Mass Exiting?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@HoosierPal:  My bigs are van Bussel and Zhang.  Following in the footsteps of DJ Foreman, Rashed Anthony, Jimmy Bell Jr., Madani Diarra, Andre Lorentsson, Lassina Traore, and Mouhamadou Cisse.  Who are these unnamed bigs you mention?  Big #1 looks like Ezewiro.  Not hard to improve when your played in a limited role with that kind of talent at LSU and Georgetown.  Big #2 appears to be Okoro.  A guy who was never really a part of Oregon's guard-laden offense.  Two aberrations in a historical string that stretches over 5+ years with multiple candidates for failure. 

The last big that might have progressed positively here was Ian Vouyoukous.  Maybe Rob Loe as well. Brian Conklin was NOT a big.  

Lorentsson as a big and Conklin not is.... interesting

Conklin was a 6'6" power forward pressed into playing center his senior year.  Lorentson is listed as a big in the Verbal Commits roster.  That's my rationale.

Ezewiro I won't argue on.  Okoro went downhill by all estimations from his junior to senior year.  

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

@HoosierPal:  My bigs are van Bussel and Zhang.  Following in the footsteps of DJ Foreman, Rashed Anthony, Jimmy Bell Jr., Madani Diarra, Andre Lorentsson, Lassina Traore, and Mouhamadou Cisse.  Who are these unnamed bigs you mention?  Big #1 looks like Ezewiro.  Not hard to improve when your played in a limited role with that kind of talent at LSU and Georgetown.  Big #2 appears to be Okoro.  A guy who was never really a part of Oregon's guard-laden offense.  Two aberrations in a historical string that stretches over 5+ years with multiple candidates for failure. 

The last big that might have progressed positively here was Ian Vouyoukous.  Maybe Rob Loe as well. Brian Conklin was NOT a big.  

imo loe took three years to get there, but that senior year he was really good.   vouyoukous also was a project but his last two years i thought he was good.  

okoro was a senior disappointment.   i thought that junior year was good, he defintely went backwards that last year.  

ezewiro never getting into shape was a disappointment this year.   my gosh if i was sitting to get eligible with his potenial and size, i would have been working out like crazy.   what else did he have to do?   to finally be able to play and it seemed he couldnt play 5 minutes without a break was so so disappointing.   when he was fresh he was a player tho.  

-we are Saint Louis University, in the A10, we are not UK, KU or others, my expectation is that every big that comes onto our campus as a frosh will need significant time to become a significant, positive contributor hopefully for their last two seasons

StLouBlue and dlarry like this

5 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-we are Saint Louis University, in the A10, we are not UK, KU or others, my expectation is that every big that comes onto our campus as a frosh will need significant time to become a significant, positive contributor hopefully for their last two seasons

No big coming here now will be acceptable if they can't shoot the 3 and pass.  None of our current bigs can do that.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I am glad you agree with me that those two showed improvement at SLU over previous programs.  Thanks. 

@Cowboy II:You are mixing up two separate facts.  The first is that no matter who comes here as a big, developmental time will be necessary no matter.  If you are good enough to play as a freshman (see Kalkbrenner, White, Woods, etc.) you are going elsewhere not little Saint Louis University.  The second fact is that Ford developed very little in ways of big men ..... if Okoro is the answer as Hoozer says, he regressed his fourth year.  DJ Foreman got no better either from CTF Year One to CTF Year Two.  He went from 6.9 ppg and 3.4 rpg to 6.1 ppg and 4.3 rpg; down a point, up a rebound.  You really want the big man shame, look no further than Hasahn French.  French's freshmen numbers were 9.3 ppg and 7.1 rpg as a freshman to 9.2 ppg and 7.4 rpg as a senior.  Can you imagine French with even a five foot jump shot?  

@HoosierPal:  if you think eight years and two marginally acceptable post players are good enough to give a coach a passing grade, good for you.

TheA_Bomb, Zink and gobillsgo like this

On 3/20/2024 at 7:35 PM, slu72 said:

Yeah, Perk, was special. Never the same after the knee blow out. Feel bad for him. Parker was no Perkins. 

And against Rockhurst in an exhibition game. Like Kobe going out against the Washington Generals or Athletes in Action. Completely unnecessary. I don’t know why Ford wasn’t nailed to a tree by this board when that happened. 

1 hour ago, thatskablamo said:

And against Rockhurst in an exhibition game. Like Kobe going out against the Washington Generals or Athletes in Action. Completely unnecessary. I don’t know why Ford wasn’t nailed to a tree by this board when that happened. 

BS. He could have been hurt at any time. People can get hurt at practice  

20 minutes ago, willie said:

BS. He could have been hurt at any time. People can get hurt at practice  

That’s fine. I can accept a practice injury. I cannot accept an injury against a D-II opponent when those games are for getting your bench and your non-scholies a chance to see the floor. Not your game-changing season-changing scoring machine. Ford’s mismanagement of Perkins should have been met with more ire. 

1 minute ago, thatskablamo said:

That’s fine. I can accept a practice injury. I cannot accept an injury against a D-II opponent when those games are for getting your bench and your non-scholies a chance to see the floor. Not your game-changing season-changing scoring machine. Ford’s mismanagement of Perkins should have been met with more ire. 

Come on - there are a lot of things Ford can be blamed for - blowing up a Top 25 season by hosting a super spreader birthday party for his son tops the list. Playing Perkins in an exhibition game? Get real. Every coach in America then should be blamed for playing a starter in an exhibition game. 

CenHudDude likes this

2 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

You come off like a damn clown with that claim. You should shut up before you embarrass yourself further.

AGB91 likes this

7 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

'cause sh1t happens. if we didn't play any starters this wouldn't of happened but then. why have the game, unless it was only to play the end of the bench. most unlucky thing to happen in my 1/2 + century of fandom imo

5 hours ago, White Pelican said:

You come off like a damn clown with that claim. You should shut up before you embarrass yourself further.

He's a troll - has been for along time. With the impending good news of Schertz - it's VERY easy to spot who the trolls are.