2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

Wouldn’t mind one of these FDU players via the transfer portal. These dudes get after it. Shortest team in D-1 giving Purdue and 7’4 Edey trouble. I think FDU has forced more turnovers in this game than SLU did all season. 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Wouldn’t mind one of these FDU players via the transfer portal. These dudes get after it. Shortest team in D-1 giving Purdue and 7’4 Edey trouble. I think FDU has forced more turnovers in this game than SLU did all season. 

What I will never understand is all the chest high passes to Edey. Purdue is throwing him chest passes and bounce passes that FDU just knock away. 
He is 7’4 throw him a lob for crying out loud!

16 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Down goes Purdue❗️Loses to a team with NET of 301 of 363 D-1 teams. 

The Big Ten is a joke, along with its other Power 5 overlords, is systematically destroying College BKB by stealing the at large bids via its Power 5 rigged NET system. 

And we just saw once again why screwing the mid-majors out of bids is the wrong thing to do.  

49 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I don't want to hear any excuses next year FDU was 4-22 and their new coach found enough players to get in and get this win.  The tourney has more than one team who improved themselves through the portal.

No excuses. Got it. 

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

I don't want to hear any excuses next year FDU was 4-22 and their new coach found enough players to get in and get this win.  The tourney has more than one team who improved themselves through the portal.

The crazy thing is they got in on a technicality. Lost the conference championship to Merrimack but Merrimack is ineligible as they’re in year two of transitioning from D-2 to D-1. Merrimack also won the regular season title.

FDU will be the only NEC team ever to win a game in the NCAA Tourney without winning their conference championship.

14 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Nah. They lost to SIUE as well this year, back in November.

I listened to some of that game, believe it or not. He’s won 21 games at Fairleigh Dickinson, which is fairly ridiculous. I’ll take him.

VeniceMenace likes this

2 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

And we just saw once again why screwing the mid-majors out of bids is the wrong thing to do.  

This game will be the talk of the tournament for the first weekend. Yet for some reason the NCAA would have rather seen 9-22 Minnesota playing Purdue in that matchup.

It’s mind blowing to me how they refuse to admit that people like the underdog story. 
People want to see the small schools finally get a crack at the big schools. 

We don’t want more crappy power 5 schools we want good non football schools playing to prove themselves.

AGB91 and SLU_Nick like this

3 hours ago, dlarry said:

This game will be the talk of the tournament for the first weekend. Yet for some reason the NCAA would have rather seen 9-22 Minnesota playing Purdue in that matchup.

It’s mind blowing to me how they refuse to admit that people like the underdog story. 
People want to see the small schools finally get a crack at the big schools. 

We don’t want more crappy power 5 schools we want good non football schools playing to prove themselves.

Look: most of the selection committee and powers that be come from p5 hc and ad backgrounds.

What is their goal? To protect p5 hc and ad jobs.

What happens to hc and ad at p5 who don't make the tourney? They get fired.

What do they do? Protect themselves from getting fired by putting even horrible coaches and ad in the tournament when they are mediocre and don't deserve it.

That is the crux of the issue there IMO. There is also the ongoing problem of football tv money consolidation. Honestly maybe we need a federal anti-trust suit at this point. The situation is getting to untenable. If the A10 remains a one bid league going forward SLU basketball is "done" as a competitive venture. We all know it. We're all afraid of it. We are on the wrong side of the big east situation and we are all in danger along with UD and VCU.

11 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Three of their new players were from division  2 St. Thomas Aquinas.