Coaching Carousel 2024

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, TRN said:

Many coaches have put out the “I’m staying” statement before leaving, including Porter at Loyola.  We’ll know soon enough whether he’s staying in Norman.

Most recently former Mizzou defensive coordinator Blake Baker.  

On 3/11/2024 at 11:17 PM, billiken class of 15 said:

Any word on Pat Kelsey? He was a big name last year but haven't heard a thing about him at all this year. Charleston isn't as good this year as they were last year but he's still a heck of a coach. Not necessarily for us, but surely someone could be interested, right?

CofC just won the CAA and is dancing 2nd year in a row. Quite a job by Kelsey as he lost his 3 top scorers from last year. I wish we could get him but he’s likely P6 bound. Whoever gets him will have to deal pay CofC around $6mn if he goes. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

• 2 weeks later...

West Virginia Billiken , I'll let you give the news

Gave you some time WV

West Virginia has hired Darian DeVries... 

Compton likes this

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The longer we wait the smaller the pool of available good coaches.

Old Guy, I'm not sure why you keep posting stuff like this. Every available piece of information (both public reporting and private discussion) is that Schertz has agreed in principle and it will be announced as soon as his team is done playing. Just relax for a few days. Good things are coming.

Edited by Bilzz

12 hours ago, Bilzz said:

Old Guy, I'm not sure why you keep posting stuff like this. Every available piece of information (both public reporting and private discussion) is that Schertz has agreed in principle and it will be announced as soon as his team is done playing. Just relax for a few days. Good things are coming.

Obviously, you are not paying attention to the fast-changing landscape.  Until it is in writing and signed it at over and we are hardly at a place where it is over.  Schertz is not going to turn down a P5 job offer he likes just to come here.  I am not against hiring Schertz but I fear we are chasing a guy who has other better options.

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

Blizz, you are new here. I will wait just like you will and see what happens, just like you will.

Again, the master of the obvious. What else can we do but wait? 

12 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Ed Cooley steps down at Georgetown??.   

Uh oh, did you get Simon Charles'd? Simon's X bio: Esteemed sports journalist & Patriots Beat Writer Double PHD in Journalism & Female Anatomy

19 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Uh oh, did you get Simon Charles'd? Simon's X bio: Esteemed sports journalist & Patriots Beat Writer Double PHD in Journalism & Female Anatomy

Oops.  Twitter is the worst.   

1 hour ago, billikens747 said:

Kelsey got 5yr/2.3mil from Louisville 

Think about that....2024 dollars in the ACC at a basketball school not 2016 A10 Dollars.

So if you're falling over yourself pre congratulating May, remember we wouldn't be in this position if not for the collosal mistakes he made.

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Think about that....2024 dollars in the ACC at a basketball school not 2016 A10 Dollars.

So if you're falling over yourself pre congratulating May, remember we wouldn't be in this position if not for the collosal mistakes he made.

We’re in a great position right now. And as bad as the contract/buyout was, it hasn’t affected SLU basketball one bit. It’s been a non-factor. We have plenty of money for Schertz and we wouldn’t have gotten him if he didn’t get NIL assurances. If a few of his players sign then this will be an absolute home run hire for May. 

1 hour ago, billikens747 said:

Kelsey got 5yr/2.3mil from Louisville 

This slots him in as the 59th highest paid college basketball coach. Seems REALLY low for a blue blood-adjacent program. 

34 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

This slots him in as the 59th highest paid college basketball coach. Seems REALLY low for a blue blood-adjacent program. 

It gives them room to go up.  If it doesn't work he can go in 3 years.  If it does he's extended with a pay raise.  This is how a rational program works.