Recruiting - 2013

Did you watch much Iowa basketball this year? Assuming you haven't, the Hawkeyes have a lot of talent on the team. Don't get me wrong, Ingram is a great basketball player. He got some playing time, but there are a lot of guys on the team who are better ball players. Iowa is a lot better than what the RPI says they are. Most of their losses coming right at the end of the game. They are a team that will be in the tournament next year, I can assure you.

Right on. Thanks for the info. I watch a krap ton of college basketball but outside of Indiana and Michigan very rarely watched the Big10 this year.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa is a lot better than what the RPI says they are. Most of their losses coming right at the end of the game. They are a team that will be in the tournament next year, I can assure you.

Do those losses at the end of games count? Just checking.

I don't want a kid who couldn't find time on a team that wouldn't finish in the top half of the a10 last year.

Do those losses at the end of games count? Just checking.

I don't want a kid who couldn't find time on a team that wouldn't finish in the top half of the a10 last year.

Iowa was a good team last year. I had them rated as an A team. Easy to get lost in a conference that has a half dozen A+ teams. And Iowa would not have finished in the bottom half of the A-10. I am showing they would have finished 3rd in the A-10 behind the Bills and VCU.

If there is no problem taking a sub off an A+ team in the the best conference(Abell) then there should be no problem taking a sub off an A team in the same conference (Ingram)

Bump for the last two spots.

Offers:

Hakim Saintil, PG: 5-11, 170, Roselle Catholic HS, Roselle, NJ. Offers: SLU and Fairfield. Possible offers: St. Bonaventure, Rutgers, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Cincinnati, and SMU. Prep school a possibility. Latest (5/10): Oddly enough, a new article popped up from a Cincinnati recruiting blog. She seems to be basing her information on Verbal Commits and a few other sources and doesn't add anything particularly new ("he’s made it clear that he wants to get playing time right away, so if he doesn’t think that’s a possibility at UC or any other school on his list, he could quite possibly head to prep school to gain more experience and open the door to even more options in 2014"). Also mentioned that ESPN ranked him the 12th-best player in NJ in the class of 2013. Previous: His AAU team has been playing in weekend tournaments, and playing well. He hit a clutch 3 to tie, followed by a steal and layup to win one of these tournaments a few weekends ago. He recently visited St. Bonaventure, following which he posted plenty of retweets from Bona fans. Also, a Tweet to a friend indicated that he's still uncertain whether he'll sign or go to a prep school.

Jordan Strawberry, PG: 6-1, 170, Mater Dei HS, Santa Ana, CA. Offers: SLU, UC-Riverside, and at least 2 others (UNCW likely). Claims interest from Arizona, Virginia Tech, Gonzaga, California, and Florida State. Latest (5/13): A few tweets about "leaving Cali for good in a month" and removed the "committed to _____?" out of his profile, but no word on where he's going. Previous: Visit to SLU (and dad) went very well. Since then, UNC-Wilmington has gotten in the mix and has one scholarship left to give after Addison Spruill, a shooting guard from Brevard CC, committed yesterday, 4/30. No confirmation on an offer from UNCW but it seems likely they've made one. He seems to be SLU's backup plan to Randy Onwuasor, but SLU seems like his best opportunity. This list came out on 5/1 and Strawberry's name and picture is in it. Interestingly, Onwuasor and Lancona are not mentioned. He also told a buddy on Twitter that his visit "out there" went well and he's trying to make his decision.

Randy Onwuasor, PG: 6-3, 190, Inglewood HS, Inglewood, CA. Top Choices: SLU, Miami-Ohio, and Pitt. Other offers: UC-Irvine and Cal State-Fullerton. Interest from Tennessee, Tennessee Tech, Seton Hall, Florida State, Arkansas, UNLV, Tulane, New Mexico State, and Utah. Latest (5/15): More retweets from SLU fans, along with a "Can't wait to make my college decision!!" Tweet. Will we hear today? Previous: Onwuasor has visited SLU and Miami-Ohio. SLU and Miami have both made in-home visits. He said to Ben Weixlmann that his final three choices are SLU, Miami, and Pitt. He will be playing in the Nike Global Challenge in DC in July. He has been retweeting SLU fans a lot, but the last two are about Tennessee and Tennessee Tech, both of whom are suddenly in the mix. A TTU assistant apparently visited, and he now says he plans to visit Knoxville soon. No word on offers from either. What looked like a SLU-Miami race has now opened back up. It's really hard to tell if the delay and other schools getting involved are the result of SLU prioritizing other players or Onwuasor testing the waters more.

Others:

Achraf Yacoubou, SG: 6-4, 210, Villanova. Transfer eligible as junior in 2014-2015. Interested in SLU, Pitt, and Georgia Tech. Latest (5/15): He was supposed to visit Pitt on 5/14 but I haven't seen anything about how it went. Previous: Two Tweets from sportswriters on Friday, 5/3 said that Yacoubou visited SLU and will be visiting Pitt and Georgia Tech next. UNLV and Miami are out of contention. According to pantherlair.com writer Matthew Steinbrink, Pitt is focused on Yacoubou, Sheldon Jeter (if he decides to transfer), and DeAndre Kane. Kane made it official, so Pitt has one scholarship left to give.

Remy Abell, SG: 6-4, 201, Indiana. Transfer eligible as junior in 2014-2015. Interested in SLU, Xavier, and St. Mary's. Latest (5/15): Abell had a "great" visit to SLU. St. Mary's should be up next, probably this week. Previous: If he sticks to his timeline, Abell will be making a decision later this week. Abell is a Louisville native and of the three schools on his list, only Xavier recruited him in high school. He reportedly has an offer from VCU but has not listed them as a finalist. He was also contacted by Butler coach Brad Stevens but said the program was not the right fit for him. Abell had a good visit to Xavier late last week.

Paul Jesperson, SG: 6-6, 197, Virginia. Transfer eligible as junior in 2014-2015. Interest from SLU, Northern Iowa, USC, Nebraska, and Florida. Latest (5/13): Jesperson tweeted UNI, St. Louis, USC... 3 great visits, couple more left tho" on the 11th. Previous: I'd think Nebraska is definitely one of the last couple visits, and Florida may be the other. At SLU, Manning (Virginia native) and Barnett (Wisconsin native) were his hosts. Pappy's was part of the itinerary.

The two stud recruits that were going to sign today were at the baseball game last night. Now they both want to go to the Missouri Valley.

The path to 200 pages. Can we discuss the best outdoor motion sensing lights? I need one.

I prefer dusk to dawn lights personally. Though I despise compact fluorescents generally for their slow warm up times, it is not a problem in this usage. Any standard two flood-light setup can be run for pennies a day. There are smaller versions of course, using other cfl configurations. You should contact your local neighborhood hardware store.......

I prefer dusk to dawn lights personally. Though I despise compact fluorescents generally for their slow warm up times, it is not a problem in this usage. Any standard two flood-light setup can be run for pennies a day. There are smaller versions of course, using other cfl configurations. You should contact your local neighborhood hardware store.......

Really? I just installed one last night and it has the dawn to dusk feature. I may try that tonight and see how it goes.

Are we signing anybody today? If not, I will find another home improvement topic to discuss.

this is some what old but

Roselle Catholic G Hakim Saintil did not commit to Rider and St. Louis remains his top choice, head coach Dave Boff tells

tweeted may 1st

Any updates on Jolly? When is he committing? Im scared that if he doesnt commit soon someone else will jump in and steal him.