Note: Billiken Coaches Show Debut 1/8/24

4 minutes ago, basebill123 said:

Important to highlight that he only admitted to the stone cold one being his son which makes more sense in this situation. 

Wait, he only acknowledged a specific account and actually said which one? This is too funny! I apologize, StoneCold69 is in fact my son and he behaved inappropriately and is aware that behavior is unacceptable, this is great! Wednesday evening just got a heck of a lot more interesting. Obviously the other account is tied to his son as well whether it is actually him or one of his friends doesn’t overly matter. And I was dreading the rest of the season!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my wife listen to the interview to see what see thought as a non-sports fan about his communication.   She said he sounded honest and sincere but didn’t seem to exhibit any confidence that things will get better.    She was astounded at the son/twitter controversy but said he addressed it properly.    She kept asking what critics said about him or his family personally.    Not sure if not being able to defend a 3point shot to save your life is a personal attack.  

2 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

I had my wife listen to the interview to see what see thought as a non-sports fan about his communication.   She said he sounded honest and sincere but didn’t seem to exhibit any confidence that things will get better.    She was astounded at the son/twitter controversy but said he addressed it properly.    She kept asking what critics said about him or his family personally.    Not sure if not being able to defend a 3point shot to save your life is a personal attack.  

Yeah my wife would have fallen for the sincerity bit also.  The house could be on fire and she would say well at least the basement is OK - just kidding.

OkieBilliken likes this

I have no doubt Travis Ford knows basketball. I also have no doubt that he is a mediocre coach. He's sincere in his statements. That's part of the problem he's just clueless as how to fix the issues. 

He handled the kid on X stuff well. Except for saying something about personal attacks. I've witnessed none from SLU fans perhaps he's just speaking in general.

Rammer just feeds into the excuse machine but what do you expect from the employees.

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I don't think Sean McDonald is related to Ford but I do think it's someone with some sort of connection.

I actually feel bad for Shane

Eh I don't. It's hilarious. Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson. SLU fans are nothing compared to many other places they would've ate him alive at an SEC, B10, B12 school.

7 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I don't think Sean McDonald is related to Ford but I do think it's someone with some sort of connection.

I actually feel bad for Shane

Right, it may not be his kid but it’s someone close to the family/kid in some manner.  Very specific on certain items and excuses in Twitter replies.

5 minutes ago, TRN said:

Right, it may not be his kid but it’s someone close to the family/kid in some manner.  Very specific on certain items and excuses in Twitter replies.

He did say people back home try to defend him online. So likely yeah.

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The more I re read the interview the less I like it.

His kid attacked no one who personally attacked Ford.

Their father may be in the public eye but Ford could give them a "better life" and go coach HS ball.  He made a choice to have a high profile career and all the perks with it.

Then he calls out fans to come talk to him at Humps.  If I go up there how long into trying to discuss all the holes in our defense before Ford kicks me out of his bar.

Do we know how old CTF’s son is? I’ve seen people say  18, 19, and 25.  When the “he’s just a kid” thing gets thrown around, I just assumed he was 14.

7 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Then he calls out fans to come talk to him at Humps.  If I go up there how long into trying to discuss all the holes in our defense before Ford kicks me out of his bar.

Yeah, I don’t like the tough guy act. I haven’t seen anyone say anything that comes close to crossing any line beyond his son and his friend attacking folks on Twitter. But, I suppose I’d be willing to meet him and say it to his face if that is what he wants. I don’t have anything else to do next Monday evening. His behavior on the sideline is always quite poised, I’m sure he will be very receptive to criticism from a fan, but I guess let’s find out.

21 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

He did say people back home try to defend him online. So likely yeah.

It makes sense from a PR stand point to take the blame for stone cold and deny any connection to Sean.  That way you can claim no connection to the worst posts made.  Despite the credit I gave Ford earlier about admitting it, I’m not buying this.  They were the only two accounts that were following the other when this all started today.  We all are getting worked here.

TRN, TheA_Bomb, Bizziken and 4 others like this

7 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

Do we know how old CTF’s son is? I’ve seen people say  18, 19, and 25.  When the “he’s just a kid” thing gets thrown around, I just assumed he was 14.

I think he is out of high school

6 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

He’s got 2 sons, the older one is who he had the 21st birthday party for back in 2021.  The younger one graduated high school in 2022.  Definitely not a 14 yo that is a social media novice.

5 minutes ago, TRN said:

He’s got 2 sons, the older one is who he had the 21st birthday party for back in 2021.  The younger one graduated high school in 2022.  Definitely not a 14 yo that is a social media novice.

I remember seeing one of his kids on the San Jose NCAA trip in 2019 and he looked about 12 or 13 then, safe to say he's the younger one and probably like 17ish now.

17 minutes ago, thetorch said:

The more I re read the interview the less I like it.

His kid attacked no one who personally attacked Ford.

Their father may be in the public eye but Ford could give them a "better life" and go coach HS ball.  He made a choice to have a high profile career and all the perks with it.

Gotta agree with you on the tough guy BS. Come to Humphrey's and say it to me. No one has said anything personal that I know of.  I guess saying the guy can't coach is personal. Yeah you'd be tossed quick.

I'm liking the kid going on Twitter it has only hi-lighted the sh!t show. So thanks Kid.

5 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I remember seeing one of his kids on the San Jose NCAA trip in 2019 and he looked about 12 or 13 then, safe to say he's the younger one and probably like 17ish now.

He graduated from high school in 2022.