End of a (mediocre) era. Travis Ford is out.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Let's bring back the Majerus-era marketing.

i didnt know there was a rickma marketing scheme.   can you explain what that consisted of?

8 hours ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

My post was obviously sarcasm...wow... 

I went to med school too buddy... look at my user name 

How patronizing...

The way I see it is this. If you want to be cute or sarcastic just be it. If you want to write as an MD, write as an MD. You have the choice, but if you want to be taken as an MD write as an MD. 

47 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Winning? 

Correct.

Team Blue was always a forced gimmick but at least it kind of had some meaning back in the Goodwin/French era. The past few years it's become more of a joke than anything with even some inside the program admitting (behind closed doors) that it's annoying. 

Just win. 

billiken_roy likes this

My main reasons for wanting to move on is the blowout opening round losses in the 1 NCAA and both NITs.

It became unreasonable to hope for a deep run under Ford.

It's time to see what the next guy can do.

Also what a disaster for Chris May once again. There was still time on the clock when it was tweeted he was fired. It's like he thought that waiting would give him more control or let it be done quietly. 

It was brought up on Spaces last night that "Team Blue" has to go.

9 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Also what a disaster for Chris May once again. There was still time on the clock when it was tweeted he was fired. It's like he thought that waiting would give him more control or let it be done quietly. 

Based on how this went down - Kilcoyne's tweet right before the buzzer, Ford not wanting to discuss it in any detail, SLU not making it official until an hour and a half after the game - it looks like they wanted to get everyone back to St. Louis and then take control of the announcement and media interactions.

Vintage Chris May. 'Let's keep a lid on this as long as possible and control the narrative' has backfired more than once now.

JMM28 likes this

18 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Correct.

Team Blue was always a forced gimmick but at least it kind of had some meaning back in the Goodwin/French era. The past few years it's become more of a joke than anything with even some inside the program admitting (behind closed doors) that it's annoying. 

Just win. 

No offense if we’re focusing on the end of marketing gimmicks.  We’re deeper in a black hole as fans than we tnought

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Vintage Chris May. 'Let's keep a lid on this as long as possible and control the narrative' has backfired more than once now.

I've said it before, the CIA method of denying as long as possible seems to blow up more than do any good.  Once a decision has been made, what's the point?  Staying all secret isnt going to make anything better.   Rip the f'n bandaid off and move on.   I'd much rather discuss the future than continue to play the narrative we played here the last few MONTHS.  Honestly that was toxic and sure did nothing to help the Billiken Fandom's well being.   It only made things worse.  

TRN, Soderball and Pistol like this

5 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Lol, good to see other fanbases are as delusional and rabid as we can be sometimes.

Bizziken and JettFlight5 like this

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

I've said it before, the CIA method of denying as long as possible seems to blow up more than do any good.  Once a decision has been made, what's the point?  Staying all secret isnt going to make anything better.   Rip the f'n bandaid off and move on.   I'd much rather discuss the future than continue to play the narrative we played here the last few MONTHS.  Honestly that was toxic and sure did nothing to help the Billiken Fandom's well being.   It only made things worse.  

I'm out of likes, but I agree with you, Roy. This is why the May admin doesn't work. They do the secrecy dance over and over again and it does nothing but piss off and frustrate fans.

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

How to say 'of course' in Russian - Quora

1 minute ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I'm out of likes, but I agree with you, Roy. This is why the May admin doesn't work. They do the secrecy dance over and over again and it does nothing but piss off and frustrate fans.

If he makes a great hire and the basketball team turns it around.  No one will remember or care about this. 

Ford has known for 3 weeks so there obviously was a reason to let him play it out, and they haven’t lost any momentum for a new hire.

1 minute ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Lol, good to see other fanbases are as delusional and rabid as we can be sometimes.

Just now, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

hate to tell you but that isnt just Chris May.   go up the ladder and they all buy into their little inside secrets.    and it's my experience after 40 years in an industry, corporate america is the same way.   i guess i never got up the ladder far enough for someone to explain why it is so important not to tell anyone that this year at the christmas party they are going to have chicken and pasta instead of prime rib.   secrets.  i retired at year end and after only 2+ months my life is so much better.   now if we can just fix the SLU atmosphere.   my life would be great.

2 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

If he makes a great hire and the basketball team turns it around.  No one will remember or care about this. 

Ford has known for 3 weeks so there obviously was a reason to let him play it out, and they haven’t lost any momentum for a new hire.

and how many more wins did keeping this secret gain the billikens?   how many more fans quit complaining holding that in?   didnt help one bit.  they could have let the world know he was leaving at season end and no one would have cared and just maybe the fanbase would have been a lot more relaxed.   

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

hate to tell you but that isnt just Chris May.   go up the ladder and they all buy into their little inside secrets.    and it's my experience after 40 years in an industry, corporate america is the same way.   i guess i never got up the ladder far enough for someone to explain why it is so important not to tell anyone that this year at the christmas party they are going to have chicken and pasta instead of prime rib.   secrets.  i retired at year end and after only 2+ months my life is so much better.   now if we can just fix the SLU atmosphere.   my life would be great.

Oh true, but I'm just focusing my energy on Chris May for right now before I tackle corporate America and all of its BS.