pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Around the A10, on a poor overall 3-5 Friday: 

In Charleston:  Dayton 88 St. John's 81;

In Brooklyn:  Auburn 77 St. Bona 60 in a game that wasn't close, Auburn led 48-28 at Halftime;

In Philadelphia:  Texas A&M Commerce 57 St. Joe's 54 - Ouch;

At US Virgin Islands Paradise Jam:  Fordham 77 Norfolk State 64;

In Pittsburgh:  Duquesne 77 Rider 58;

In Amherst:  Harvard 78 UMass 75;

In Johnson City, TN:  East Tenn. State 70 Davidson 68.

This league is losing to Low Cons, lower Mid-Majors, the Ivy League.

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

In Brooklyn:  Auburn 77 St. Bona 60 in a game that wasn't close, Auburn led 48-28 at Halftime;

A nice W for the Flyers, but overall blah!  5 A-10 games today with only URI playing Northwestern as an underdog.  We need to go 4-1.  5-0 would be great. 

16 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

This league is also beating its fair share of high majors: Maryland, Oklahoma St., LSU, St. John's.  Every league drops games to lower ranked conferences, especially road games.  That's why high majors don't want to play us.

36 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

If you are in the A10 and you want to go to the NCAA tournament, there are 2 options this year:

1.) - win the A10 conference tournament 

2.) - buy a ticket

I don’t see a third option

25 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

This league is also beating its fair share of high majors: Maryland, Oklahoma St., LSU, St. John's.  Every league drops games to lower ranked conferences, especially road games.  That's why high majors don't want to play us.

For example, lowly UNCG from the SoCon knocks off 14th ranked Arkansas last night giving the Spartans their first win over a ranked team in their 34 years of playing D-1 hoops.

Now that’s what I’d call an upset. My son, a UNCG grad, was pretty fired up about it last night.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

An A10 member, especially one some think is going to be a contender, losing at home to a Low Con Southland member in its 2nd year in D-1, is unacceptable.

A10 members lost yesterday to teams from the Southland (at home), America East, Ivy League (at home), SoCon (on the road!).  The only loss to a good opponent from a good conference was the Bonnies getting blown out by Auburn (SEC) in Brooklyn. 

On 11/16/2023 at 7:53 PM, brianstl said:

Mike Boynton seat is officially scorching already.

Okie State is not that great of a job. Yes, they can throw money around because it's a P5 job, but they are in the shadow of OU, Kansas and Texas, not to mention college football. 

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

If you are in the A10 and you want to go to the NCAA tournament, there are 2 options this year:

2.) - buy a ticket

Coach Ford just got the Bills to a tourney final four, don’t understand all the complaining.

TheA_Bomb and David King like this

5 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Coach Ford just got the Bills to a tourney final four, don’t understand all the complaining.

I wasn’t aiming at Coach Ford, I was describing the state of the league this year. Highest Kenpom ranking for anyone is Dayton at 58, which is not in bubble territory. Lots of season left, but results need to be better against non-conference teams

2 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

2.) - buy a ticket

If you buy a ticket, I recommend driving a Toyota RAV4 to the game IIHS best safety rating and decent gas mileage for a mid-size SUV.  Also at their current MSRP you can buy 80 of them for $2.5 million. 

49 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I wasn’t aiming at Coach Ford, I was describing the state of the league this year. Highest Kenpom ranking for anyone is Dayton at 58, which is not in bubble territory. Lots of season left, but results need to be better against non-conference teams

That praise for getting to the tourney final four was tongue in cheek, Lord Elrod.

Lord Elrond likes this

33 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

What this team needs right now is a motivational speaker! This gentleman comes highly recommended and has sterling credentials:

https://www.athletespeakers.com/speaker/jim-crews

That speaker has 200% more NCAA Tournament wins than our current coach. Also has 7 conference championships. Impressive. 

VeniceMenace likes this

6 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

2.) - buy a ticket

A third option is for the Flyers to go 18-0 in conference and the Billikens (or anyone else) winning the A-10 tournament.

35 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

A third option is for the Flyers to go 18-0 in conference and the Billikens (or anyone else) winning the A-10 tournament.

Not sure going 18-0 against the rest of the A10 gains them what they would need in NET rating to afford to lose the A10 tournament, but hey, I’ll be optimistic.  

Bernadette, our esteemed commissioner, needs to have a weekly call with all AD’s at all A10 schools, ask “What did you do to improve your men’s basketball team since we last spoke?”, and not let them off the phone until they give some sort of answer. The A10 has slowly been sinking for years, and no fan base in any A10 school ought to be happy about that.