Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

Why would Moser want to come here? Chris May could’ve hired him over Crews and didn’t. Plus from what I’ve heard over the years May doesn’t like Moser and vice versa. Which makes sense because people that are successful (Moser) don’t like to associate with losers (May). I’d love it otherwise! Porter Moser is a great guy and a great coach. 

BillTheCat and Fraz like this

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pestello. Sly. Conran. O’Laughlin. Phoenix. These are the main players within university power structure who protect and defend Chris May. All of these guys are extremely smart and love the university as much as anyone AND they literally back it up with action. So I have nothing but respect and gratitude for these guys. They are not the type of sports guys that are in the weeds and really know the bigger picture of not just college athletics but athletics in general. They don’t need to be. They only know what Chris May tells them and they believe his stories and buy his false promises, believes excuses and really think they are lucky to have him at SLU. I’ve talked with enough former coaches and staff to know Chris May is one of the biggest frauds in town. His greatest and maybe only true skill is kissing old rich guys’ butts. He’s the Michael Jordan of butt kissers. All that being said they need to put emotions aside and really think what’s in the best interest of this program. It’s not Chris May. They can’t let him hire a third coach and they need to realize he’s only at slu because nobody else wants him. Outside of their SLU bubbles they would be shocked to know STL sports commission guys and MVC guys openly make fun of the guy and his “assistant.” Trust me it’s not because they are jealous of either one! lol….They are a running joke and not taken seriously. If this triggers anyone, I’m sorry, its far past the time someone with power comes to Jesus and fixes this mess or just plan on going off the cliff trusting May all the way to the bottom. 15/16 years, and 2 failed mbb coaching hires is more than enough loyalty this guy deserves. 

7 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Outside of their SLU bubbles they would be shocked to know STL sports commission guys and MVC guys openly make fun of the guy and his “assistant.” Trust me it’s not because they are jealous of either one! lol….They are a running joke and not taken seriously.  

How do I get invited to one of these conversations? They sound like a hoot! Do they charge admission?

Lord Elrond and slu92 like this

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Is DePaul really a Big East team?

Their highest finish was 8th in 06-07. Also the only year they were above .500 in the league.

They have been in the Big East 19 years. They have finished last 11 times, going on 12. 

I know SLU is at the bottom but DePaul has had 15 straight seasons like the one we are having. They are institutionally broken. That Head Coaching job is the last job everyone will have (unless DePaul hires you back later).

They cannot win under any circumstances.

Let me check the standings…yup DePaul is listed under the Big East.  SLU is listed under the A10.  

Another place DePaul is listed is the list of institutions getting payouts from the Big East’s media contracts. And SLU is listed under programming that will be begging KPLR to put them on if BSMW collapses.

1 hour ago, slu92 said:

Why would Moser want to come here? Chris May could’ve hired him over Crews and didn’t. Plus from what I’ve heard over the years May doesn’t like Moser and vice versa. Which makes sense because people that are successful (Moser) don’t like to associate with losers (May). I’d love it otherwise! Porter Moser is a great guy and a great coach. 

This is an awesome sentence

8 hours ago, ARon said:

Let me check the standings…yup DePaul is listed under the Big East.  SLU is listed under the A10.  

Another place DePaul is listed is the list of institutions getting payouts from the Big East’s media contracts. And SLU is listed under programming that will be begging KPLR to put them on if BSMW collapses.

DePaul could be in the B10 and Moser wouldn’t go there. DePaul is where coaches that no one want finish out their careers.

10 hours ago, slu92 said:

Pestello. Sly. Conran. O’Laughlin. Phoenix. These are the main players within university power structure who protect and defend Chris May. All of these guys are extremely smart and love the university as much as anyone AND they literally back it up with action. So I have nothing but respect and gratitude for these guys. They are not the type of sports guys that are in the weeds and really know the bigger picture of not just college athletics but athletics in general. They don’t need to be. They only know what Chris May tells them and they believe his stories and buy his false promises, believes excuses and really think they are lucky to have him at SLU. I’ve talked with enough former coaches and staff to know Chris May is one of the biggest frauds in town. His greatest and maybe only true skill is kissing old rich guys’ butts. He’s the Michael Jordan of butt kissers. All that being said they need to put emotions aside and really think what’s in the best interest of this program. It’s not Chris May. They can’t let him hire a third coach and they need to realize he’s only at slu because nobody else wants him. Outside of their SLU bubbles they would be shocked to know STL sports commission guys and MVC guys openly make fun of the guy and his “assistant.” Trust me it’s not because they are jealous of either one! lol….They are a running joke and not taken seriously. If this triggers anyone, I’m sorry, its far past the time someone with power comes to Jesus and fixes this mess or just plan on going off the cliff trusting May all the way to the bottom. 15/16 years, and 2 failed mbb coaching hires is more than enough loyalty this guy deserves. 

Ok this is something else, since I posted last night I’ve heard from former and current SLU staff/coaches thanking me for posting this. Overall it was pretty much dead on. Now this next part was told to me this morning and others that are on message board are encouraged to look into and confirm as well, but each year all staff/coaches are required, not invited, to go to some sort of a retreat where they are told how thankful they should be to work at slu, how great department is, it sounded like a cult meeting, and at that meeting Chris May acts like a like a life coach/preacher during the whole program. He also invites big donors and Pestello as well…to witness this big dog and pony show. It’s just a forced, fake event for the big wigs. None of the staff likes it or believes anything said. This guy really might be nuts on top of incompetent.
And the work environment in that department sounds like a classic case of a toxic workplace. People are under paid and every mistake is crucified, those are the major factor in all the turnover. Philosophy is hire young, work them until they burn out and quit, replace. May and Oberle are never held accountable or held to standards they hold their staff. This person made point that there are some very good people in that department that do great work regardless. IF and I mean IF there is any hint of a fraction of this being true, again I don’t know, just repeating with permission what I was told, this is all now on Fred and BoT to look into and address. I admit I never liked May mainly because of how bad mbb has been, however there seems to be a much bigger problem in that department. Also in no way I was told Pestello and donors seem to have any clue or idea this is the culture or encourage any of this, they really have no clue. They only know what they are told and allowed to see by May. People are afraid, don’t want to be blackballed, either just put up with it to earn a living, get out and never look back, and cycle just keeps repeating itself. Rinse and repeat. Hopefully someone with everything going on looks into this, I asked permission to post and this is all from a current athletics employee. This dog really seems to hunt unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Ok this is something else, since I posted last night I’ve heard from former and current SLU staff/coaches thanking me for posting this. Overall it was pretty much dead on. Now this next part was told to me this morning and others that are on message board are encouraged to look into and confirm as well, but each year all staff/coaches are required, not invited, to go to some sort of a retreat where they are told how thankful they should be to work at slu, how great department is, it sounded like a cult meeting, and at that meeting Chris May acts like a like a life coach/preacher during the whole program. He also invites big donors and Pestello as well…to witness this big dog and pony show. It’s just a forced, fake event for the big wigs. None of the staff likes it or believes anything said. This guy really might be nuts on top of incompetent.
And the work environment in that department sounds like a classic case of a toxic workplace. People are under paid and every mistake is crucified, those are the major factor in all the turnover. Philosophy is hire young, work them until they burn out and quit, replace. May and Oberle are never held accountable or held to standards they hold their staff. This person made point that there are some very good people in that department that do great work regardless. IF and I mean IF there is any hint of a fraction of this being true, again I don’t know, just repeating with permission what I was told, this is all now on Fred and BoT to look into and address. I admit I never liked May mainly because of how bad mbb has been, however there seems to be a much bigger problem in that department. Also in no way I was told Pestello and donors seem to have any clue or idea this is the culture or encourage any of this, they really have no clue. They only know what they are told and allowed to see by May. People are afraid, don’t want to be blackballed, either just put up with it to earn a living, get out and never look back, and cycle just keeps repeating itself. Rinse and repeat. Hopefully someone with everything going on looks into this, I asked permission to post and this is all from a current athletics employee. This dog really seems to hunt unfortunately. 

Seems to me this is likely to end.   This season is going to end as a disaster.   Everyone know that Travis will have to be removed.   When everyone realizes how costly this is going to be, there is only one person who will get the blame.   I don't care how much a**-kissing that he can do, May is still 100% responsible for this.   If Pestello and the BOTs think they can go into next basketball season with Ford AND May in place, they are not as sharp as I think they are.   

slu92 likes this

19 minutes ago, slu92 said:

None of this is new. Been saying this stuff for 10 years on here. 

8 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm honestly done with piling on Ford. He's gone. I almost feel bad for him. The attention now needs to move to May, Pestello, boosters, etc. They have to get the next hire right. They have to. 

May has to be gone too. He's a disaster of a human. 

Pestello shouldn't get off scot free either. Ultimately he has continued to sign off on retaining the athletic director who brought to him and signed one of the worst contracts in college basketball history. 

Bizziken likes this

14 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm honestly done with piling on Ford. He's gone. I almost feel bad for him. The attention now needs to move to May, Pestello, boosters, etc. They have to get the next hire right. They have to. 

I think it's more important long-term to get Chris May out of St. Louis. 

29 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I’d like to think you’re right. I still have a fear that if we somehow go on a mini run to end the season it’ll be spun in a way to kick the can down the road for another year. 

5 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

I’d like to think you’re right. I still have a fear that if we somehow go on a mini run to end the season it’ll be spun in a way to kick the can down the road for another year. 

That, or the fact that someone still has to come up with $10M+ to kick Ford to the curb. Fire May now it's not nearly as expensive. 

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

That, or the fact that someone still has to come up with $10M+ to kick Ford to the curb. Fire May now it's not nearly as expensive. 

Has anyone said the buyout is still 10 M? Normally, a buyout drops as you get closer to the end of an agreement. So, it probably dropped at least 2.5 M. If we had 7 M last year to pay a buyout, probably still do this year.