Rent Free

21 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

The comments are pretty funny. Mizzou fans saying that SLU has a better team right now but not a better program. Never seen such reason from Mizzou fans lol

The Mizzou supporter comments are a very interesting spin, like a spinning top spinning backwards.

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

The Mizzou supporter comments are a very interesting spin, like a spinning top spinning backwards.

This is why you cannot find film footage of the 1999 TWA dome game anywhere online. You are more likely to find the other Zapruder film than the broadcast of that game. I’ve looked.

16 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

This is why you cannot find film footage of the 1999 TWA dome game anywhere online. You are more likely to find the other Zapruder film than the broadcast of that game. I’ve looked.

I was there, which was the only game I missed as a CYO Coach. I said if they ever played each other again in St. Louis, I would be there. 

53 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I was there, which was the only game I missed as a CYO Coach. I said if they ever played each other again in St. Louis, I would be there. 

I was there months earlier when PJPII came to town ;)

If anyone can find that game for the Billiken Vault, I’d love to see what that atmosphere was like!

16 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

I was there months earlier when PJPII came to town ;)

If anyone can find that game for the Billiken Vault, I’d love to see what that atmosphere was like!

It was awesome. We were outnumbered in the Dome, but we more than held our own. The SLU Pep Band serenaded MIzzou after the flying in of the Mizzou Moms from Michigan scandal with, “Hey, hey Tigers, I want to know, can I fly first class?”

Afterward it was like New Year’s Eve at Humphrey’s.  The SLU Pep Band played. The late, great Justin Love led the Billikens into the premises that Sunday evening.

58 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

It was awesome. We were outnumbered in the Dome, but we more than held our own. The SLU Pep Band serenaded MIzzou after the flying in of the Mizzou Moms from Michigan scandal with, “Hey, hey Tigers, I want to know, can I fly first class?”

Afterward it was like New Year’s Eve at Humphrey’s.  The SLU Pep Band played. The late, great Justin Love led the Billikens into the premises that Sunday evening.

God I love hearing Band stories like that, so damn clever and consistent year after year.

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Goosebumps. 

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

This guy is right, the Mizzou program causes a lot more misery to it’s fan base than SLU. Mizzou is far higher on the “misery index.” It is a joke to think that they are comparable.

It’s also funny to think MU’s co-eds can stack up against their SEC Cohorts, especially at places like Oxford, MS and Athens, GA. Corn fed hosses versus sundresses. This guy sleeps upside down. 

10 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

It’s also funny to think MU’s co-eds can stack up against their SEC Cohorts, especially at places like Oxford, MS and Athens, GA. Corn fed hosses versus sundresses. This guy sleeps upside down. 

I have to disagree on the Coeds thing - you can stay hard all day long at Missouri.

Littlebill likes this

18 minutes ago, slu72 said:

For anyone doubting the portal favors the majors I just saw a list that shows all but one top mid player who have committed  has transferred to majors. See no instance of a major leaving for a mid. And the rich get richer. 

At the beginning of the transfer cycle, the 50 or so players that people actually want are the ones that transfer.  They transfer up.  The hundreds and hundreds of other players who end up in the portal stay at the same level or transfer down.  Check the portal in two months and you'll see an overwhelming number of players transferring down.  

Are high majors anymore dominant than they were prior to the open portal?  Are those 50 or so players changing the balance of power?  Not that I can see.  

I predict you'll see more coaches like Tom izzo complaining about the portal because the high majors are not benefiting the way they expected.

rgbilliken and NoCoBillsFan like this

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

At the beginning of the transfer cycle, the 50 or so players that people actually want are the ones that transfer.  They transfer up.  The hundreds and hundreds of other players who end up in the portal stay at the same level or transfer down.  Check the portal in two months and you'll see an overwhelming number of players transferring down.  

Are high majors anymore dominant than they were prior to the open portal?  Are those 50 or so players changing the balance of power?  Not that I can see.  

I predict you'll see more coaches like Tom izzo complaining about the portal because the high majors are not benefiting the way they expected.

i dont remember izzo having any sympathy for the player that was run off and then had to sit a year to play for someone else or the players who had a different coach because the one they committed to left for the big pay raise at a new school.

12 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

What an L this is

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

I have to disagree on the Coeds thing - you can stay hard all day long at Missouri.

Lol that’s funny. Haven’t been to CoMo since year 1 of the switch. Maybe they needed a full term to improve… but I haven’t  stopped laughing since reading this… and that was before I walked into church this morning… getting some looks in the choir loft. 

21 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i dont remember izzo having any sympathy for the player that was run off and then had to sit a year to play for someone else or the players who had a different coach because the one they committed to left for the big pay raise at a new school.

How many times have we seen this scenario play out over the last two years:  High major seeks to upgrade a position by bringing in a proven player who averaged 15-18 ppg at a lower level.  That player comes in and averages 6-8ppg.  The end of rotation guy who could have played a similar role as an upperclassman transfers down and becomes one of the better players in the conference at a mid-major program. 

Thank you P6 for Francis Okoro, Foster Loyer, Davonte Gaines and whoever else you force out of your programs in the coming years.  We appreciate it.

rgbilliken likes this

On 4/9/2022 at 4:48 PM, Bay Area Billiken said:

My buddy and I had really lousy seats for that one.  I think we may have been the only SLU fans in our entire section.  It was phenomenal.