A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, TRN said:

Another game in Dayton where the visiting coach gets in the middle of the play because he’s too far on the court.  Refs need to start a zero tolerance policy and dole out technicals. Maybe getting ejected will manage jokers that can’t stay on the sideline.  A player is going to get hurt.

WTF? He's shooting from the arc at that point 🤣 I hate this sh*t

33 minutes ago, TRN said:

Another game in Dayton where the visiting coach gets in the middle of the play because he’s too far on the court.  Refs need to start a zero tolerance policy and dole out technicals. Maybe getting ejected will manage jokers that can’t stay on the sideline.  A player is going to get hurt.

I’m pretty sure head coaches are now allowed to shove opposing players while cursing them out, so that’s a neat look….. Makes you wonder what the opinion of the opposing player would be if he rightfully knocked out the adult millionaire acting like a tough guy, I have some ideas how the player would be labeled. You are completely right, time to really crack down on it by over enforcing and over penalizing, it’s so strange to watch some of these coaches on the court and it’s most games/coaches, get off the court.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:39 PM, Lord Elrond said:

The A10 really isn’t very good this year. Collectively, the A10 is 5-27 against Q1 teams per the NET ratings. The only teams in the A10 who have won a Q1 level game are Dayton (won 3), Richmond (won 1) and, interestingly enough, Fordham (won 1).  

The 6-12 is stronger than normal but ya 

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

I’m pretty sure head coaches are now allowed to shove opposing players while cursing them out, so that’s a neat look….. Makes you wonder what the opinion of the opposing player would be if he rightfully knocked out the adult millionaire acting like a tough guy, I have some ideas how the player would be labeled.

I would welcome the players pushing back if the coaches get out of line.

TheChosenOne likes this

14 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I would welcome the players pushing back if the coaches get out of line.

That’s the other way to get coaches off of the court. Imagine a Bonner type throwing one punch at an opposing head coach, they’d no doubt stay off of the court going forward seeing a peer wheeled off on a stretcher. It’s just so bizarre to see, almost like another defender at times.

In general, head coaches are allowed to act like complete maniacs and I will never understand how it is just accepted.

14 minutes ago, TRN said:

lol I need to see this Archie video. No way it looks as bad as this still. Also, Ford wasn’t trying to disrupt Bennet’s shot, he was telling him to ask Grant if he can have a job on his staff next season. 

Billikenbooster likes this

15 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

lol I need to see this Archie video. No way it looks as bad as this still. Also, Ford wasn’t trying to disrupt Bennet’s shot, he was telling him to ask Grant if he can have a job on his staff next season. 

The video is very strange. It was like he was running to close out on the shooter where the still shot is taken and then threw his arms up quickly trying to back away once he realized the Dayton player had the ball (like oh crap, I messed up). Stay off the damn court.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:39 PM, Lord Elrond said:

The A10 really isn’t very good this year. Collectively, the A10 is 5-27 against Q1 teams per the NET ratings. The only teams in the A10 who have won a Q1 level game are Dayton (won 3), Richmond (won 1) and, interestingly enough, Fordham (won 1).  

FVI, the MVC has the same number of Q1 wins, 5 (Indiana St - 1, Drake - 2, Bradley - 1, Missouri St - 1), 5-24 overall, which is a better Q1 record than the A10. A10 is not a good conference this year at all.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

They should have to coach the rest of the game from the locker room… ridiculous 

I don’t get it. Shaka Smart did a double- team the other night. They need to be liberal with the coaching box, but then enforce it.  On the court, during play, should be an automatic T. 

TheChosenOne likes this

17 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

FVI, the MVC has the same number of Q1 wins, 5 (Indiana St - 1, Drake - 2, Bradley - 1, Missouri St - 1), 5-24 overall, which is a better Q1 record than the A10. A10 is not a good conference this year at all.

For Informational purpose only.

The NET and RPI conference ratings for the A10 for this season are both 8th.

For 2022-23, the final conference RPI was 11th and the NET approximation 12th.

For 2021-2022, the final conference NET approximation was 9th and the RPI was 13th.

If you want to use these metrics, the A10 is better compared to other conferences this season (to date) over last two seasons.  And there is a pathway for the A10 to have two NCAA bids, with Dayton maintaining their current pace, but not winning the A10 tourney.

I'm not stating that the A10 is a major player, equal to like the MWC.  But compared to the rest of the mid-major conferences, they perhaps have elevated over past seasons. 

Tuesday night ..... Dayton handled a pesky La Salle squad at Gola.  The Explorers cut it to three late int he second half but Dayton pulled away to a 12 point win.  The Joeys came back from multiple deficits to beat Umass in Amherst 78 to 77 on a Lynn Greer last second layup with 1.3 to go.  VCU handled  a valiant effort by Loyola at Siegel to win 74 to 67 behind Bamisile's 25 points.  Nice follow up to torching us for 29, Joe.  And in the ugliest game of th enight, Duquesne got off the league schneid by beating the Bonnies 54 to 50 at Palumbo.  The Bonnies scored 15 points in the first half and didn't break 20 until the 15:27 mark of the second.  Duquesne countered with a whopping 22.  DaeDae Grant is still out in concussion protocol.  No Duquesne player broke double digits in scoring.

Tomorrow, besides us and Davidson, Fordham goes to Rhodey and Geedubya travels to UNDEFEATED Richmond.  A10 talk has us as the 15th rated team in the A10.  ESPN Bets has us as 1.5 point favorites.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Let's check in on how things are going at GW.

Common denominator for these schools: Steve Rogers.  Vanderbilt basketball is terrible too. Is this a coincidence? I think not.

21 minutes ago, ACE said:

Stay classy Lonergan 😁

Lonergran got screwed by a nut job AD that later had to be forced out himself for inappropriate relations with athletes. The most serious allegations against Lonergran all turned out to be false.  Deadspin did a deep dive into the whole Lonegran story around three or four years ago.  All the homophobe accusations were complete BS.  Even the founder of Outsports became Lonergran defender.

Bizziken likes this

The AD at GW was was bad news.  Giving the basketball players keys to his house,  paying basketball players, getting blackout drunk at basketball team events and filming video of himself straddling basketball players.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The AD at GW was was bad news.  Giving the basketball players keys to his house,  paying basketball players, getting blackout drunk at basketball team events and filming video of himself straddling basketball players.

people don't have fun anymore 

thetorch likes this

Irrespective of the personnel issues (real or not) at Geedubya, I am not surprised at the turnout for such a Senior Night.  I mean, think about it, what connection does have fan base have in the future with one-year mercenaries?  Bishop did transfer in and did spend three years there so he is above that norm but would we have stood and cheered the likes of Mike Meadows and Tim Dalger if they had made it through a SLU Senior Night?  Yes, we can reward and revel in the accomplishments of Hargrove and Jimerson for their five-year commitments and we can even honor a Javon Bess or Francis Okoro for theirs.  But with NIL, the portal, open transfers and grad student transfers, I would think the obligatory Senior Night is on the list of endangered species.