2024-25 Roster

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Someone posted Turnbull was to visit this week. And Trilly said Doelitz was gonna commit. Has he even visited? 

Dotzler visited, yes. Trilly just said Turnbull won't be a Billiken. 

11 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

Dotzler visited, yes. Trilly just said Turnbull won't be a Billiken. 

Any hints if Schertz passed on Turnbull (or didn’t prioritize super high) or if he passed on us. I thought he woulda been a good fit. 

Maybe this means the incoming freshman big will play a bit. 

6 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

Any hints if Schertz passed on Turnbull (or didn’t prioritize super high) or if he passed on us. I thought he woulda been a good fit. 

I have no inside information. Trilly said he expects Evansville, or a similar school. My guess is Turnbull is looking for guaranteed starter minutes. 

SLU_Lax likes this

4 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

I have no inside information. Trilly said he expects Evansville, or a similar school. My guess is Turnbull is looking for guaranteed starter minutes. 

Thank you. That’s what I failed to state clearly on us passing. Of course we would take Turnbull, but I understand him wanting some assurances or indications he will get lots of playtime. 

Feel like Turnbull could’ve got minutes here, both spelling Avila and as a corner sniper. 

No reason you can’t play two bigs in a 5-out, so long as both can shoot.

I was really  hoping to get Turnbull. I hope is next place works out. I thought this was the perfect system for him. We only have 2 bigs and one is a very skinny  freshman and a foriegn player and they often have difficulty getting cleared to play.

1 hour ago, SLU_Lax said:

Obviously we passed on him. 

Why would we invite Turnbull to come to campus, give him a tour, and then tell him we are not interested?  That makes no sense.  I know everyone wants to think we can do no wrong right now, but I have to think he turned us down.

35 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Why would we invite Turnbull to come to campus, give him a tour, and then tell him we are not interested?  That makes no sense.  I know everyone wants to think we can do no wrong right now, but I have to think he turned us down.

Haha exactly, though that would be pretty funny. “Hey Connor, look at all our cool $hit, too bad you’ll never get to enjoy it! Catch ya later”

I do think there could have likely been a conversation around playing time/role that resulted in coach telling him he’s essentially Robbie’s backup and him deciding he’s looking for more. 

Or I was wondering if it was he backs up the 5 and gets another 15ish minutes at the 4. It means he is an important role player and depth piece, but not featured.   I don’t know at all. 

I will say I really wanted him and think he would’ve made us a better team. 

7 hours ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Haha exactly, though that would be pretty funny. “Hey Connor, look at all our cool $hit, too bad you’ll never get to enjoy it! Catch ya later”

I do think there could have likely been a conversation around playing time/role that resulted in coach telling him he’s essentially Robbie’s backup and him deciding he’s looking for more. 

8 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

You ever ask a girl out on a date and then realized that it wasn't going to work out during the date?

TheDude likes this

10 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

It happens a lot more than you'd think. Guys participate in an open gym and everyone realizes "Ah he's actually not good/good fit/good attitude/whatever." Or guys come in and theres some sort of demand made for playing time, a new John Deere tractor, or a specific position that the staff doesn't line up with. Or guys come in and they themselves realize "I'm not good enough to get playing time here" and drop their interest. 

11 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

It happens a lot more than you'd think. Guys participate in an open gym and everyone realizes "Ah he's actually not good/good fit/good attitude/whatever." Or guys come in and theres some sort of demand made for playing time, a new John Deere tractor, or a specific position that the staff doesn't line up with. Or guys come in and they themselves realize "I'm not good enough to get playing time here" and drop their interest. 

Ricky Roe for the win.