2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I know there will be an adjustment period from the JuCo to D1, but Sincere Parker is going to be a PROBLEM:

I agree with your comments.  But his defense will determine if he plays 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes per game.  I, along with many others, expect minutes will be hard to get for most players, particularly when Ford reverts back to his 8 + 2 rotation in conference play.  Just about everyone of our 8, or 10, can score.  Who defends could determine who plays the most.

54 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I agree with your comments.  But his defense will determine if he plays 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes per game.  I, along with many others, expect minutes will be hard to get for most players, particularly when Ford reverts back to his 8 + 2 rotation in conference play.  Just about everyone of our 8, or 10, can score.  Who defends could determine who plays the most.

Oh yeah.  I'm not necessarily expecting big minutes from Parker this season.  He's a big X factor.  I think I've posted this before - If his defense is up to snuff & his offense is as good as advertised, it raises the ceiling on this team.

Even if he is relegated to the bench, I'm excited to see him to put on a show at the end of blowout wins.

13 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I don't think this deserves a thread of its own, but I wanted to post it here because I know @billiken_roy will be very excited about it.

Add nicole to the hate list.   brenda must have a great set of pictures on the AD's of the Atlantic 10

20 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-looking at the ,pdf version on SLU's site I count 6 Saturday games, 1/3 of the games, one more than was on last year's schedule, did I miss a blue font?

I was, in general, referring to games that could be used for a road trip. As Billiken Booster pointed out, we have nine conference road games.  Only 2 of the 9 are on Saturdays.  One of those two is on New Years Eve.  Most people don't want to be out of town on NYE.  The others are 3 Tuesday games, 2 Wednesday games, and 2 Friday games.

As far as non-conference schedule, we have 3 times where we are away from Chaifetz.  They are Auburn (9 1/2 hour drive from STL) on a Sunday, Iona on a Tuesday, and the Mohegan Sun Tournament on the Saturday and Sunday before Thanksgiving.  The weekend before Thanksgiving in tough since many people travel for Thanksgiving already.  Also, the Mohegan Sun arena is an hour from Providence and 45 minutes from Hartford.  Not exactly easy to get to.

So, the only Saturday game on the entire schedule that might be reasonable to travel to is the January 14, GW game.

I will concede that we have 7 home games on Saturdays.  Seems to me that we are making it much easier on our opponents fans to travel to Chaifetz than they are making it on us to travel to their arenas.