Mass Exiting?

2 hours ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Parker is more Malik Yarbrough than Larry Hughes. 

Yarbrough never scored like Hughes or Parker.   And he shot at a 50% rate.   I agree Parker isn't Hughes at this time.   That's why I said "SINCE" Larry Hughes.   

But he's a scorer.  

2010andBeyond likes this

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, thunderdan said:

I’ll admit that I have absolutely zero consistency in my opinion of Sincere.

At the start of the year, I was pumped to see his scoring ability unleashed. But, he is such a selfish player, that I wasn’t too upset when he got hurt (the first time).

THEN, when I saw how anemic our offense was without him, I badly wanted him to get healthy. He came back, and we still sucked. 🤷‍♂️ 

I thought a dynamic scorer would take defensive pressure away from Jimerson, but Parker isn’t that kind of player. He’s tough to stop, but doesn’t open up opportunities for his teammates in the process. 

I dont label a 50% shooter selfish.   Especially on this past season's team.  He passed the odds are that guy was gonna miss.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

There's a thick line between playing on a winning team and a losing team. I'm not an elite athlete but it's gotta be easier to get 30% of the minutes at PG when you're winning than it is to play 70% on a losing team. 

I disagree.   These young men all want to play.   They can put on the happy face but if they aren't pissed they're not playing more I don't want them on the team.   Now hopefully that motivates them to improve.   If not, catch the next bus outta town.   Cya

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Yarbrough never scored like Hughes or Parker.   And he shot at a 50% rate.   I agree Parker isn't Hughes at this time.   That's why I said "SINCE" Larry Hughes.   

But he's a scorer.  

I almost agree with you.  I think the St. Joseph game where Perkins went Mano a Mano with an unstoppable Ryan Daly tops any of Sincere’s fab performances..

1 hour ago, Gremio14 said:

I almost agree with you.  I think the St. Joseph game where Perkins went Mano a Mano with an unstoppable Ryan Daly tops any of Sincere’s fab performances..

Before Perkins injury we had a trusted go to finisher; after the injury we floundered until CTF was ousted

19 hours ago, Gremio14 said:

I think sometimes a few people on this board forget just how damn good Perkins was pre-injury.

Here is his performance in a victory against LSU featuring a couple of NBA players and the amazing Will Wade. An entertaining victory - too bad there were no fans to see it.

4 hours ago, ACE said:

I think sometimes a few people on this board forget just how damn good Perkins was pre-injury.

Here is his performance in a victory against LSU featuring a couple of NBA players and the amazing Will Wade. An entertaining victory - too bad there were no fans to see it.

Hombre was smooth.  Made it look so easy.  What might have been…..

Just now, SluSignGuy said:

Does Jimerson entering the portal deserve its own thread?

Nah. The first of many and good chance he comes back anyway.

21 hours ago, ACE said:

God that team had it all. We miss Jimmy Bell. 

1 hour ago, AGB91 said:

After watching Virginia the other night. Gibson would be a perfect addition.

After that performance, we'd all be perfect additions.

It is buried elsewhere in another thread or two, but this deserves it's own thread.  It doesn't need be said, but I will anyway, he could return to the Billiken Roster.

Jimerson leads the Billikens in Career Bests in Three's Made and Three's Attempted.  The numbers are already higher than any four year player will ever achieve.  He is 4th in Career Minutes and 8th in Career Games Played.  I believe he has only one Class Record, Sophomore Three's Made. Should he return, he would end up as the All Time Billiken Scorer, and add the Career Games Played category to his list.

First observation is that Jimerson appears to want to continue playing college basketball.  Good for him.  There is no reason for him NOT to jump into the portal. 

Second, does anyone know the grade level of his Girlfriend?  I know nothing about their relationship, but from his quotes to Stu it appears to be significant.

Third, just random thoughts, I wonder if he and Dr. Chaifetz have had a conversation?  Dr. C supported him last summer with an internship.  My guess is that he made more than minimum wage.  If the new coach and Jimerson have an amicable discussion about his roll on the team next season, would money be a factor in his return?  If it is, would Dr. C and the powers that be finance a return? 

Wherever he ends up, thanks for what you have given us so far Mr. Jimerson.  Good luck on your decision.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

It is buried elsewhere in another thread or two, but this deserves it's own thread.  It doesn't need be said, but I will anyway, he could return to the Billiken Roster.

Jimerson leads the Billikens in Career Bests in Three's Made and Three's Attempted.  The numbers are already higher than any four year player will ever achieve.  He is 4th in Career Minutes and 8th in Career Games Played.  I believe he has only one Class Record, Sophomore Three's Made. Should he return, he would end up as the All Time Billiken Scorer, and add the Career Games Played category to his list.

First observation is that Jimerson appears to want to continue playing college basketball.  Good for him.  There is no reason for him NOT to jump into the portal. 

Second, does anyone know the grade level of his Girlfriend?  I know nothing about their relationship, but from his quotes to Stu it appears to be significant.

Third, just random thoughts, I wonder if he and Dr. Chaifetz have had a conversation?  Dr. C supported him last summer with an internship.  My guess is that he made more than minimum wage.  If the new coach and Jimerson have an amicable discussion about his roll on the team next season, would money be a factor in his return?  If it is, would Dr. C and the powers that be finance a return? 

Wherever he ends up, thanks for what you have given us so far Mr. Jimerson.  Good luck on your decision.

My thread was first. MODs please delete this thread immediately 😄

Medley supposedly is getting feelers from other A10 schools. My guess are the two Philly schools. His parents are really nice folks who supported his decision to play for Ford. He comes as no surprise. He likely wants his parents, family, and friends to see him play more and Camden is a suburb of Philly. Not sure what his NIL value is at this point, but would guess not real high. Gibby on the other hand could hit the jackpot at a P6 school. I wonder if Pitino is talking to Travis about him? Ricky lives for the 3. 

Our Town's Connor Turnbull transferring from Butler.  He was hurt most of this year. He could qualify for a red shirt season, giving him three years eligibility.

He showed offensive promise, but had difficulty defending in the Big East. In a very limited sample size, he hit 45% from the arc (14 of 31). 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/butler/2024/03/26/butler-bulldogs-basketball-sophomore-connor-turnbull-enters-transfer-portal-roster/73111671007/

Coach314 likes this