2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

42 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

One of the best performances I have ever seen from a point guard in the tournament.  Can he play in the NBA at 5’8”?

I think he can get a chance at the G league if he wants it, he may decide to just play overseas instead, hard to see a team taking him with a draft pick at 5’8”

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Did I say anything about Ford? I just want the worst outcome possible to happen to Tennessee and Barnes (and staff) every time they play

remember, all comments have to be in the context that everyone is better than ford and ford has never coached anyone well

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

AZTECS❗

Down goes the overall, overrated #1 Seed, Alabama. Down goes the SEC. Down goes the Power 5, again.

We could have a Final 4 of 3 mids and one major. And the NCAA wants all Majors. Good luck with that. 

10 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Miami NIL Wins. #1 Seed Houston is OUT. 

Miami also made the Elite 8 last year without Nigel Pack. 

They are 6th nationally on offense. Not a good defensive team but their offense is elite.

Isaiah Wong was ACC Player of the Year.

Jordan Miller was 2nd Team All ACC.

Norchad Omier was 3rd Team All ACC.

24 ACC players honored. None were Nigel Pack. Pack’s a good player, but Miami has had a lot of good players the past few years.

JMM28 likes this

2 hours ago, courtside said:

Miami also made the Elite 8 last year without Nigel Pack. 

They are 6th nationally on offense. Not a good defensive team but their offense is elite.

Isaiah Wong was ACC Player of the Year.

Jordan Miller was 2nd Team All ACC.

Norchad Omier was 3rd Team All ACC.

24 ACC players honored. None were Nigel Pack. Pack’s a good player, but Miami has had a lot of good players the past few years.

I liked Miami’s #24 Rick Barry uniform patches. But alas, the Hurricanes don’t shoot free throws underhanded. 

Loving this tournament.  I'm flying back to Austin 1 April and might just hop in the car to drive to Final 4 in Houston.   Tix were $222 on Seatgeek yesterday. 

Who ya got as the favorites?  Gotta be Texas and Zags right?  Texas handled the Zags but that was at home early in the season.   Texas also beat Creighton, and is 1-1 vs KSU..

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Loving this tournament.  I'm flying back to Austin 1 April and might just hop in the car to drive to Final 4 in Houston.   Tix were $222 on Seatgeek yesterday. 

Who ya got as the favorites?  Gotta be Texas and Zags right?  Texas handled the Zags but that was at home early in the season.   Texas also beat Creighton, and is 1-1 vs KSU..

Has to be the Zags as I want Mark Few and his team to cut the nets down!

Texas defense is legit need to get past Miami to get back across the Red River and play in front of a burnt orange crowd in Houston. 

Sir Jabari Rice's shot fake is a thing of beauty.  

6 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Texas defense is legit need to get past Miami to get back across the Red River and play in front of a burnt orange crowd in Houston. 

Sir Jabari Rice's shot fake is a thing of beauty.  

They are playing well at the right time. Don't you think with their good run and fine season that Rodney Terry should get the permanent HC job. I'm sure Rick Barnes would endure him.

Just now, Schasz said:

They are playing well at the right time. Don't you think with their good run and fine season that Rodney Terry should get the permanent HC job. I'm sure Rick Barnes would endure him.

Endorse him!

14 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don’t know how much I believe in Hurley, but I don’t think any team has looked more impressive in all of their tournament games to this point than UConn.

Maybe so. But individually has anyone looked better than Timme? It's going to be a great matchup but I got the Zags winning this one.

25 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don’t know how much I believe in Hurley, but I don’t think any team has looked more impressive in all of their tournament games to this point than UConn.

UConn impressive, no doubt, but I don’t see anyone beating Texas. UT will be favored over anyone left in the tournament. 

2 hours ago, Schasz said:

I think the Sweet 16 was the benchmark for wins. They'll retain him now.  Vitale and others making comments that Texas is wrong for not hiring him permanently now.  Why mess up a good thing.  Maybe these dudes are playing their hearts out to get him hired?

Almost at Timme level in points but better at rebounding,  Dylan Disu for UT has been the breakout star garnering NBA attention. Vs Colgate 17 points and 10 rebounds, vs PSU 28 points 10 rebounds. He has 3 double-doubles in his last 5 games vs good competition.  But he left Xavier game came back in a boot. So who knows if he'll be ready for Miami. 

Off topic here,but this is for ABomb , if you do drive to Houston, how many Buc ee's can you stop at ???

Just drove at Atlanta to see our daughter,  and stopped at our first...in Florence SC.... it is as Glorious as they say 🤣

24 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I think the Sweet 16 was the benchmark for wins. They'll retain him now.  Vitale and others making comments that Texas is wrong for not hiring him permanently now.  Why mess up a good thing.  Maybe these dudes are playing their hearts out to get him hired?

Almost at Timme level in points but better at rebounding,  Dylan Disu for UT has been the breakout star garnering NBA attention. Vs Colgate 17 points and 10 rebounds, vs PSU 28 points 10 rebounds. He has double-doubles in his last 5 games vs good competition.  But he left Xavier game came back in a boot. So who knows if he'll be ready for Miami. 

Disu injury a negative, but the UT bench is so strong. And they have Carr. I remember him from a couple of years ago - shredded the Bills. Goodwin. Thatch. No one could lay a glove on him. 

47 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Off topic here,but this is for ABomb , if you do drive to Houston, how many Buc ee's can you stop at ???

Just drove at Atlanta to see our daughter,  and stopped at our first...in Florence SC.... it is as Glorious as they say 🤣

They are everything that is great about the excess and decadence of Texas.  Everybody loves It, all the snacks, the BBQ isn't bad, and the bathrooms are sparkling clean. 

Probably just 1 stop it's only a 3 hour drive.  But there are 3 on the way some are the older smaller ones. 

Just bought Final 4 tix. Hope my flight isn't delayed.  Going to be cutting it close.  5 tix nosebleed at NRG $1500. Small kids regardless of age must have a ticket thanks NCAA for being family friendly.