Billiken gear

BLIKNS

3 hours ago, slufan06 said:

Hey all,

Coming into town for the Duquesne game tonight with my so . Haven’t been to STL in a long time and wondering where is the best place to go to buy some billiken gear. 

Also, what’s the best parking option for the game tonight?

Thank you!

actually the gift shop at chaifetz is fine imo.  

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

actually the gift shop at chaifetz is fine imo.  

Striving for fine.

Rally House, Arch Apparel(if that's your style has a couple brick n morters), Arena Shop carries select t-shirts from Homefield albeit the least attractive designs IMO, you might be able to catch the Bookstore open.

You guys are the best. Was able to pick up some gear at Rally House. I’ll check out the gift shop at Chaifetz tonight. 

It’s my son’s first game, so hoping we go on a run to finish out the season heading into Brooklyn. 

go bills!

3 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

Baseball cap giveaway tonight but they’re probably all gone by now. We got our 2.

I got to the game 45 minutes prior to tip-off, they were all gone.

I only make it to 1 or 2 home games a year (2 this year, this one and the Memphis game) because of distance. One thing I don't understand, folks leaving with 2 minutes left on the clock. This game was anybodies game with only a few seconds before the final buzzer. I had a aisle seat and what annoyed me is these folks walking up the steps and blocking my view.

Anyway, a win against a hot team. 

willie likes this

9 hours ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

One thing I don't understand, folks leaving with 2 minutes left on the clock.

i agree.   makes absolutely no sense.   why even come to the game if you are leaving while the outcome is hardly decided yet.  the st louis need to beat the traffic is dumbfounding 

1 hour ago, slufan06 said:

Great win last night. We sat next to Roland Gray who was awesome.

My son had a great experience and I’m glad we held on for the win!

Roland Gray holds a Billiken record that may never be broken.  Single Season 3FG% of 0.500, minimum 50 attempts.  He did just that in 1988-89 hitting 56 of 112 attempts.

4 hours ago, slufan06 said:

Great win last night. We sat next to Roland Gray who was awesome.

My son had a great experience and I’m glad we held on for the win!

Roland Gray is great, I got to hang with him for the second half of the ABC game last year. Glad you got your boy some gear and he got to see a win. So important for alumni and fans to get the next gen involved early.

On 2/18/2023 at 1:50 PM, slufan06 said:

You guys are the best. Was able to pick up some gear at Rally House. I’ll check out the gift shop at Chaifetz tonight. 

It’s my son’s first game, so hoping we go on a run to finish out the season heading into Brooklyn. 

go bills!

Great memories taking my son to Billikens games in the 80’s

8 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i agree.   makes absolutely no sense.   why even come to the game if you are leaving while the outcome is hardly decided yet.  the st louis need to beat the traffic is dumbfounding 

Haha, that hurts! My wife and I left with like 5+ minutes to go. We were out all day and had a needy dog to get home to, actually ended up getting home before the game even ended. I’ve become the old man, let’s beat traffic home this season. I suppose I find myself not overly caring enough to stick around the entire game (if we even go to the games), I don’t know. Won’t happen against Dayton though! This isn’t Billiken specific either, I’m just not as passionate about any of the teams I root for at this point in my life which I assume is why we won’t bother with season tickets much longer. Maybe save that $ and just go to two or three games a season, one road trip, and then ideally some post season trip either conference tournament or post season and just watch the games on tv? I know, bad fan, but I’m not sure the last game I was there for the final horn (SIUE maybe?) and don’t regret missing anything.

brianstl likes this

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

Haha, that hurts! My wife and I left with like 5+ minutes to go. We were out all day and had a needy dog to get home to, actually ended up getting home before the game even ended. I’ve become the old man, let’s beat traffic home this season. I suppose I find myself not overly caring enough to stick around the entire game (if we even go to the games), I don’t know. Won’t happen against Dayton though! This isn’t Billiken specific either, I’m just not as passionate about any of the teams I root for at this point in my life which I assume is why we won’t bother with season tickets much longer. Maybe save that $ and just go to two other three games a season, one road trip, and then ideally some post season late travel planning and watch the games on tv? I know, bad fan, but I’m not sure the last game I was there for the final horn (SIUE maybe?) and don’t regret missing anything.

That's kind of sad to read.....

13 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

That's kind of sad to read.....

I know, but it’s reality for me. Folks won’t have to worry about me cutting out early much longer though, I assume based on our usage of the tickets this will be our last season doing so. With the COVID season and then spending a month in Florida last winter, I think we got accustomed to not going to games and haven’t gotten back into wanting to go to every home game. And then maybe for those few games I do go to I will want to stay for the entirety of the game? This fall I’m going to the Ryder Cup, so my sports expenses will be high just from that! Might save my spending on the Billikens for a road trip and the conference tournament.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I know, but it’s reality for me. Folks won’t have to worry about me cutting out early much longer though, I assume based on our usage of the tickets this will be our last season doing so. With the COVID season and then spending a month in Florida last winter, I think we got accustomed to not going to games and haven’t gotten back into wanting to go to every home game. And then maybe for those few games I do go to I will want to stay for the entirety of the game? This fall I’m going to the Ryder Cup, so my sports expenses will be high just from that! Might save my spending on the Billikens for a road trip and the conference tournament.

I think multiple years in a row of high preseason hopes and ending up being let down have took a toll on my fandom. I care less than I ever had. Have gone from couldn’t wait to go back to games during COVID to at this point this season not caring about going to the games.  I didn’t even feel like this in the 5 win season.

BilliesBy40 likes this

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Haha, that hurts! My wife and I left with like 5+ minutes to go. We were out all day and had a needy dog to get home to, actually ended up getting home before the game even ended. I’ve become the old man, let’s beat traffic home this season. I suppose I find myself not overly caring enough to stick around the entire game (if we even go to the games), I don’t know. Won’t happen against Dayton though! This isn’t Billiken specific either, I’m just not as passionate about any of the teams I root for at this point in my life which I assume is why we won’t bother with season tickets much longer. Maybe save that $ and just go to two or three games a season, one road trip, and then ideally some post season trip either conference tournament or post season and just watch the games on tv? I know, bad fan, but I’m not sure the last game I was there for the final horn (SIUE maybe?) and don’t regret missing anything.

I never thought it would happen to me but with a wife, 2 kids under 4, and a job that involves more travel, and moving from 5 minutes from the arena to 35 minutes I've missed more games this season than I have all together in a decade.  I hope that if we were good I wouldn't have missed so many games as I was the most excited about this team preseason than I have been in a long time.  Add in my father's health problems, as we had to switch seats 3 times and now are permanently in the handicapped seats.  With all the games on TV and the coverage we get, it's almost too easy to stay home.  I think a change in Head Coach will reinvigorate my fandom.

That said I'd let my dog pee on my rug before I ever left a game early.

JMM28 and rgbilliken like this