2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Kelsey to Louisville. Actually think he's really good

Yeah I really liked what he's done.

But I like this as I'm not sure what SLU's back up plan would be.

Plus that 5 out offense got me hot.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 4 million buy out for a coach who never worked here is very smart on SLU part.  At this point, we still have options but late next week maybe not so much.  To fair to Schertz, he has never said that he wants out of the SLU MoU.  I know some people are excited for Schertz and ISU to win the NIT but it really is not in our best interest but of course we posters have no control of this matter.  I still think getting this over sooner rather than later is best for SLU. 

5 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

A 4 million buy out for a coach who never worked here is very smart on SLU part.  At this point, we still have options but late next week maybe not so much.  To fair to Schertz, has never said that he wants out of the SLU MoU.  I know some people are excited for Schertz and ISU to win the NIT but it really is not in our best interest but of course we posters have no control of this matter.  I still think getting this over sooner rather than later is best for SLU. 

Credit where credit is due. Hats off to them if this report is true.  You guys may have noticed that I've been critical but this was a good move.

CofC fans are gonna be devastated. From what I’ve heard UL will have to pay Kelsey’s buyout somewhere between $2.5 to $4.0 mm. This is a semi splash hire if true Kelsey turned down USC last year. He’s been a hot up and comer for a few years now. 

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Best high school recruit in Canada, or everywhere?   His offer list according to 247 is definitely pretty impressive.  Surprised his rankings aren’t higher, although I know those can be a crapshoot for international guys. 

He has had some injury issues. Last month he shut it down for the season.

59 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Kelsey to Louisville. Actually think he's really good

This was the word yesterday morning.  I really think all the Schertz and Pitino stuff yesterday was just a game by their agent to attempt to get those two a pay bump.  

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This was the word yesterday morning.  I really think all the Schertz and Pitino stuff yesterday was just a game by their agent to attempt to get those two a pay bump.  

What? An agent putting out made up information to boost a client’s value? Shocking….

If/When this deal is finalized, Chaifetz and other involved donors and May need to get a lot of credit.  There are a whole lot of ways this search could have gone south, but they made it happen with their top choice despite a late challenge by a big time program.

Also, If/when Schertz signs the deal, I think he has to start out extra popular here given that he may have passed on a chance to become the next coach at Louisville to become our coach.  It's one thing to beat out a big time program for a recruit.  It's another when you beat them out for a coach you both want.

I just wasted a few minutes perusing a UofL board - basically they hated Mack, don't like Kelsey, don't like Schertz because he's never won a NCAA Tourney game - no one is worthy of the Louisville job. #delusional

I questioned Schertz as our choice for coach about a month ago for not having any big wins on his resume at Indiana State.  It wasn't a criticism, just and observation that he had not beaten anyone of note other than Drake, who ISU also lost to twice this year.  Just want to point out that in the NIT, Schertz has beaten the #65 NET team (SMU), the #89 NET team (Minnesota), and the #37 NET team (Cincinnati).  Only Cincinnati could be considered really quality win, but I am still much more excited about the possibility, or hopefully likelihood, of him being our next coach.

CenHudDude likes this

3 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I questioned Schertz as our choice for coach about a month ago for not having any big wins on his resume at Indiana State.  It wasn't a criticism, just and observation that he had not beaten anyone of note other than Drake, who ISU also lost to twice this year.  Just want to point out that in the NIT, Schertz has beaten the #65 NET team (SMU), the #89 NET team (Minnesota), and the #37 NET team (Cincinnati).  Only Cincinnati could be considered really quality win, but I am still much more excited about the possibility, or hopefully likelihood, of him being our next coach.

He’s not our coach yet and he’s beat the same number of top 25 teams at SLU as TF has.  So there’s that.  

gobillsgo likes this

7 minutes ago, Slowry said:

He’s not our coach yet and he’s beat the same number of top 25 teams at SLU as TF has.  So there’s that.  

If you’d have told me when he was hired that Travis Ford would coach at SLU for eight seasons and NEVER beat a ranked team, I’d have assumed we got relegated to D2.  Wonder if any other A10 programs went winless against ranked opponents in that time frame.  

8 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

If you’d have told me when he was hired that Travis Ford would coach at SLU for eight seasons and NEVER beat a ranked team, I’d have assumed we got relegated to D2.  Wonder if any other A10 programs went winless against ranked opponents in that time frame.  

I would guess quite a few of them did.