HS Class of 2014 Updates

Pistol

I know it was posted elsewhere but I figured I'd reiterate here:

Roby's White Station team lost to Hamilton in the Championship of the Region 8 AAA Championship game. Unfortunately for WS, this is the fourth time the teams saw each other. It's tough enough to beat a team three times, let alone four. And Hamilton's one of the stronger teams in Tennessee. White Station still got to go to Sectionals, where they lost to Arlington - a team they'd beaten twice earlier in the season. Roby had 24 in the loss. He had 10 in the Hamilton game, and filled up the stat sheet with rebounds and assists. He's a gamer. White Station finishes 30-3 for the season, disappointingly a few rounds before the Tennessee State Finals. That's what happens, though, when you have to face teams three and four times and have a giant target on your backs.

Watched some footage of Roby. Kid is always where he's supposed to be. One of the more exciting recruits I've seen for the Billikens.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, Reynolds and Whitney Young are still going strong. Chicago (Marist) Sectional results:

Regional Semifinals: Whitney Young 76, Reavis (Burbank) 44. Reynolds: 18 points, 5 assists.

Regional Finals: Whitney Young 73, De La Salle 60. Reynolds: 12 points (slideshow has a nice photo of him in the face of a DLS player).

Next up: Sectional semifinals vs. Simeon on 3/12.

On the other side of the bracket, Curie was bounced in the regional semifinals after the ineligible player scandal broke after the City Championships, so King and St. Rita play tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, Reynolds and Whitney Young are still going strong. Chicago (Marist) Sectional results:

Regional Semifinals: Whitney Young 76, Reavis (Burbank) 44. Reynolds: 18 points, 5 assists.

Regional Finals: Whitney Young 73, De La Salle 60. Reynolds: 12 points (slideshow has a nice photo of him in the face of a DLS player).

Next up: Sectional semifinals vs. Simeon on 3/12.

On the other side of the bracket, Curie was bounced in the regional semifinals after the ineligible player scandal broke after the City Championships, so King and St. Rita play tomorrow night.

Was there any mention if Cliff Alexander was involved in the ineligible player scandal?

Was there any mention if Cliff Alexander was involved in the ineligible player scandal?

No, Alexander was not one of the seven ineligible players. He was something of a one-man team the other night: http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/id/10553981/cliff-alexander-curie-metropolitan-high-school-season-ends-stunning-loss-dusable

Add Austin Gillmann to the list of players whose season is over. After a 68-66 win over Poplar Bluff, Oakville lost the Class 5 District 1 final to Jackson by a score of 56-45. Oakville finishes the season at 17-7. In the PB game, Gillmann had 12 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 blocks. In the Jackson game, Gillmann got into foul trouble early and fouled out with 5:37 to play, finishing with just 4 points. Sounds like neutralizing Gillmann and Sarajlic was the key of the Jackson defensive gameplan.

That's a really convenient district for Oakville to be placed in.

• 2 weeks later...

Whitney Young advanced to the state semifinals this coming weekend. Game is Friday night in Peoria.

Xavier commit and former SLU recruiting target Sean O'Mara advanced on the other half of the Super Sectional as well. If they each win their next games, the 4A championship will feature a SLU commit versus a Xavier commit that passed on SLU.

Believe I received update from Billikenreport/scout that Jeff Roberson committed to Vanderbilt

• 4 weeks later...

These kids are definitely enthusiastic. Here's wishing you all great success as Billikens. Billiken nation suffered thru some lean years, but the last three have spoiled us, and we've gotten used to winning. We all want you FR to carry that forward and we're behind you all the way. Go Billikens!

I haven't been keeping official tabs, but my recollection is that all of our recruits (except maybe Gillman) had solid BCS offers. It is perhaps the most telling "unofficial" stat about the rise of the program. Here is what I found:

Jolly - Colorado and TCU

Reynolds - LSU

Davell Roby - LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, MU, Arkansas, Wake Forest

Marcus Bartley - Northwestern

Milik - Auburn, Minnesota, and Iowa

Gillman committed very early and was expected to be a longer term project, so it isn't fair to benchmark his offers at the time.

I haven't been keeping official tabs, but my recollection is that all of our recruits (except maybe Gillman) had solid BCS offers. It is perhaps the most telling "unofficial" stat about the rise of the program. Here is what I found:

Jolly - Colorado and TCU

Reynolds - LSU

Davell Roby - LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, MU, Arkansas, Wake Forest

Marcus Bartley - Northwestern

Milik - Auburn, Minnesota, and Iowa

Gillman committed very early and was expected to be a longer term project, so it isn't fair to benchmark his offers at the time.

Believe Bartley had an Oklahoma State offer