GDT: SLU v. Wyoming

SluSignGuy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great great team win.  

Thames' 3 in the 2H was an absolute dagger.  I was so happy to see that he had the confidence (and Ford had the confidence in him) for him to shoot it. 

Contributions from Dalger/Cian/Meadows/Bruuuuuce/Hargrove/Hughes.....everyone! 

Looks like no one told the team they were supposed to finish 10th in the A-10 and win 12 games.  

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Rigged, like the NET.

But eventually getting this Mountain West scalp should help with something.

Not rigged, but Pomeroy just thinks Wyoming is not very good.  His system is probably right about them. That said, I am happy with the way the Billikens are trending.  They really took what Wyoming gave them offensively and didn't try to force things.  Not something we always see with Travis Ford teams.  It remains to be seen how the defense holds up against better competition, but the intensity and effort on defense that has been missing for much of the last two seasons has been there this season.

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Rigged, like the NET.

But eventually getting this Mountain West scalp should help with something.

Not rigged, but Pomeroy just thinks Wyoming is not very good.  His system is probably right about them. That said, I am happy with the way the Billikens are trending.  They really took what Wyoming gave them offensively and didn't try to force things.  Not something we always see with Travis Ford teams.  It remains to be seen how the defense holds up against better competition, but the intensity and effort on defense that has been missing for much of the last two seasons has been there this season.

So proud to see our guys defend this well.  Hope Parker's injury is minor.  He carried us offensively for 2/3 of the game.

Jimerson has been our leading scorer the last two years.   Is it any surprise that we have struggled to close out games when he disappears so often against athletic defenders?  Thankfully Dalger and the youngsters stepped up to hit shots and changed the "can't close" narrative today.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Billikens score well. 79 points w/ jimerson doing nothing I would not have believed.

Undersized though and it hurts on the defensive end and especially rebounding.

Was able to watch the game and this team looks tougher than last year.  They don't seem to let a bad thing cause them to fold.  After watching these refs I am really confused about what a charge and a blocking foul is.  If Ford can keep this team focused and playing like they did today he just may surprise.  Long season though.

maverick likes this

A pretty gutsy win - getting killed on the boards, getting no scoring from Gibby and an injury to Parker. A lot of different contributions but I thought Medley made a huge contribution - nothing flashy, but very steady and good decisions - no turnovers and 4 steals, plus good energy on D.

4 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

RIP. Place was a hidden gem.

In all seriousness Bruce had one of the cleanest post moves I've seen in a while. I'm also eating crow. 

Please Sincere don't be hurt. 

yep, yep,yep. never seen anyone limp on on foot from a calf cramp, but I'm hoping not 2 bad.

5 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

RIP. Place was a hidden gem.

In all seriousness Bruce had one of the cleanest post moves I've seen in a while. I'm also eating crow. 

Please Sincere don't be hurt. 

He’s definitely hurt. We don’t want him to be injured. 

0*lGuXXrvT5R8CKQbU.jpg

Great effort by the team.  Parker went down.  Wyoming clawed back to within 3, I thought we were in for a Travis Meltdown.  Thames, Hughes, & Dalger hit big shots.  I had this game as a loss so we are one up for me.  

Thames has really taken another step.  He was great defensively.  He is a do it all player.  If Parker is out, very much in favor of him starting.