Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, willie said:

I don’t think we should take it as gospel that Dr. C saved Ford. 

Your skepticism on all things regarding salaries, contracts, Dr. Chaifetz are noted. Let the record reflect Willie is skeptical.

Guess what? The facts don't matter. Doesn't matter if Dr. Chaifetz saved Ford or not. The fact is that Ford is the coach and Dr. Chaifetz probably has the pull and checkbook to change that. So riling him up to force some action is good if you want Coach Ford fired.

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Your skepticism on all things regarding salaries, contracts, Dr. Chaifetz are noted. Let the record reflect Willie is skeptical.

Guess what? The facts don't matter. Doesn't matter if Dr. Chaifetz saved Ford or not. The fact is that Ford is the coach and Dr. Chaifetz probably has the pull and checkbook to change that. So riling him up to force some action is good if you want Coach Ford fired.

Or.. you just rile him up enough to say “the heck with that place” and take his checkbook and go away. Arena will still have his name on it.

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

Or.. you just rile him up enough to say “the heck with that place” and take his checkbook and go away. Arena will still have his name on it.

Maybe, probably not.

So what will happen if he takes the check book? We end up over 200+ in the Net or KenPom? Wait already there.

This comes with the territory. For someone getting involved in Pro Sports and big time involved in College Sports it's all part of the deal. SLU with the arena, budget and salaries is in the middle-class of bigtime college athletics. So we get to experience something many many other programs have, likely being at odds with the big-time donors. Or demanding the big-time donors do something. Not a unique situation. As I've written before, it's why a good AD is necessary. Keep the donors, fans aligned with the programs goals so we all row in the same direction.

slu92 likes this

21 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Maybe, probably not.

So what will happen if he takes the check book? We end up over 200+ in the Net or KenPom? Wait already there.

This comes with the territory. For someone getting involved in Pro Sports and big time involved in College Sports it's all part of the deal. SLU with the arena, budget and salaries is in the middle-class of bigtime college athletics. So we get to experience something many many other programs have, likely being at odds with the big-time donors. Or demanding the big-time donors do something. Not a unique situation. As I've written before, it's why a good AD is necessary. Keep the donors, fans aligned with the programs goals so we all row in the same direction.

Well said and if you have a credible AD that isn’t at the mercy of one or two big donors and used as a secretary like ours now, you can push back and that person will have more respect. Pretty good chance Chaifetz views Chris May as nothing more than a middle manager at SLU. Get an AD that ideally maybe played/coached basketball since that is our bread and butter and can raise new revenues. Going back to same well has been great for a while but we can’t keep relying on a handful of donors and what they want, everyone needs to be on same page. Plus whoever is new coach will need NIL money and support. How’s that going to be addressed? Very fair question to ask now.

And if big donors agree or don’t agree with NIL payments doesn’t matter. Reality right now until something changes for the better, it matters. Then school needs to step in and help figure out with NCAA. Hoping and wishing strategy got us to where we are now. 

35 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

My ***** about this board is someone says something without any real knowledge and it becomes gospel. Blaming Chaifetz for saving Ford is pure speculation and I have my reasons to believe it is false. 

50 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I have no problem with criticizing Chaifetz. Not sure it's being done in the best way though. 

Where are people criticizing Dr C on Twitter?  All I have seen in the last day with his name is in reference to the arena and not him personally.  Perhaps whatever was posted on X was deleted?

4 minutes ago, willie said:

My ***** about this board is someone says something without any real knowledge and it becomes gospel. Blaming Chaifetz for saving Ford is pure speculation and I have my reasons to believe it is false. 

Welcome to internet Message Boards

FirstTimeMEME.jpeg

Fraz and NextYearBill like this

6 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

If the only prominent booster is the reason we're stuck with Ford then he deserves criticism. What good is a big booster giving money if it's tied to losing?

This is how bigger college sports go. The normal fans get angry at meddling boosters when their meddling results in losing.

It's why a good AD is necessary to handle these boosters and align there interests into winning programs.

Need to hire your guy Heede. 

27 minutes ago, willie said:

Yeah. This is pretty much where I am at. A lot of people on here say " I am not sure but have a very reliable source that says....". The reality is no one knows and you just have to filter or ignore the posters that bug you the most. I actually think it is comical and highly entertaining  that there are still people adamantly defending the coach's performance while others think starting an email campaign or threatening to put up a billboard (while asking someone else to fund a buyout, new coach, and robust NIL program) moves the needle. 

One way or another, this will resolve itself. TF will stay or go and all of us will decide how we want to engage based on that. 

I will put one opinion out there and stress it is my opinion, not something I heard from a guy who knew a guy. If we move on and have to pay some kind of buyout, we will all pay for it. Yes, a big donor or two will hopefully step up and help, but season ticket prices, and parking in the SLU garage, and concessions, and Billiken Club tiers will very likely be impacted also. 

3star_recruit likes this

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

Sorry, but a donation is a donation.  There are no strings attached.  When you donate millions of dollars to build an arena that we all get enjoy, that does not make you a permanent target for our program every time something goes wrong with the program.  Donating millions years ago, does not mean that you are on the hook to donate millions more every time Billikens.com posters are unhappy with the state of the Men's Basketball program.

This is an excellent point.  The big donors are free to do whatever they want with their money, just like we are.  Dragging big donors on social media when we can't replace their money doesn't seem very wise.  

30 minutes ago, TRN said:

Where are people criticizing Dr C on Twitter?  All I have seen in the last day with his name is in reference to the arena and not him personally.  Perhaps whatever was posted on X was deleted?

I just want the throat cutting gif to come back when Ford gets the axe.

TheA_Bomb and NextYearBill like this

Just how much time do y’all think this guy spends thinking about Billikens.com/social media?

Richard A. Chaifetz (born August 1953) is an American billionaire[1] businessman, investor, licensed neuropsychologist, and philanthropist. He is the founder, chairman, and chief executive officerof Chicago-based ComPsych Corporation, the world's largest provider of employee assistance programs.[2][3] He is also the founder of the Chaifetz Group, a private investment firm focusing on venture capital, growth, and opportunistic investment strategies.

(And that doesn’t even include the pickleball team.)

36 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Just how much time do y’all think this guy spends thinking about Billikens.com/social media?

Richard A. Chaifetz (born August 1953) is an American billionaire[1] businessman, investor, licensed neuropsychologist, and philanthropist. He is the founder, chairman, and chief executive officerof Chicago-based ComPsych Corporation, the world's largest provider of employee assistance programs.[2][3] He is also the founder of the Chaifetz Group, a private investment firm focusing on venture capital, growth, and opportunistic investment strategies.

(And that doesn’t even include the pickleball team.)

and Formula 1. But his son does. 

3 hours ago, gabriel said:

I tweeted that rich chaifetz should be embarrassed to have his name on the court where that team last night was playing. I stand by that take and would tweet that at him every day until that clown travis ford is gone and the program gives that court something to be proud of. 

This is fair. I’ve got no issues with putting some pressure out there and making it clear the fan base is unhappy, but I don’t see the point in saying things like “he doesn’t care” or worse direct personal attacks. None of us know his real opinions or level of involvement at all, except for A-bomb and his “reports”. 

cgeldmacher likes this

8 minutes ago, 2010andBeyond said:

This is fair. I’ve got no issues with putting some pressure out there and making it clear the fan base is unhappy, but I don’t see the point in saying things like “he doesn’t care” or worse direct personal attacks. None of us know his real opinions or level of involvement at all, except for A-bomb and his “reports”. 

Yeah that's not what I said. I put that qualifier to specifically draw attention to it being reported and not necessarily fact. Perhaps I'll be clearer in the future to avoid confusion. This is a message board rife with speculation, theories and wannabe insiders and posers.  But some real data does make its way here and if you know who to listen to then you usually know what is based in fact.

Nothing that was posted to X that I saw (only saw what was on this board) was very aggregious. 

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm going to be honest, it felt like the season ended Wednesday. 

I hoped Ford missed the post game because he was fired.

Team had been dead man walking since losing to SIUE

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm going to be honest, it felt like the season ended Wednesday. 

Yeah my focus is mainly on the women's team right now, they can still finish middle of the pack this year and keep improving.