2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It pisses me off to no end that the school in Boone County has the best recruiting class in the country while we’re hoping to again win 20 games with nothing to show for it. That two-three year window when SLU had a chance to become the talk of the region while Mizzou was in limbo has long been shut. It  makes you wonder why we should support a program that doesn’t want to help itself.

JMM28 likes this

30 minutes ago, Brighton said:

It pisses me off to no end that the school in Boone County has the best recruiting class in the country while we’re hoping to again win 20 games with nothing to show for it. That two-three year window when SLU had a chance to become the talk of the region while Mizzou was in limbo has long been shut. It  makes you wonder why we should support a program that doesn’t want to help itself.

Only thing that pisses me off is how many fans are ok with that .

thetorch likes this

28 minutes ago, Brighton said:

im wondering why you are here talking about mi$$ouri.   if you love the tiger$ so much go to their messageboard.   we have enough heartburn without having to deal with your worthlessness truman.

7 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

How tall is Abou Magassa?  The SLU roster lists him at 6'6".  When his signing was announced, he was 6'9". 

[For those who were around, that is Donnie Dobb's level shrinkage.]

I think they're just bad at converting from the metric system. 

13 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Hate to be reminded that you’re part of the problem ?

i assume you got good seats for the big game tomorrow at the dome.     at least that's about 3 hours you will leave us alone.  

billikenbill likes this

8 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Roy should we replace Gus with Mike Kelly? Guess that’s like asking if you prefer doing time in Alcatraz or Siberia?

Who's Mike Kelly?

A10 Talk's Preview of the Billikens

https://www.a10talk.com/2023-24-atlantic-10-preview-saint-louis/

I wonder how much research the author put into this piece.  Reading between his points, he believes Hargrove starts and Parker comes off the bench.  Meadows and Medley handle the point (no mention of Hughes). " Zhang's job to lose" in the pivot.

36 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I wonder how much research the author put into this piece.  Reading between his points, he believes Hargrove starts and Parker comes off the bench.  Meadows and Medley handle the point (no mention of Hughes). " Zhang's job to lose" in the pivot.

This preview is probably the most well researched one you will read outside of this message board.  Whether Parker starts or is the designated scorer off the bench is a minor quibble.  He's going to get a lot of minutes either way.  Medley averaged 5 assists per game in the EYBL -- those are Yuri-like numbers.  I'll be shocked if he isn't playing double digit minutes at the point by conference time.

HoosierPal likes this

37 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

He means Brian Kelly. He announces for the women's games and a few other things.

That makes more sense, I guess? Mike Kelly (or least one Mike Kelly) is the long-time radio voice for Mi$$ouri. I couldn't figure out what that had to do with replacing Phelps.

22 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

That makes more sense, I guess? Mike Kelly (or least one Mike Kelly) is the long-time radio voice for Mi$$ouri. I couldn't figure out what that had to do with replacing Phelps.

You're teaching me something new about Mizzou lol, maybe he did mean Mike Kelly 😂

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I believe TF at the end of last season promised Hargrove that he would start this year.

3 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

I believe TF at the end of last season promised Hargrove that he would start this year.

You are correct. On a radio interview before Brooklyn, he said TH was asked to come off the bench late in the season because he was going to start this season, and become an all-conference player in the process. 

3 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

I hope this isn't true. I think our best 3 guards are Hughes, Parker and Jimerson. I like Hargrove off the bench. He could start at the 4 if the other team playes small.I really hope we are taller than that up front. I'm expecting Parker to take a big step up.