Coaching Carousel 2024

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

That's a tough one Miami was just in the Final Four but Louisville is a basketball school....

May is from Peoria, he's an Indiana graduate but been coaching in FL a while.  He'll listen to both and get paid. IU should've canned Woodson and locked him up.

100%. I guess there is still time for IU to renege. Saw IU recently lost a 5 star recruit who asked to be released from his LOI.

36 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Just hope the people making the decision realize if they are being used for leverage and if they are they quickly move on to the next guy before the next guy comes to some kind of agreement somewhere else.  

I don't care about hiring the biggest name we can get.  We need to hire the right guy to coach this program right now.  The college basketball world is completely different than it was even 2 years ago.

Its largely why I'm not big on keeping Ford through the A10T.  Fire him and hire the next guy asap. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Its largely why I'm not big on keeping Ford through the A10T.  Fire him and hire the next guy asap. 

Yeah same. And too many people on here/Twitter act like it doesn't matter when you fire Ford if your next coach is still coaching. You can come to a verbal agreement with him any time. It happens all the time at proactive schools. Get Ford out of the way and focus solely on the next move. Hell it even lets Ford focus solely on his next move which SLU should encourage considering if he gets another job, that reduces the buyout. 

wgstl likes this

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Yeah same. And too many people on here/Twitter act like it doesn't matter when you fire Ford if your next coach is still coaching. You can come to a verbal agreement with him any time. It happens all the time at proactive schools. Get Ford out of the way and focus solely on the next move. Hell it even lets Ford focus solely on his next move which SLU should encourage considering if he gets another job, that reduces the buyout. 

Does anyone think that it is possible that Ford has already been told and they are just waiting for the “right” time to make the announcement?  Also that a verbal agreement with the new coach has already been made?

Just now, CenHudDude said:

Does anyone think that it is possible that Ford has already been told and they are just waiting for the “right” time to make the announcement?  Also that a verbal agreement with the new coach has already been made?

I definitely think that is possible. I 99% believe Ford already has been told his fate. As far as SLU goes, I'm not sure they're as close to a candidate as they should be. 

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If Moser ends up being the guy, this could drag out for a long time.  His buyout at OU is $6 million until April 1.  It then drops. Not sure how much.

Porter leaving OU could be a deal like Shaka leaving Texas.  They probably wouldn't mind him moving on but don't really want to pay so would let him go without making anyone pay a buyout

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

Porter leaving OU could be a deal like Shaka leaving Texas.  They probably wouldn't mind him moving on but don't really want to pay so would let him go without making anyone pay a buyout

If I'm OU and know someone desperately wants my coach, I'm getting the money.  Barring a first round Big 12 exit they are in the tournament.  No need to force the change now before you get you're new AD unless someone is willing to pay for Moser's replacement.

25 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I definitely think that is possible. I 99% believe Ford already has been told his fate. As far as SLU goes, I'm not sure they're as close to a candidate as they should be. 

Based on Ford's body language Saturday, I agree. He sat for half of the game, seemingly passing coaching duties onto Harry who was up and yelling (coaching) the players on numerous occasions. Those that have watched Ford on the sidelines more closely than I the past 8 years would know better, but I've never seen that happen before Saturday's game. I also think he fully expected to lose that game and his job on Saturday. 

But as of 11:30am central standard time he is still our coach 

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If I'm OU and know someone desperately wants my coach, I'm getting the money.  Barring a first round Big 12 blowout exit they are in the tournament.  No need to force the change now before you get you're new AD unless someone is willing to pay for Moser's replacement.

Just now, CenHudDude said:

All I know for sure is that waiting for this announcement has made this a totally unproductive Monday for Billikens fans.  I have to move on now and get some things done.

Seriously, what’s the benefit of delaying this?  

23 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

-so this what others are doing, I hope we are

Just now, TheOne said:

Retweet X2. Trust the process and the end objective, and try to focus less on Twitter-driven rumors specifically regarding announcement timelines. The whole saga will end in a result that most will be satisfied with.

Aww sh*t, TheOne has spoken.

56 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'm largely against keeping him through the A10T because I'm the most impatient person in the world. I have a mini stroke every morning because it takes my kids 7 hours to get into the car and buckled.  

4 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Most could mean 51% to 99% lol

I think he/she meant this: 

14 minutes ago, TheOne said:

The whole saga will end in a result that Maria Reynolds will not be satisfied with.

laker119 and Box and Won like this

13 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Retweet X2. Trust the process and the end objective, and try to focus less on Twitter-driven rumors specifically regarding announcement timelines. The whole saga will end in a result that most will be satisfied with.

I hear ya. The Internet has no patience. Happy this is happening.  Any of the coaches mentioned can work.

To really make everything click need a new AD.  Think about what you know from the inside. How could it go smoother if someone dynamic were there to influence all the key players, provide correct market salary information, provide inside information on competitors for the coach, get the collective ready?  Could be better. That's needed these days.