GDT: Berea College Mountaineers

Pistol

23 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

And UNC has subsequently lost to ACC behemoths Virginia and Georgia Tech since Walker was cleared to play. And he got absolutely leveled by a Tech kid which sealed the W for the Wreck on Saturday. If you’re a fan of UNC football, you’ve seen this story play out before. And Mack Brown is usually the one driving the car when the brakes fail. 

Are you serious? Mack does lose head scratchers about once a season but he's taken UNC places they have rarely been.  So maybe you need to tap the brakes on your hot take mobile. 

Point still stands NCAA sux and other schools even big programs are having issues.  Guaranteed UNC's compliance person filed the paperwork correctly. Not so sure about SLU's former employee.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-no 50/50 today

-at one timeout I counted 22 in the student section

-Bruce was moving pretty good in that warmup suit, I hope for him sooner 

-LHII might just be a heckuva player

-I really liked the fast break off a made basket with the finish by Sincere (I think it was Sincere)

-expanded the press a little bit and showed a bit of zone

-we'll see a week from Monday

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Somebody has to step into the sharpshooter role once Jimerson leaves.  Would be nice if it's a guy already on the roster.

That would be young hughes

cgeldmacher likes this

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Kentucky is still waiting on their Croatian center to be cleared. 
And there are still multiple 2x transfers waiting to hear. 
This just isn’t SLU. 

You have zero clue on this one. Our guys are behind all of those waiver requests and it's not because we aren't a power 5 program.

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Apathy is the most dangerous spot for a program. Sounds like the Billiken men’s basketball team is there. 

Especially when there’s a new pro team a couple blocks east from you and not only do you have to compete with the state schools, but also the newest D1 school in the metro area with football and hockey. They’re in trouble, but don’t seem to care…and you know what, why should we ?

8 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Which means no surprise if this drags on through December, right?

No surprise at all. The question may be at what point does the athlete himself withdraw the request to preserve a year of eligibility rather than waste a year on a handful of games for a team that may not be going anywhere….

stmdragons and VeniceMenace like this

5 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

No surprise at all. The question may be at what point does the athlete himself withdraw the request to preserve a year of eligibility rather than waste a year on a handful of games for a team that may not be going anywhere….

Good point, didn’t think of that. Ugh!

9 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Cody Ellis has talked about how he wishes he would have been patient and redshirted that year. 

32 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Which means no surprise if this drags on through December, right?

I suspect the rumor that SLU dropped the ball on the paperwork is just that, an unfounded rumor.  Thinking we should be criticizing the real problem, the NCAA.  

gabriel and billikenbill like this

14 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Kentucky is still waiting on their Croatian center to be cleared. 
And there are still multiple 2x transfers waiting to hear. 
This just isn’t SLU. 

Not sure why Kentucky is a valid comp when the timeline is completely different:

The NCAA is screwing programs over by dragging these decisions all the way into the season. That's inexcusable to me, given that with the small size of basketball rosters, a single waiver could change the entire strategy for a season. However, it can also be true that SLU dropped the ball. It's not necessarily either-or.

43 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I suspect the rumor that SLU dropped the ball on the paperwork is just that, an unfounded rumor.  Thinking we should be criticizing the real problem, the NCAA.  

I'm sorry if I'm coming off pr!ckish, but I'm flat out telling you SLU COMPLIANCE DROPPED THE BALL.

Even if you factor out Ezewiro's waiver to have the number of players with unclear eligibility that we have is evidence enough that someone f*cked up.

JMM28 likes this