SLU v. GW GDT; Did you hear about the basketball team that doesn’t have a website?

SluSignGuy

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

What’s the difference between a duck and George Washington?

One has a bill on his face the other has his face on a bill! 

ChiefAggravatingCoati-max-1mb.gif

I looked.  There are impressively few good George Washington Dad jokes on the internet.

Best (I think) I found: Why did George Washington have trouble sleeping?

Answer: Because he couldn't lie.

35 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Let’s keep the funny gameday threads undefeated today 

Funny GDTs are 2-0. There is a reason the owner of the Billiken's web site chose a joke about three W's.

George Washington was not that great.  By the morals & social mores of his day he was pretty despicable.

4th grade education at best.

Single Handedly started the French & Indian War & the 7 years war as a young officer who led a needless attack and killed a french dignitary by mistake.

An awful general, he made many errors on the battlefield.  

Success in war was reliant on a spy network he created, much more spook than general.

His teeth weren't wooden, that was to make a good spin on it, his teeth were actually pulled from the mouths of his slaves.

He robbed the US treasury, Washington was known for not taking a salary as general but he needed to be reimbursed for all his expenses.  He ended up spending personally an outrageous $450k which Congress had to repay him for.  He tried to get the same deal when he was President luckily Congress smartened up and refused.

He illegally transported slaves into free states while he was President.

He carried on a relationship with the wife of one of his friends and kept the company of many different women while he was married including many slaves that he and his wife owned.

It is a myth that he freed his slaves at his death.  His will stated that his slaves had to remain in the property of his wife till she died.  His wife actually owned many more slaves than he did, they were never freed, just inherited by her descendants as Washington had no children of his own.

Washington was most likely infertile because of complications from a venereal disease he acquired from a prostitute.

5 minutes ago, BJK said:

This will be a fun game. I’m actually excited to see what these guys are capable of outside of our usual “offense.”

it may be a sh;t show but I’ll bet we will learn a few things. 

Completely agree. It’s not like we’re getting an at-large this year anyway. Looking forward to solid minutes from Legend Junior. 

6 minutes ago, BJK said:

This will be a fun game. I’m actually excited to see what these guys are capable of outside of our usual “offense.”

it may be a sh;t show but I’ll bet we will learn a few things. 

Same.  What do we have to lose? At large bid?  Doubtful.  Roll it out there and see what happens!!