Welcome Djordje Curcic

44 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Have committed thousands of hours toward being a fan over the past 20+ years, bleed Billiken Blue, know that we can expect better. hbu?

Been here since Grawer. You sure that's Billiken Blue?  Seems kind of runny...............

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

No.  It's because you've gotten to the point that you disbelieve good news, which is sad.

If saying Curcic will have to prove that he’s a “difference maker” and that I’m not just taking Frank’s (aka Ford’s) word for it anymore is disbelieving good news, then I guess you’ve got me there.  Still excited for the kid to be a part of the program. 

Bizziken likes this

He passed the eye test for me, if you haven’t watched any of his tape that’s online then I don’t care about your opinion.

This guys in a vastly different league than the Ingvi’s, Cisses, etc that we’ve brought in in the past.

Ford haters will find something to cry about everything.

36 minutes ago, gabriel said:

He passed the eye test for me, if you haven’t watched any of his tape that’s online then I don’t care about your opinion.

This guys in a vastly different league than the Ingvi’s, Cisses, etc that we’ve brought in in the past.

I went back thru this thread and I'm a little confused.  Do we have a link that is for sure highlights for "our" Curcic?   I thought there was confusion with earlier links maybe being a different Curcic?   Any confirmed links to "our" Curcic are appreciated!

even tho we're not 100% sure which kid it is, this seems like a great pickup. Still a little worried that our 2 PGs going into next year are actually CG/SG.  Perhaps this is the PG by committee a lot of people want to see again. Parker I think can handle the ball better then people think, so Parker, Serbian, and LHJ all splitting roles maybe?

slufan13 likes this

6 minutes ago, gabriel said:

This is the correct Curcic. https://www.fiba.basketball/world/u19/2023/player/Djordje-Curcic

Confirmed with his Instagram account where he posted his SLU commitment. 

Sure seems like he is a legitimate talent, I’d say he’s a great signing. 

I would like to apologize to him in advance for how badly Guy Phillips will mangle his name….

gabriel likes this

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

This team is going to have no problem scoring from the guard position. I'll assume one or two of the bigs are going to be successful as well. If this team can play defense, they could be pretty good. If they can't, at least we're going to see exciting losses. 

The defense is why Dandridge is so important to get. He's on Franco's level. Our offense should rival last years offense. But ya, not sure about defense.  Need Dalger to take a big step on the defensive side.  As of now, he may be the worst defender to see minutes in a long time - including Marten. I think LHJ will be better defensively than Yuri with his length, and I want THJ to focus on being an important player on defense for us.  Maybe with the new found weight he can be. 

7 hours ago, gabriel said:

Ford could have a reincarnated Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, Magic, Jordan, Russell, etc on his team and would find a way to underachieve, so excuse us for witholding excitement until he doesn't.

43 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Ford could have a reincarnated Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, Magic, Jordan, Russell, etc on his team and would find a way to underachieve, so excuse us for witholding excitement until he doesn't.

this is your example of a "real D1 fanbase"?

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Rag on the coach until he is fired. He kinda has a point. Seems like that's how a lot of the fanbases of the big boys act haha.

You’d think Ford coaches on a volunteer basis based on how some of the Ford Worship Society acts.  You’d never know he’s the highest paid coach in the conference.