Recruiting 2015

I think MR could very well develop into a solid, consistent contributor for us down the road. I would probably be sad to see him go. However, that being said, I would not be surprised to see him decide to transfer after the season. He's a very smart kid whose dad runs an investment firm in Chicago. I seem to remember he had Ivy League offers before choosing SLU. I definitely could see his dad telling him that he had his one year of major college ball to prove to himself that he's not headed to the NBA, and that it's time to think about his future after basketball. A business degree from SLU is a valuable thing to have, but it doesn't compare to an Ivy League business degree. Plus, he would probably be much more of a factor in Ivy League games than at the level we're trying to play.

I think his dad would have known if he was making the NBA out of high school, plus the family had Okafor to compare to. He would have probably been more highly recruited I imagine. I think he is realistic and wants to play bball on a competitive team

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cgeldmacher, Miles is a really nice kid, he has good grades, speaks well and gets along with others nicely. His father, judging by the people he takes pictures with, is a very important and well connected person. They do not need the NBA money or the IVY league degrees. Miles can choose where he wants to go to. I personally think he will grow into an important asset for the SLU team and I hope he stays playing with us until he graduates.

I think Ash and McBroom both should be big parts of next year's team. Ash needs some coaching when it comes to not forcing things. I actually think this will be fixed.

McBroom is a bigger issue. The staff appears to have no clue how to properly use him. It seems McBroom either gets around 30 minutes or gets lost in the shuffle. He is neither a 30 minute guy or the guy that has been averaging about 7 minutes a game the last 3 games either.

I think MR could very well develop into a solid, consistent contributor for us down the road. I would probably be sad to see him go. However, that being said, I would not be surprised to see him decide to transfer after the season. He's a very smart kid whose dad runs an investment firm in Chicago. I seem to remember he had Ivy League offers before choosing SLU. I definitely could see his dad telling him that he had his one year of major college ball to prove to himself that he's not headed to the NBA, and that it's time to think about his future after basketball. A business degree from SLU is a valuable thing to have, but it doesn't compare to an Ivy League business degree. Plus, he would probably be much more of a factor in Ivy League games than at the level we're trying to play.

i would hate this for us but would be pretty cool for him. I bet he still sees happy future here despite the stinky season.

How about President Obama and the mayor of Chicago? Who is Joe Edwards?

He owns several ventures in the loop district of U city and St. Louis. Civic leader, entrepreneur, spearheading development in the city for several years.

cgeldmacher, Miles is a really nice kid, he has good grades, speaks well and gets along with others nicely. His father, judging by the people he takes pictures with, is a very important and well connected person. They do not need the NBA money or the IVY league degrees. Miles can choose where he wants to go to. I personally think he will grow into an important asset for the SLU team and I hope he stays playing with us until he graduates.

I hope he does as well. It's just with the speculation about there being transfers, I thought he may be one that's considering it. Now that he's received more playing time recently, he may be satisfied that SLU is the place for him for the next 3 years.

How about President Obama and the mayor of Chicago? Who is Joe Edwards?

Blueberry Hill is decorated with hundreds if not thousands of photos of Joe Edwards with celebrities taken over many decades.

I'm not sure how many 18-year-olds could trump Reynolds 1-2 punch of Obama and Jay-Z...taken last spring

milesreynoldsjayz.jpg

milesreynoldsobama.jpg

Actually, I'd be surprised if any of the FR transfer. They're getting minutes which they won't get next year as a transfer. They also must know they are the core of this team for the next 3 years, unless we land some really prized recruits. And with the exception of maybe 2 players, they're not going to take a step up in competition from the A10. Now, I could see TL departing, and even AM for his SR year. He's got to be pretty discouraged right now and is probably longing for that warm California sun. If we get two openings, I certainly hope we fill at least one of them with a decent JUCO big, which is a real need for this team.

Blueberry Hill is decorated with hundreds if not thousands of photos of Joe Edwards with celebrities taken over many decades.

I'm not sure how many 18-year-olds could trump Reynolds 1-2 punch of Obama and Jay-Z...taken last spring

milesreynoldsjayz.jpg

milesreynoldsobama.jpg

In terms of landing Tatum, this should partially offset the loss of the walk-on

I don't think Reynolds father will let him transfer. He seems to be the kind of man who has taught his son to endure and honor any commitment he makes, as Kwamain's mother did with Kwamain. He's probably been taught that all things don't come easily and he will have to work hard to accomplish some things.

Actually, I'd be surprised if any of the FR transfer. They're getting minutes which they won't get next year as a transfer. They also must know they are the core of this team for the next 3 years, unless we land some really prized recruits. And with the exception of maybe 2 players, they're not going to take a step up in competition from the A10. Now, I could see TL departing, and even AM for his SR year. He's got to be pretty discouraged right now and is probably longing for that warm California sun. If we get two openings, I certainly hope we fill at least one of them with a decent JUCO big, which is a real need for this team.

'72. How many bigs can one team have? We have enough bigs. Please no more. How about 3 point shooter and another PG?

We have 3 guys shooting over 41% from 3. I'm not even sure 3 point shooting is what we need right now.

We need someone to run the offense, someone that can consistently hit the 10-15 foot shot to help with spacing, and a low post presence on both ends of the court.

3 point shooting is way down the list.

One of the guys shooting 41% will be around (at most) one more year. Roby doesn't look like a high percentage three point shooter, Gillmann doesn't look like a guy who will ever attempt them very often, and long distance shooting is not Reynolds' game at all. That leaves Crawford and Bartley, but if you're looking at 2+ years from now (which we should be in terms of recruiting), I don't think you can ignore three point shooting entirely.

The team needs more guards, period. Can't get around that by saying our bigs aren't very good. I think Crawford in some ways plays more like a small forward than a guard. I certainly don't like the idea of putting him on any of the more dangerous guards in the A-10. And like it or not, Yarbrough is probably going to have to play the 4 for the foreseeable future. I don't see the mythical impact juco big parachuting in here any time soon. That means Bartley, Roby, and Reynolds are going to need some help even if they all stick around.