GDT: SLU v. Vermont

SluSignGuy

SLU Men's Basketball Game Notes & Information
Game No. 5 Saint Louis (4-0) vs. Vermont (3-0)
Date // Time Friday, Nov. 17, 2023 // 11 a.m. (CT)
Location Conway, S.C. (HTC Center)
Radio KMOX 1120 AM (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
TV ESPN2 (Robert Lee, Randolph Childress)
Stream WatchESPN App
Live Stats StatBroadcast
Series History SLU leads 2-0

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Catamounts vs Billikens

Epic matchup of esoteric mascots

Well, Catamount is a better nickname than “Puma concolor” which is the actual name for a species which is called by various names including puma, cougar, mountain lion, painter, and mountain screamer. In fact, the Puma concolor holds the Guiness Book of World Records for “mammal with the highest number of different names.”

There are two NCAA schools with the name Catamounts and the areas where these schools are located are rhe only areas known to use “catamount” as a descriptor for the Puma concolor.

5 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Well, Catamount is a better nickname than “Puma concolor” which is the actual name for a species which is called by various names including puma, cougar, mountain lion, painter, and mountain screamer. In fact, the Puma concolor holds the Guiness Book of World Records for “mammal with the highest number of different names.”

There are two NCAA schools with the name Catamounts and the areas where these schools are located are rhe only areas known to use “catamount” as a descriptor for the Puma concolor.

Thanks for the trivia lesson.

44 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Thanks Cliff.  Will you and Norm be watching today from the bar?

53 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Well, Catamount is a better nickname than “Puma concolor” which is the actual name for a species which is called by various names including puma, cougar, mountain lion, painter, and mountain screamer.

This would be a far superior nickname.

23 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Thanks Cliff.  Will you and Norm be watching today from the bar?

Since you liked that, would you like a breakdown on the species “canis lupis” commonly referred to as the wolf?

Amateur scouting report from my cousin here:

They lightened up on non-conference schedule a wee bit. This game is huge (vs. CoC).

Already blew out Merrimack who won their conference last year. 

Transfer Shamir Bogues from Tarelton State is a premier defensive player. 

Aaron Deloney two-time conference 6th man of the year — entered portal and came back. He’s a star. 

And a half-dozen other good players. Lots of Canadiens. Experienced and well-coached like always. 

34 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

I am going to game!  Thanks for thinking of a long lost prodigal poster.  I will be rooting on the Bills and my wife will be cheering for Vermont.  I will try to post later.  I have no insights on the Catamounts. 

Great to have you back.  Hope you and your wife are having a great time.

16 minutes ago, dlarry said:

They probably know Grady Glaze! 
Beacue they are Canadian not because they are well-coached.

I just found out there's a creek in west county called Grand Glaize creek and I just don't know how I feel about it. 

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I just found out there's a creek in west county called Grand Glaize creek and I just don't know how I feel about it. 

I can tell you (truly) that Grand Glaize creek is nasty.  Especially where it goes past MSD and into one of the nastiest lakes in the region, Simpson Park Lake.  I kayak and fish there a good bit but I and my 'yaks need a bath afterward and I wouldn't eat anything caught out of there.....