Recruiting - 2013

Rick Broering ‏@musketeerreport 2m

Remy Abell has canceled his visit to St. Mary's. He's considering Xavier and St. Louis right now. Keep an eye on our message board...

if he enjoyed a white guy team before, he'll embrace SLU's team more than xavier's. brad redford's gone. only white boy scholarship players they've got left are stainbrook and stenger. OUR WHITE DUDES ARE BETTER!

c'mon, remy, you and crews can take shits on indiana together. or at least crews can pretend to take shits on indiana.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if he enjoyed a white guy team before, he'll embrace SLU's team more than xavier's. brad redford's gone. only white boy scholarship players they've got left are stainbrook and stenger. OUR WHITE DUDES ARE BETTER!

c'mon, remy, you and crews can take shits on indiana together. or at least crews can pretend to take shits on indiana.

And the Euro who just committed today. Plus the walk-ons.

I've been on pins and needles during this whole signing period. I don't ever recall that happening before.

+1

Seems like every other spring, we seem like we're fighting over scraps after the bigger programs have mopped up in the fall, and any spring player that pans out is gravy. I think the recruiting landscape has changed. There's more talent, more parity, more reasons why good players aren't signing first thing in the fall. Plus more transfers and international players. Add the constant stream of information from social media to the mix, and you've got a genuinely exciting time in what used to be a relatively boring period for fans.

I would think Xavier has the edge. They recruited him in HS and Cincy is 100 miles from Louisville. Plus they've had more success and are in the Big East. That's just on paper, though. Lot of other factors.

I would think Xavier has the edge. They recruited him in HS and Cincy is 100 miles from Louisville. Plus they've had more success and are in the Big East. That's just on paper, though. Lot of other factors.

I think they would have dismissed Remy by now because he's not into the "ZIP EM UP" kind of game

Well, maybe he is. If he is indeed a zip em up kind of guy, count us out. We won't have a chance.

Agreed. A lot of factors in Xavier's favor over SLU right now. The biggest edge SLU has over X for Abell is that he should have an easier path to playing time in 2014 than at X. You have to think those are the factors he is weighing right now.

Agreed. A lot of factors in Xavier's favor over SLU right now. The biggest edge SLU has over X for Abell is that he should have an easier path to playing time in 2014 than at X. You have to think those are the factors he is weighing right now.

unless crews uses the guilt trip and says we made room just for you.

This is the last tweet by Remy, from Verbal Commits:

Prayer is the most important conversation of the day. Have you talked to God today?
I am not bringing the vastly unpopular topic of religion back into play but that is what he says.

That still doesn't mean anything about who he's going to pick both schools are connected to religion

Yes, they are the question is how they are connected, and how this is perceived by Remy. He may be having some degree of difficulty making up his mind. If Xavier was far ahead of us we would have had a decision already, or viceversa.