Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Looks like Kenpom was NOT impressed, latest ratings in, we are now #222. That is the lowest ranking of all A10 teams. 

We’re Number 15 in the A10, in other words.

Never underestimate other A10 teams to take that mantle, but yeah we deserve it for now.

The most amazing thing to me is that Ford has some how managed to win 450+ games. 
He’s 53 years ol. Some poor school will hire him when he is gone from here. 
He probably has 10 more years. 
That means he will end up with over 600 career wins. 
After watching him for 8 years that is just mind blowing. 

it also tells me that if Ford can get to 600 most of the MBMs posting could get to 200 or so. 

Aquinas likes this

20 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

I’ll get a quote. Should be simple…. FIRE FORD…. Black bold letters, white backdrop 

Need May out. His negligence has us stuck in this mess.

As for the billboard, I  saw large digital was almost $5,000. Smaller options $2500 for 4 weeks but that's probably not including all kinds of fees.

JMM28 and NextYearBill like this

31 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

I’ll get a quote. Should be simple…. FIRE FORD…. Black bold letters, white backdrop 

Need a website? Or just refer to billikens.com to read the ongoing dumpster fire here? Steve's server will suffer the agony of Travis Ford's failure.

11 hours ago, Soderball said:

3 mill per year in NIL funds.

McCollum is a different breed.  He's as close to Majerus as we can get.  Throwing money at him won't just get him.  

In all of his videos and stories about him he genuinely wants to make a difference in an area.  He loves NW MO St and he has put them on the map.  He wants to the same thing in a larger locale.  

This is a no brainer to me.  This guy wants to develop a regional team and be the guy in a city.  St. Louis is it.  We have been searching for this for decades.  Hire him, let him feel his way around D-1 a bit.  He may lose at first but he won't lose for long.  He recruits at a D-1 level at NW and he develops players and has a fool proof system.  His 2nd best player went to Creighton the other season and averaged 14 ppg.  His best player is arguably the best D-2 player of all time, scored nearly 3,000 points.  He's had no issues with the portal, his players don't leave.  He only brings in guys who buy in for 4 years.

This is the guy  A merge of Majerus and Spoon who's only 42 years old.  We'll suck for two years and they we'll run off 20 years of 25 wins a season.  He won't cost an arm and a leg at first.

17 minutes ago, thetorch said:

McCollum is a different breed.  He's as close to Majerus as we can get.  Throwing money at him won't just get him.  

In all of his videos and stories about him he genuinely wants to make a difference in an area.  He loves NW MO St and he has put them on the map.  He wants to the same thing in a larger locale.  

This is a no brainer to me.  This guy wants to develop a regional team and be the guy in a city.  St. Louis is it.  We have been searching for this for decades.  Hire him, let him feel his way around D-1 a bit.  He may lose at first but he won't lose for long.  He recruits at a D-1 level at NW and he develops players and has a fool proof system.  His 2nd best player went to Creighton the other season and averaged 14 ppg.  His best player is arguably the best D-2 player of all time, scored nearly 3,000 points.  He's had no issues with the portal, his players don't leave.  He only brings in guys who buy in for 4 years.

This is the guy  A merge of Majerus and Spoon who's only 42 years old.  We'll suck for two years and they we'll run off 20 years of 25 wins a season.  He won't cost an arm and a leg at first.

I remember listening to McCollum in a podcast and was extremely impressed with him.  If SLU is unable to generate NIL money that competes with the top tier of the A-10, then getting a tactician and developer of talent is the route to go.  I have not seen NW Mo St play but I remember him saying that he doesn't like to play a pressing type of offense because he doesn't think that style will beat top teams that can handle the basketball.  However, how would others describe his offensive style?  Can it be appealing?

If NIL is not a problem, then I do believe with SLU's significant investment in facilities should be able to attract some strong candidates.  What do others think?

I think Chris May and Travis Ford have done well at SLU, but I'm concerned that both can't take SLU to the next level.

BLIKNS likes this

I watched McCollum tear apart UMSL at Maryville the other night. I'd only heard about him and never watched his teams play. 

His offense is the beautiful game. No set plays, everything is based on reads. He has a precise system he runs and his players execute but they have the freedom to do anything they want. Except shoot mid range. Everything is paint or 3s. Tandem ball screens are his bread and butter. They get the best shot each possession whether it takes one or 15 passes. His offenses are the most efficient not just in D2 but at any level. His measurables are off the charts.

Figure out how to get this guy and he retires in 25-30 years with 900 wins.

TheA_Bomb and drkelsey55 like this

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

He's my #1 target but I also asked the same question today. Genuinely interested in understanding more.

A little ahead of ourselves here got 2 people that need to resign or be terminated first.  But, is he the kinda guy that can engage boosters? Inspire them with enough confidence to donate to NIL?

Can't argue with 4 NCAA DII Championships.

I can’t say how I got this information except I was told by an excellent source very close to Chris May that as long as he is AD at SLU, mbb is going to win 20 games come hell or high water. So here is a very early, not released schedule for non conference 2024-25. Please don’t share with a lot of people. A lot can change between now and then….have faith!

Greenville -exhibition

Grabber School

Crave Beauty Academy

Paul Mitchell The School St. Louis

DeVry

Vatterot College

Missouri Valley

Claim Academy

Jewish School of Medical Tech

Ranken

Parks College

Gateway Stem

U of Phoenix

SWIC

NextYearBill likes this

1 minute ago, slu92 said:

I can’t say how I got this information except I was told by an excellent source very close to Chris May that as long as he is AD at SLU, mbb is going to win 20 games come hell or high water. So here is a very early, not released schedule for non conference 2024-25. Please don’t share with a lot of people. A lot can change between now and then….have faith!

Greenville -exhibition

Grabber School

Crave Beauty Academy

DeVry

Vatterot College

Missouri Valley

Claim Academy

Ranken

Parks College

Gateway Stem

U of Phoenix

SWIC

Better drop SWIC, they’d probably beat SLU.  Definitely have a better coach.

15 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Greenville -exhibition

Grabber School

Crave Beauty Academy

DeVry

Vatterot College

Missouri Valley

Claim Academy

Ranken

Parks College

Gateway Stem

U of Phoenix

SWIC

Had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

slu92 and CenHudDude like this

I know people are throwing out coach names, which 100% need new coach….HOWEVER you got to hire a new AD that can bring in new donors, knows college basketball, maybe even played, has St Louis ties, knows community, can navigate NIL and put new coach in position to win and hold accountable for real. Not some nerd fanboy from the 90’s who had a man crush on Calbert Cheney and Travis Ford and now is in a position to hire them in present day! Otherwise…Kendall Gill, Larry Johnson, Felton Spencer or Gene Keady, Larry Brown, Tubby Smith type coach come on down!!!! Need a serious, smart business minded AD. It’s not 1992 and need an AD with more experience than poop scooping for a buffalo as a grad assistant at Boulder, getting run off eventually from Boulder and literally stuck at SLU for 15 years because nobody is dumb enough to hire the guy. But we do know a group of people who are dumb enough to keep him….and believe the guys lies. Chris May and some slu leaders live in an alternate reality from majority of us lower class folk. 

18 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Greenville -exhibition

Grabber School

Crave Beauty Academy

DeVry

Vatterot College

Missouri Valley

Claim Academy

Ranken

Parks College

Gateway Stem

U of Phoenix

SWIC

Crave Beauty Academy would kick our butts based on what we saw yesterday. Any junior high schools in the area looking to play at Chaifetz? If so, schedule them

slu92 likes this