GDT: SLU v. NC State

SluSignGuy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/20/2023 at 6:55 PM, slu72 said:

I am hoping (praying) Ezwiro is the real deal, TJ has found his Jordair Jett groove, and Gibby shoots lights out. And Travis doesn’t eff it all up. If all that happens we have a shot. 

Halfway through the replay. Eziwero is the real deal, TJ is doing many good things but a Jordair clone, no, Gibby continues his streak shooting, and he’ll have to start a new one because his most recent streak ended last night.

Can’t blame Travis for State having bigger, stronger guards who defend like crazy. Our guards are way too small to compete against State’s grown men guards. 

Dalger had an excellent first half. Love the way he took those straight line drives as if he was a man on a mission. Onto the second half meltdown.

6 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Halfway through the replay. Eziwero is the real deal, TJ is doing many good things but a Jordair clone, no, Gibby continues his streak shooting, and he’ll have to start a new one because his most recent streak ended last night.

Can’t blame Travis for State having bigger, stronger guards who defend like crazy. Our guards are way too small to compete against State’s grown men guards. 

Dalger had an excellent first half. Love the way he took those straight line drives as if he was a man on a mission. Onto the second half meltdown.

How do we think Brad compares to French and Okoro? To be honest I wasn't expecting much but I think I'm giving him the nod over okoro already. And I don't think it would take much for him to slide ahead of Hasahn for me. 

8 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

How do we think Brad compares to French and Okoro? To be honest I wasn't expecting much but I think I'm giving him the nod over okoro already. And I don't think it would take much for him to slide ahead of Hasahn for me. 

More basketball skills than both.

13 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

He's better offensively than both.  They were both better rebounders but he's solid there.  French was a dominant defensive player.  Okoro was a good defensive player.  Big Brad's defense is average so far.

GoSluBills and Bizziken like this

The three turnovers starting with the phantom travel on Jimerson broke the game open. Medley’s turnovers which followed were as ill-advised as it gets. 

2 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I was thinking the same thing.  We’ll have to wait for a Brad stinker game to truly evaluate..ha.   

8 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Would Eziwero be stuck here with a new coach next season or do they grant you a waiver for coaching changes? 

To the rules as they currently exist, yes, but no one knows what rules will exist by then.

40 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

To the rules as they currently exist, yes, but no one knows what rules will exist by then.

The judge in that lawsuit is clearly ready to throw all the transfer rules out, so I agree, no one can say what rules, if any, will exist a year from now. It may be that as long as you are academically eligible, transfer as much as you want. Not sure if some judge will throw out requirement to actually be a student at the school you play for, but at this point I wouldn’t rule against it.

17 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

French did so many things at a high level for a big. Yes, his free throw shooting was dreadful and he never developed a mid-range game, but he was outstanding with defense, rebounding and he was an excellent shot blocker at his size. Also, his passing and ballhandling was very under-rated and he could really get out and run on the break. That being said, it's only been two games, but I've been very impressed with Brad so far.

brianstl likes this

On 12/21/2023 at 7:55 PM, billikenbill said:

The three turnovers starting with the phantom travel on Jimerson broke the game open. Medley’s turnovers which followed were as ill-advised as it gets. 

Expanding on the 2nd half turnover spree, from the score 48-43 Bills, over the next 19 possessions, the Bills committed 10 turnovers, had 5 FG attempts, and went 7-8 from the line. Addjng insult to injury, State hit 7 threes in that stretch and outscored us 35-11. 😳

6’4 guard Jayden Taylor was the one putting all the ball pressure on Meadows and Medley and that guy defends like his next meal depends on it. Maybe the best 40 mins. of ball pressure I’ve ever seen. He was like a roadblock that completely stymied our guards.

33 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Expanding on the 2nd half turnover spree, from the score 48-43 Bills, over the next 19 possessions, the Bills committed 10 turnovers, had 5 FG attempts, and went 7-8 from the line. Addjng insult to injury, State hit 7 threes in that stretch and outscored us 35-11. 😳

6’4 guard Jayden Taylor was the one putting all the ball pressure on Meadows and Medley and that guy defends like his next meal depends on it. Maybe the best 40 mins. of ball pressure I’ve ever seen. He was like a roadblock that completely stymied our guards.

I think it's a good idea to use the 13th scholarship for a defensive wizard for this reason.  It's hard to prepare for this level of defense without a similar guy on your scout team.

billikenbill likes this

On 12/21/2023 at 6:12 PM, billikenbill said:

Travis is the person to blame.  He’s the one that set this team up.  He’s also the one to blame for guys not setting screens or knowing how to.  I watched 4 yrs of Yuri not knowing how to use a screen.  And years of guys not setting them.   This is one of the worst screen setting teams there is.  Easy to play tough bully defense when you don’t have to worry about that.  

Just incredible levels of mental gymnastics. 6'5 grown man Gibson Jimerson had 4 turnovers. 6'4 Larry Hughes had 2, 6'7 post grad Tim Dalger had 1. Mike Meadows is not "short" at 6'2, he's also a grown a$$ senior. Perhaps we should have tried to hold on to a guy like Phil Russell. He seems to be doing okay as an undersized guard.

Weird how 5'10 Kwamain, 6'0 Mike McCall and 6'1 Jordair Jett(the latter 2 as sophomores) were able to take care of the ball against P5 guards from, checks notes....
Boston College, Villanova, Oklahoma and Washington.

Not to mention one of the most vaunted pressure defenses in the history of college basketball by VCU the next year.

gobillsgo likes this

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Just incredible levels of mental gymnastics. 6'5 grown man Gibson Jimerson had 4 turnovers. 6'4 Larry Hughes had 2, 6'7 post grad Tim Dalger had 1. Mike Meadows is not "short" at 6'2, he's also a grown a$$ senior. Perhaps we should have tried to hold on to a guy like Phil Russell. He seems to be doing okay as an undersized guard.

Weird how 5'10 Kwamain, 6'0 Mike McCall and 6'1 Jordair Jett(the latter 2 as sophomores) were able to take care of the ball against P5 guards from, checks notes....
Boston College, Villanova, Oklahoma and Washington.

Not to mention one of the most vaunted pressure defenses in the history of college basketball by VCU the next year.

LOL 🤡 Did they stop teaching reading comprehension in St. Louis schools? I addressed the NC State guards who played as good of defense as you’ll see.

I don’t give a damn one way or the other if Ford coaches here. What I don’t like is the general run of uninformed gibberish about Ford or SLU basketball of which you seem to be the leader.

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

LOL 🤡 Did they stop teaching reading comprehension in St. Louis schools? I addressed the NC State guards who played as good of defense as you’ll see.

I don’t give a damn one way or the other if Ford coaches here. What I don’t like is the general run of uninformed gibberish about Ford or SLU basketball of which you seem to be the leader.

EL OH EL. I seem to be the leader? I missed where I was the one who wrote an email to everyone in the AD and BoT. I missed where I started an entire thread to complain about Ford. I have my opinions and and I make them known. Interesting you talk about reading comprehension because I spent most of last season posting here that he deserved a chance this season. But yeah just live in your own reality, with this para-social  idea of who I am and what I believe. 

5 hours ago, billikenbill said:

5-10 vs University of Dayton; 2-9 vs Virginia Commonwealth; 0-whatever vs Top 25

Fire Travis Ford.

TheA_Bomb likes this