Latest Ford Rumor

Heard from a well known athletics donor that Ford is begging for one more year to get this thing turned around. I’m not trying to stir the pot or troll this board, but apparently this is really being considered. This guy I know wants him gone for the record. Ford saying he will turnover his staff, figured NiL stuff out now, this is really just his first bad year and he deserves another shot. In reality, he can’t find another job right now and is desperate. Plus, imo the more he’s been talking in the media, the more and more he totally sounds delusional and out right dumb. How can anyone in charge fall for more of it? Then again, the same people he’s begging to for one more year are the ones who gave him this contract. So this could be very true. Look at where SLU is now, how Ok State ended….how can this even be under consideration?!?!?!

IF Travis Ford stays it will be the end of SLU. We will be in the SLIAC with Webster and Fontbonne within 5 years. The beyond terrible contract, the over promising/under performing seasons, the constant excuses, terrible in game coaching, his family on social media trolling fans, it’s a total gong show. I’m floored that this is seriously being considered by higher ups. I don’t know how SLU keeps him, but if they do, then place is really cursed and ran by morons top to bottom. Deserve everything that comes with making such a bad decision. Not that it matters but I’ve had season tickets for almost 20 years and will not renew. I’m seriously out for good and not coming back, can’t do it. 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Heard from a well known athletics donor that Ford is begging for one more year to get this thing turned around. I’m not trying to stir the pot or troll this board, but apparently this is really being considered. This guy, I know wants him gone for the record. Ford saying he will turnover his staff, figured NiL stuff out now, this is really just his first bad year and he deserves another shot. In reality, he can’t find another job right now and is desperate. Plus, imo the more he’s been talking in the medi, the more and more he totally sounds delusional and out right dumb. How can anyone in charge fall for me it? Then again the same people he’s begging are the ones who gave him his contract. So this could be very true. 

IF Travis Ford stays it will be the end of SLU. We will be in the SLIAC with Webster and Fontbonne within 5 years. The beyond terrible contract, the over promising/under performing seasons, the constant excuses, terrible in game coaching, his family on social media trolling fans, it’s a total gong show. I’m floored that this is seriously being considered by higher ups. I don’t know how SLU keeps him, but if they do, then place is really cursed and ran by morons top to bottom. Deserve everything that comes with making such a bad decision. Not that it matters but I’ve had season tickets for almost 20 years and will not renew. I’m seriously out for good and not coming back, can’t do it. 

Nothing you have posted is surprising to read. SLU will be making a mistake to keep him, he has no plan to turn this around. It’s time for him to go.

slu92 likes this

Serious as a heart attack on this one. Straight from a guy who would know. Like how does Ford fire all his assistants except maybe Tate and Harriman and place ALL the blame on them? Then what coach in right mind would want to come work in that environment??? Also, what does Tate even bring to the table? Like what does he do? He never gets any of the blame and he’s our big recruiter? 

At end of the day, money talks. If Chaifetz wants Ford gone, he’s gone. If he wants him to stay, he stays. Literally. All I know is if he stays, Chaifetz is just as dumb as Fred and May…..I don’t believe that right now, but am prepared for it. Only at SLU can something like this even be imaginable. 

37 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Heard from a well known athletics donor that Ford is begging for one more year to get this thing turned around. I’m not trying to stir the pot or troll this board, but apparently this is really being considered. This guy, I know wants him gone for the record. Ford saying he will turnover his staff, figured NiL stuff out now, this is really just his first bad year and he deserves another shot. In reality, he can’t find another job right now and is desperate. Plus, imo the more he’s been talking in the medi, the more and more he totally sounds delusional and out right dumb. How can anyone in charge fall for me it? Then again the same people he’s begging are the ones who gave him his contract. So this could be very true. 

Ford comes off like a b*tch when he gets desperate. 

Sounds like Travis is worried about going the way of Crean, Gregory, Cuonzo, et al. No good prospects. So he’s scrambling for another shot. But what big donors are gonna risk pouring $$’s into an NIL fund to toss him a life line? Last season is haunting him. He had a talented roster that went nowhere. This season has proved we have to move on or move down. 

slu92 likes this

If they go down that path, they are going to lose a lot of season ticket holders. It will be a death knell to the program.  I don’t discount SLU’s ability to royally F things up.  They basically have a lame duck president and an AD staying in the shadows while things deteriorate.

Lando Griffin and The Don like this

Not that I'm anybody but last year I advocated to the AD to hire a consultant (like those on the Bama' football staff, former respected coach) to help SLU see itself.  They needed to assess how they do business, practice, recruit, everything. Nothing happened besides one assistant left.  The time for change was after last year. He failed on the recruiting front and now the team is one of the worst defenses in D1.

A consultant helping to assess and maybe making an impact is cheaper than $10mil.  But as Maria likes to point out, I don't write big checks so they're not listening to me.

Too late now to salvage anything as the fanbase has no confidence. So they won't be able to bring in quality staff without paying a premium. They won't be able to bring in transfers without paying a premium. There's no hope with the current regime.

1 minute ago, TRN said:

If they go down that path, they are going to lose a lot of season ticket holders. It will be a death knell to the program.  I don’t discount SLU’s ability to royally F things up.  They basically have a lame duck president and an AD staying in the shadows while things deteriorate.

It really is the perfect storm for May and Ford to survive this….and historically SLU is this dumb. 

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Not that I'm anybody but last year I advocated to the AD to hire a consultant (like those on the Bama' football staff, former respected coach) to help SLU see itself.  They needed to assess how they do business, practice, recruit, everything. Nothing happened besides one assistant left.  The time for change was after last year. He failed on the recruiting front and now the team is one of the worst defenses in D1.

A consultant helping to assess and maybe making an impact is cheaper than $10mil.  But as Maria likes to point out, I don't write big checks so they're not listening to me.

Too late now to salvage anything as the fanbase has no confidence. So they won't be able to bring in quality staff without paying a premium. They won't be able to bring in transfers without paying a premium. There's no hope with the current regime.

100% dead on!

57 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Heard from a well known athletics donor that Ford is begging for one more year to get this thing turned around. I’m not trying to stir the pot or troll this board, but apparently this is really being considered. This guy I know wants him gone for the record. Ford saying he will turnover his staff, figured NiL stuff out now, this is really just his first bad year and he deserves another shot. In reality, he can’t find another job right now and is desperate. Plus, imo the more he’s been talking in the media, the more and more he totally sounds delusional and out right dumb. How can anyone in charge fall for more of it? Then again, the same people he’s begging to for one more year are the ones who gave him this contract. So this could be very true. Look at where SLU is now, how Ok State ended….how can this even be under consideration?!?!?!

Hey Travis, take a salary of $0.   If you make it to the final four, you are back in for 25-26.  

I mean everyone is going to do everything they can to try to save their job, nobody wants to get fired, nobody wants to fail. Is he "desperate" to save his job? I doubt it. Dude isn't going to be hurting to pay his bills if he gets fired. He is going to get a FAT A$$ pay day, he can sit around cranking it out every day if he wants. Somebody is going to hire Travis Ford and pay him comfortably.

Again, SLU operates as if it's fort knox. All of a sudden they are leaking everything? Color me skeptical of most rumors out of SLU.

Lord Elrond likes this

3 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

I’m not surprised by this rumor, especially as we saw the Stu Durando piece about Ford and Mooney from Richmond.

I thought same thing. Couldn’t be more obvious. That’s how this all got brought up, talking about that exact same article how it came out of no where, but you could tell it was a big fluff piece. Like we can be like Richmond if we stay the course with Ford. So bad. I’m glad Travis finally figured out NIL about a month ago! 

14 minutes ago, slu92 said:

I thought same thing. Couldn’t be more obvious. That’s how this all got brought up, talking about that exact same article how it came out of no where, but you could tell it was a big fluff piece. Like we can be like Richmond if we stay the course with Ford. So bad. I’m glad Travis finally figured out NIL about a month ago! 

With that’d said though, there have been a couple of pieces about how Ford’s tenure have been like his 6 years at Okie State (downward trend) and then another article about the terrible attendance this year. But that one article was awfully fluffy. 

i’m just not sure how they can think giving him another year is going to generate any positive momentum and sell tickets. 

38 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I mean everyone is going to do everything they can to try to save their job, nobody wants to get fired, nobody wants to fail. Is he "desperate" to save his job? I doubt it. Dude isn't going to be hurting to pay his bills if he gets fired. He is going to get a FAT A$$ pay day, he can sit around cranking it out every day if he wants. Somebody is going to hire Travis Ford and pay him comfortably.

Again, SLU operates as if it's fort knox. All of a sudden they are leaking everything? Color me skeptical of most rumors out of SLU.

But this one is so insanely preposterous to justify a leak that if true, would render that ft. knox analogy (which i agree with btw) incorrect. which then makes it....true.

Let's analyze this issue from a financial point of view:

1. He has been getting, as far as it is known, a $2.5 M yearly salary. I have no idea if there are benefits included in his package but would assume there may be. 

2. Head Coach contracts include clauses for residual payments if the contract is ended before its expiration. Given the level of his salary, he will most likely get several million dollars if his contract is ended early. How much, I have no idea.

3. If he has any brains at all, he has had ample opportunity to set aside several million dollars for retirement, etc. He can also live out of the early termination of his contract funds for a significant amount of time.

If you combine the factors above, he should have enough money available from his saved funds and the funds that must contractually be paid to him to live better than the vast majority of the members of this board for the rest of his life. After all, he is likely to receive several million dollars for early termination of his contract. 

I see no reason he should be desperate. After all, receiving millions of dollars without the need to work is something very few people ever get. 

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Pomeroy rankings last three years:

2022: ranked 68 overall, 81 defense

2023: ranked 96 overall, 153 defense

2024: ranked 214 overall, 345 defense

Just curious, what are the offensive ratings.  Have they nose dived also?  We are 2nd in offense in the A10 conference games, between St. Joe and Rhodey.  Just looking for a full picture.  Thanks.