Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Didn’t Traore contribute at some WC school this season? 

Had an excellent year at Long Beach State. 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

I feel comfortable with those guys 2 years from now but freshman big rarely contribute.

This is my concern. How many SLU bigs have had much impact as Freshman? French played a lot, but Vice and Zhang don't have near the body that he did at the age. I haven't seen much from Cisse, honestly. He had more fouls than points or rebounds this year. (14 v. 8/8). Should note that I think SLU's usually one passable big short every year in the Ford era. I think you need two good bigs (preferrably one with more of a stretch 4 profile) and another passable big for 5-10 minutes a game. 2020-21 with Linssen, Okoro, and JB Jr. was probably the closest SLU has been to the optimum arrangement.

Edited by Bilzz
More info

17 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

This is my concern. How many SLU bigs have had much impact as Freshman? French played a lot, but Vice and Zhang don't have near the body that he did at the age. I haven't seen much from Cisse, honestly. He had more fouls than points or rebounds this year. (14 v. 8/8). Should note that I think SLU's usually one passable big short every year in the Ford era. I think you need two good bigs (preferrably one with more of a stretch 4 profile) and another passable big for 5-10 minutes a game. 2020-21 with Linssen, Okoro, and JB Jr. was probably the closest SLU has been to the optimum arrangement.

dont count out vice, all state football, finalist for mr basketball and he sure looks more physical than most incoming 6-11 guys, i hope i am right

5 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Anyone know what happened to Marki Strickland the 6'5" player from last year? Looked like a raw kid with a lot of athletic potential.

He went to Victoria CC in Texas.  Averaged 14.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.8 apg and 1.5 steals.  He shot 27.% from the 3 and 47.6 from the free throw line.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He went to Victoria CC in Texas.  Averaged 14.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.8 apg and 1.5 steals.  He shot 27.% from the 3 and 47.6 from the free throw line.

Markhi and traore would have led us to the tourney, smh Ford. 

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He's (VFLSchasz) asked this question before, like in the last month or so. I answered him last time, but probably hard to keep track of board #2. Yes, Markhi did this, but at literally one of the worst jucos in the country. like 5-25 bad

47 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

dont count out vice, all state football, finalist for mr basketball and he sure looks more physical than most incoming 6-11 guys, i hope i am right

It's possible. The bigs SLU has recruited in recent years have been nowhere near ready on Day 1. If you're Ford and you're coaching for job next season, I'd be concerned about counting on the three you have now for more than 5-10 minutes a game as freshman, or Cisse at all, to be honest. Maybe one of them pulls a Hughes Jr. and is more advanced then expected, but I'd rather not be counting on that to be competitive.

6 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

It's possible. The bigs SLU has recruited in recent years have been nowhere near ready on Day 1. If you're Ford and you're coaching for job next season, I'd be concerned about counting on the three you have now for more than 5-10 minutes a game as freshman, or Cisse at all, to be honest. Maybe one of them pulls a Hughes Jr. and is more advanced then expected, but I'd rather not be counting on that to be competitive.

i think he gets another, but i like what he has

5 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

French was nowhere ready? Ya right. 

1 hour ago, DOC said:

French was nowhere ready? Ya right. 

Also, read the post before the one you commented on. I acknowledged that French came in and contributed, but he was very physically advanced as a freshman. Can't say the same for Diarra, Hankton, Traore, Momo, or Lorenttsen. My point is Ford is making a mistake if he's counting on Vice, Zhang, or Momo to be the second best big on the team next year. They don't have the prospect pedigree of Cart'are or Hashan. I'd recruit two big transfers (hopefully a center and a stretch 4) and hope that one of the three can give you Jimmy Bell Jr. 2019-20 production. If they turn out better than expected, great.

Fraz likes this

27 minutes ago, DOC said:

Ok, how about Bell? There’s not going to be many because we’ve been busy bringing in veteran bigs. 

Theres a trend of certain centers that have not been even close to ready coming in and I wont say what that trend is. 

Bilzz likes this

43 minutes ago, DOC said:

Ok, how about Bell? There’s not going to be many because we’ve been busy bringing in veteran bigs. 

image.png.9603e64cb3bd6a8bcf7e58716009fe7d.png

You comfortable with Jimmy Bell's 2019-20 stats being counted on as one of our top two bigs next year? All I'm saying is I think that should be production of your #3 big. If that can be Momo, Vice, or Zhang, great.

Band Legend likes this

17 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

image.png.9603e64cb3bd6a8bcf7e58716009fe7d.png

You comfortable with Jimmy Bell's 2019-20 stats being counted on as one of our top two bigs next year? All I'm saying is I think that should be production of your #3 big. If that can be Momo, Vice, or Zhang, great.

I watched Bell several times, once in person.  He had a specific role, to set picks and to defend the opponent's big.  Erik Stevenson very much appreciated the picks he set.  Even in the Big 12, centers had difficulty backing Bell down in the paint.  He really wasn't but the fifth option on offense.  If he would have been in our rotation, who knows what his role would have been. 

5 hours ago, dennis_w said:

Dude has a BETTER basketball frame than Has did. He's built like a 5* center, now his skills and is he polished? We'll find out.

2 hours ago, Bilzz said:

Also, read the post before the one you commented on. I acknowledged that French came in and contributed, but he was very physically advanced as a freshman. Can't say the same for Diarra, Hankton, Traore, Momo, or Lorenttsen. My point is Ford is making a mistake if he's counting on Vice, Zhang, or Momo to be the second best big on the team next year. They don't have the prospect pedigree of Cart'are or Hashan. I'd recruit two big transfers (hopefully a center and a stretch 4) and hope that one of the three can give you Jimmy Bell Jr. 2019-20 production. If they turn out better than expected, great.

I don't know man, looks A10 ready to me. 

AGB91 likes this

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't know man, looks A10 ready to me.

yes and this was last summer, i suspect his offensive line coach father knows something about strength training and his wide receiver highlights are also impressive, hey can i brag that you heard here first? if he is a dud i will deny everything