Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

40 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-with all that is swirling out there I wonder if the coach who made this quote really knows; he might, might not

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight. Tilmon essentially being placed in a prep school by U of I is ethical and fair game, but as soon as he leaves SLU has tampered and is the next school the NCAA comes down on? Yeah I don't think that is a good argument but who knows. 

13 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

-this Tilmon talk is very entertaining

-interesting take that LOI Day is overrated when a top 10 kid that was thought to be signing with them doesn't

-and yes Roy and Harv, message boards have deranged and irrational posters, just like bloggers

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

This guy Schmidt is delusional.  He should do a little research and find out that SLU allows any athlete in who meets the NCAA requirements.  If IL has a higher standard then that is their issue not ours.  He also thinks that going to IL is like going to KY or Duke or UNC - it is not the same.  As the guy in Mojoe's post points out in the last 5 years we have been in more NCAA tourneys and have more wins in the tourney then IL.  Why people think a 2.5 hour drive is short and equal to  a 20 minutes drive is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-this Tilmon talk is very entertaining

-interesting take that LOI Day is overrated when a top 10 kid that was thought to be signing with them doesn't

-and yes Roy and Harv, message boards have deranged and irrational posters, just like bloggers

That paragraph was amazing and deserves to be printed in full:

And because Tilmon is wavering over when he will sign, it has resulted in the Billikens' men's basketball program coming to the forefront yet again thanks to the St. Louis media and a fan base that is as deranged and irrational as one can be thinking this is the final nail in the coffin with respect to Ford being able to win over Tilmon and get him to flip.

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

And because Tilmon is wavering over when he will sign, it has resulted in the Billikens' men's basketball program coming to the forefront yet again thanks to the St. Louis media and a fan base that is as deranged and irrational as one can be thinking this is the final nail in the coffin with respect to Ford being able to win over Tilmon and get him to flip.

Finally, we MBM's are duly recognized   YES, we have arrived!  Look out Cameron Crazies, the Deranged Billikens are here!

If Tilmon is waiting to see how the Illini do this year then it may be looking up for the Bills. I am projecting 3-15  in conference play.  It is not that they are that bad ( B ) they are just in a tough conference ( A )  (with 8 teams projected to go to the Big Dance)) and are not good enough. 

Can't imagine that Illini fans would put up with Groce for another year if they are way below .500.

1 hour ago, Westy03 said:

That comes across as more as deranged Illini fan boy than sober analysis.  Good job assailing the kids integrity and calling into question his academic ability Roy. Hell, this seems to be the line their whole fan base wants to run with.  And, Illini fans wonder why the kid is rethinking his choice.  With fans like that who needs enemies?

These Illini radio guys are hilarious. Listen to the 1st 15 minutes of hour 2 - Illinois guy says he spoke with JT's mom. She was asked if JT could sign this period and she said "yes." Also, SLU is sending red flags with these shut down recruitments and compared SLU to "Blue Chips" also the 15 minute mark in hour 3 with Brian Snow of Scout.

http://tayandj.podbean.com/

1 hour ago, FromDaEastSide said:

These Illini radio guys are hilarious. Listen to the 1st 15 minutes of hour 2 - Illinois guy says he spoke with JT's mom. She was asked if JT could sign this period and she said "yes." Also, SLU is sending red flags with these shut down recruitments and compared SLU to "Blue Chips" also the 15 minute mark in hour 3 with Brian Snow of Scout.

http://tayandj.podbean.com/

They are saying straight up the only way SLU Is getting these players is by cheating. 

6 hours ago, Westy03 said:

This guy is Captain Tin Foil Hat.  He spends 2/3rds of his blog post listing legitimate (i.e. non-investigation worthy) reasons why JT might be (re)considering SLU, then he concludes that an investigation must be done if JT chooses SLU.  He needs to leave his basement more often. 

I know I'm absolutely not the first to say it, but this whole Tilmon situation seems like, "I'm gonna wait to see if Groce gets fired, and if so I'll go to SLU. If not, I'll still with Illinois." 

Hope im wrong and he signs with us this period. My excitement for this season would be raised just in further anticipation of next season. 

15 hours ago, Westy03 said:

What a tool! None of this should be surprising. I'm just a MBM, but I've been beating the drum for quite some time about how it should be easy to recruit against Groce now because he is on the hot seat. It's a perfect storm why local recruits would consider us over the dumpster fire at SPUMAC and the uncertainty at Illinois... two coaches on the hot seat, while we have a new coach just starting out who added one of the most connected recruiters on the local scene. On top of that, as that one astute Illinois fan pointed out, we've even had more recent (last 5 years) NCAA Tournament success than those other programs.