Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

Thank you @TheA_Bombfor starting this thread.  This is what several of us were requesting.  I applaud you.

Here is a serious comment.  Consider starting a Go Fund Me page.  If you could raise a significant amount, say $10,000+, that perhaps would say more than a few angry emails which can be easily deleted.  Money talks.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, dlarry said:

I’m with you completely.

No need to fire him mid season but they should definitely be putting feelers out about a potential next coach. 

Here is a list of P5 coaches that are considered to be on the Hot Seat by national pundits, along with their current salaries. (Salaries are from Google search and thereby probably not accurate.)

Payne, Louisville, $4.4 M

Neptune Villinova $3.75 M

Stackhouse, Vandy $3.14 M

Boyton, OK State $3.00 M

Haase, Stanford $2.45 M*  estimated by media, Stanford does not disclose

Stubblefield, DePaul, hard to find his salary but definitely on the flaming hot seat.

His seat isn't hot, but I see Bryce Drew's name mentioned.  He is making $2.4M. 

27 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

He doesn’t seem like the kinda guy hung up on NIL. But he’s also the kinda guy who can be selective on who he works for. That is the real rub in my opinion 

At this point I'll take almost anyone that isn't Travis Ford. Feeling a lot like OK ST fans did. Man oh man.

NextYearBill likes this

On 12/1/2023 at 11:54 AM, BLIKNS said:

The only thing that matters this year is the A-10 tourney plain and simple

Hopefully we get Parker healty and playing , Bradley get his waiver, and Magassa eligible.  Big wishes I know..  nothing else will matter..

What happens if we get one roll, and win the A-10 tournament. Even with say a .500 record . We have had success there before..

A goal would be achieved, would this be a successful season getting to the NCAA tournament??

Successful season? More like a miracle or mana from Heaven. 

We will need a significant NIL commitment to attract anything more than a high risk hire. In today's game a new coach can't count on any players returning out of loyalty. He must have NIL funds to retain the players he likes and to hit the transfer market hard. It will probably be better to hire a lower salary coach with higher NIL $, than a higher salary coach with lower NIL$. 

13 minutes ago, Soderball said:

At this point I'll take almost anyone that isn't Travis Ford. Feeling a lot like OK ST fans did. Man oh man.

No, they need to nail this one.

if they are just going to grab some rando they might as well keep Ford until they find the right guy. 

27 minutes ago, dlarry said:

if they are just going to grab some rando they might as well keep Ford until they find the right guy. 

Ford = no chance. Anyone else is something different, hope to donors.  The enthusiasm isn't there because Ford and May. So we need to change or slip further into irrelevance. 

6 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Ford = no chance. Anyone else is something different, hope to donors.  The enthusiasm isn't there because Ford and May. So we need to change or slip further into irrelevance. 

Im with ya but they can’t screw this up. I would put up with another year of Ford if it meant they got the right guy. 
I don’t want change for the sake of change I want the right guy. 

And in now way to I believe Ford is that guy.

37 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I'd like to get the right guy, but even a rando is not going to be sticking around for 8 years of no tournaments like Ford has. Ford is a salesman and manages to stick around despite poor performance, and scores ridiculous contracts.

A rando won't get 2.5 mil and won't be around for 1 tournament per decade.

I think Ford has  his reached his ceiling... 

But if the goal is the NCAA tourney, and we catch lightning in a bottle and win the A-10 tourney .. mission accomplished?????

Is that what it takes to save his job? Would that be enough???

14 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

I think Ford has  his reached his ceiling... 

But if the goal is the NCAA tourney, and we catch lightning in a bottle and win the A-10 tourney .. mission accomplished?????

Is that what it takes to save his job? Would that be enough???

In the eyes of casuals, yes.  But tell me what offense SLU runs? Do you see a good trajectory? There's no development.  No coherent system. 

On 12/1/2023 at 1:47 PM, billikenfan05 said:

At the end of the day I don't want this to be a "May and Ford SUCK, fire them" movement. I want this to be pointed and evidence based movement. Ford has had some good seasons and some bad luck, no doubt. But when you look at this year, is this what you expect as the floor for a program that pays their coach $2.5 million a year? Is this dysfunctional a$$ offseason you expect from an AD and head coach who spend as much as they do on their basketball program. Softball has won the A10 regular season more recently than Basketball and they don't even have a pressbox. They have to carry all their sh*t from Chaifetz. 

This and 2.5 mil