to be done chasing down stats for Blair and Jolly.

I don't remember where I last checked in with Bartley, but Decatur MacArthur lost to Normal Community by 2 on 2/18, lost to Centennial by 7, and beat Urbana by 40. Bartley had 14 against Normal Community, scoring 9 in the fourth quarter, but struggled against Alex Peacock of NCHS. Bartley hit 3-pointers with 16 and 5 seconds left, but they ran out of time in the end. I can't find his point totals from the last two. MacArthur plays again tonight against Mt. Zion.

Whitney Young lost that quadruple OT heartbreaker, originally sent into OT by Reynolds' clutch 3, by 3 points to Curie. Reynolds finished with 13, and Whitney Young has some basketball left to play with the IL state playoffs coming up, and could face Curie (and KU recruit Cliff Alexander) again in sectionals. This was just for the Chicago city title.

Oakville and Gillmann lost two last week, to a very solid Webster Groves and a way-worse-than-usual DeSmet. I haven't found stats on the Lindbergh game (postponed, or just not covered?). AG had 12 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 blocks against Webster but fouled out. He had 19, 6, and 3 blocks against DeSmet and chipped in a couple steals, holding himself to only one foul. Gillmann is now averaging 17.5 points, 10.0 rebounds, and 3.6 blocks. His shooting percentages remain strong. Oakville plays at home against Washington on Wednesday.

Reynolds missed his first ever (non-basketball travel-related) day of HS this week with the flu. Not sure when WY will begin playoff games, but hopefully he's back to 100%. Also, he thinks SLU should be ranked above Villanova and Creighton.

White Station is up to 29-1 and has a playoff game tonight against Overton. Roby had 5 on Saturday against Houston, 16 on 2/19 against Hamilton, and 8 on 2/17 against Overton. Weird that you can see the same team in Districts and Regionals, but hey, Tennessee's a weird state.

Blair Academy won the NJ Class A State Prep title with a 77-65 win over St. Benedict's. Jolly had 10 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. I'm relieved to be done chasing down stats for Blair and Jolly.

I don't remember where I last checked in with Bartley, but Decatur MacArthur lost to Normal Community by 2 on 2/18, lost to Centennial by 7, and beat Urbana by 40. Bartley had 14 against Normal Community, scoring 9 in the fourth quarter, but struggled against Alex Peacock of NCHS. Bartley hit 3-pointers with 16 and 5 seconds left, but they ran out of time in the end. I can't find his point totals from the last two. MacArthur plays again tonight against Mt. Zion.

Whitney Young lost that quadruple OT heartbreaker, originally sent into OT by Reynolds' clutch 3, by 3 points to Curie. Reynolds finished with 13, and Whitney Young has some basketball left to play with the IL state playoffs coming up, and could face Curie (and KU recruit Cliff Alexander) again in sectionals. This was just for the Chicago city title.

Oakville and Gillmann lost two last week, to a very solid Webster Groves and a way-worse-than-usual DeSmet. I haven't found stats on the Lindbergh game (postponed, or just not covered?). AG had 12 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 blocks against Webster but fouled out. He had 19, 6, and 3 blocks against DeSmet and chipped in a couple steals, holding himself to only one foul. Gillmann is now averaging 17.5 points, 10.0 rebounds, and 3.6 blocks. His shooting percentages remain strong. Oakville plays at home against Washington on Wednesday.

There was some question after the game as to whether an ineligible player for Curie participate. Not sure if this was brought to closure or not.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/chi-curie-cps-probe-ineligible-players-20140224,0,3956159.story

Whitney Young (2 seed Chicago Marist Sectional) starts IHSA 4A Playoffs next Tuesday - 3/4 @ 6pm

The show down with Curie (#1 seed) would be Friday, March 14, if both win there 1st 3 playoff games.

Decatur MacArthur - starts IHSA 3A playoffs next Wednesday - 3/5 @ 7pm - against Normal(University)

Reynolds missed his first ever (non-basketball travel-related) day of HS this week with the flu. Not sure when WY will begin playoff games, but hopefully he's back to 100%. Also, he thinks SLU should be ranked above Villanova and Creighton.

As if we needed another reason to love Reynolds and know how tough he is, the announcers during that 4 OT game were talking about how he had the flu then. Pretty amazing that he played a 4 OT game and hit a clutch shot all while being sick.

Decatur MacArthur defeated Mt. Zion, 75-62. I can't find a box or a mention on Twitter about Bartley's stats. Tonight is senior night vs. Normal Community.

White Station beat Overton 67-48 and will play Hamilton tonight in the Region 8 AAA Championship game. No box score for WS-Overton available yet. Because of the quirks of Tennessee high school sports, this is the fourth time White Station will see Hamilton. Beating a team three times is already hard enough. Sectionals start on March 3.

Oakville beat Lindbergh 57-40 and lost to Washington, 78-47. Ouch. Gillmann had 12 and 11 (7 offensive!) at Lindbergh, with 6 blocks. No stats are available for the Washington game yet. Oakville plays Poplar Bluff on Tuesday at Seckman.

Decatur MacArthur defeated Mt. Zion, 75-62. I can't find a box or a mention on Twitter about Bartley's stats. Tonight is senior night vs. Normal Community.

White Station beat Overton 67-48 and will play Hamilton tonight in the Region 8 AAA Championship game. No box score for WS-Overton available yet. Because of the quirks of Tennessee high school sports, this is the fourth time White Station will see Hamilton. Beating a team three times is already hard enough. Sectionals start on March 3.

Oakville beat Lindbergh 57-40 and lost to Washington, 78-47. Ouch. Gillmann had 12 and 11 (7 offensive!) at Lindbergh, with 6 blocks. No stats are available for the Washington game yet. Oakville plays Poplar Bluff on Tuesday at Seckman.

Roby had 10pts 6rebs and 5assist against Overton

I'm wasting a one of my limited posts here. But Creighton loses three big SR's next year. Nova loses their leading scorer, but should be AOK next year. Marquette losed 3 of their top 5. X looks to be in great shape. Providence loses their 2 best players. St Johns at this point looks like a top 3 team. A mediocre at best loses by far their best player. They do have solid underclassmen left. They'll probably get 2-3 in at best.

I am talking BB and I do it a lot with the stuff to back it up.

Is the Big E really greener pastures except for the TV money?

EDIT: OK responding to the post after this one, so as not to lose a precious daily post. IMO, the Big E is losing their exposure and big recruiting edge due to their perennial powerhouse teams gone. Yes, the payout is better, but for how long? They are a mid-major with 2 very strong teams this year. I don't see that changing soon. You can't lose UCONN WVA SYR VILLE and still be a premier conference with the advantages that go with it. We've been stealing NE recruits and GT recruits at a good clip from the BE of late. i think you overestimate the recruiting edge of the BE name. I could be wrong, but I'm just looking at the league as it stands now without it's premier Blue Blood names.

Recruiting sites have the Big East's recruiting classes rated consistently higher than the A10 for class of 2014. Just an indication of the opportunity to get higher level recruits in the Big East.

I'm wasting a one of my limited posts here. But Creighton loses three big SR's next year. Nova loses their leading scorer, but should be AOK next year. Marquette losed 3 of their top 5. X looks to be in great shape. Providence loses their 2 best players. St Johns at this point looks like a top 3 team. A mediocre at best loses by far their best player. They do have solid underclassmen left. They'll probably get 2-3 in at best.

I am talking BB and I do it a lot with the stuff to back it up.

Is the Big E really greener pastures except for the TV money?

EDIT: OK responding to the post after this one, so as not to lose a precious daily post. IMO, the Big E is losing their exposure and big recruiting edge due to their perennial powerhouse teams gone. Yes, the payout is better, but for how long? They are a mid-major with 2 very strong teams this year. I don't see that changing soon. You can't lose UCONN WVA SYR VILLE and still be a premier conference with the advantages that go with it. We've been stealing NE recruits and GT recruits at a good clip from the BE of late. i think you overestimate the recruiting edge of the BE name. I could be wrong, but I'm just looking at the league as it stands now without it's premier Blue Blood names.

Marcus Bartley season is over for Decatur MacArthur. Lost in IHSA 3A Regional Finals to a good Lincoln team 46-44 in OT.

Marcus had 13pts (2/2 from 2, 3/8 from 3) with 3 rebounds and 2 assists.

Lincoln has a 2015 kid that is starting to get some looks from D1 schools. Gavin Block is a 6-5 slasher/shooter that is flying a little under the radar at this point.

Lincoln has a 2015 kid that is starting to get some looks from D1 schools. Gavin Block is a 6-5 slasher/shooter that is flying a little under the radar at this point.

I watched Lincoln at the Collinsville tourney. They steamrolled that field, helluva team.

Add Austin Gillmann to the list of players whose season is over. After a 68-66 win over Poplar Bluff, Oakville lost the Class 5 District 1 final to Jackson by a score of 56-45. Oakville finishes the season at 17-7. In the PB game, Gillmann had 12 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 blocks. In the Jackson game, Gillmann got into foul trouble early and fouled out with 5:37 to play, finishing with just 4 points. Sounds like neutralizing Gillmann and Sarajlic was the key of the Jackson defensive gameplan.

I know it was posted elsewhere but I figured I'd reiterate here:

Roby's White Station team lost to Hamilton in the Championship of the Region 8 AAA Championship game. Unfortunately for WS, this is the fourth time the teams saw each other. It's tough enough to beat a team three times, let alone four. And Hamilton's one of the stronger teams in Tennessee. White Station still got to go to Sectionals, where they lost to Arlington - a team they'd beaten twice earlier in the season. Roby had 24 in the loss. He had 10 in the Hamilton game, and filled up the stat sheet with rebounds and assists. He's a gamer. White Station finishes 30-3 for the season, disappointingly a few rounds before the Tennessee State Finals. That's what happens, though, when you have to face teams three and four times and have a giant target on your backs.