GDT: Belmont

Bills By 40

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, NH said:

My main complaint about Travis is that he loses his composure in stressful moments, and the team takes on his personality.

-this is part of it imo

-with under a minute CFord was staring down someone in the seats behind the table, we have posters in that area and I wonder if they can tell us what caused that?

28 minutes ago, brianstl said:

"Coach told me and the team knows everything that happens bad is on me.“

That can’t be what Ford told him.  

-I agree that it can't be, just can't be

-my observations include our guys playing tight, afraid to make a mistake as they get the hook, that's not good

-Nesbitt can't sit for that long

-at the end of the game when we need a 3 why is Linssen in the game and not another shooter?

-do we get the same quality shoes as other Nike schools as our guys seem to slip a lot

-if our team doesn't like the visiting team taking a time out with 3 seconds when up 5 then perhaps we should win the game and not be in that position

-It is hard work being a Billiken fan

9 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-this is part of it imo

-with under a minute CFord was staring down someone in the seats behind the table, we have posters in that area and I wonder if they can tell us what caused that?

Maybe he figured out who Bonner89 and mrjoelabs are.

NoCoBillsFan likes this

1 minute ago, GoSluBills said:

Did anyone happen to see the play that triggered Okoro getting benched tonight? I know he has struggled finishing at the rim, but I have to think he would've played better D against their starting center that a Linssen in foul trouble down the stretch?

I forget who it was exactly but someone on Belmont scored right at the rim. Ford was immediately upset and yelling “get him out” as Lasina got up

The losses have sure brought out some fine posts by the normal suspects that do what they do on every Billiken loss.

I like this team and coach I did not like how most of the team played tonight.   Only one shooter showed up tonight and that was Jimerson.

In the warm ups Nesbitt and Yuri could not hit shots and Jimerson hit everything and that is how the game played out.

Nesbitt is able to adjust when he struggles shooting to find other ways to help the team.

Hargrove took bad shots and bad Fred Thatch showed up tonight.

Coach Ford said at post game that turnovers, bad shot selections and taking chances on defense cost SLU the game and I agree with that statement.

I agree with posters that said coach Ford did not coach well tonight.  I agree that Nesbitt should have played more.

Relax they are 7-3.  Losing sucks.  No one on this board knows what this team will be in March.

I will be on Billikens.com tomorrow and I will look forward to attending the Boston College game.

cgeldmacher likes this

27 minutes ago, GoSluBills said:

Did anyone happen to see the play that triggered Okoro getting benched tonight? I know he has struggled finishing at the rim, but I have to think he would've played better D against their starting center that a Linssen in foul trouble down the stretch?

Okoro let someone easily score on him right after missing three layups himself.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

"Coach told me and the team knows everything that happens bad is on me.“

That can’t be what Ford told him.  

Gotta assume it is a kid paraphrasing.  If not, perhaps it is Ford who needs to sit for a game.

9 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Collins is best is transition.  Let them run and good things happen 

if the billikens are not going to go full speed all the time, imo yuri's worth goes WAY down.   honestly i wouldnt play him if we are playing half court all the time.   he cant shoot and he is a mediocre defender at best.   he tries to drive the lane and is swallowed by the trees.   meanwhile the best player on the team for creating his own shot, nesbitt, sits far too much.  i sure dont get what the billikens are doing these last two games.   

turn the horses loose and run dammit.  

9 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I don't think the weave even looked good tonight

why is "the weave" even a thing for the billikens.  how would we like to have back all the time we wasted in that game doing the weave added back to the clock at the end?  just stupid. 

4 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Attendance: 4,521. 
Attendance continues to be an issue. 

Just wait for BC… 2 straight home losses against teams you were up 6 at half against..

41 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

if the billikens are not going to go full speed all the time, imo yuri's worth goes WAY down.   honestly i wouldnt play him if we are playing half court all the time.   he cant shoot and he is a mediocre defender at best.   he tries to drive the lane and is swallowed by the trees.   meanwhile the best player on the team for creating his own shot, nesbitt, sits far too much.  i sure dont get what the billikens are doing these last two games.   

turn the horses loose and run dammit.  

Ever since the Memphis game Nesbit has stopped shooting.

Im not sure if he is a bit gun shy or Ford told him he was taking to many shots.

He took 14 at Memphis then 

0 against Mercer 

7 against ISU

7 against SFA

8 against BSU

8 against UAB

4 against Belmont.

With the lack of pure scores on this team I think he needs to be taking 10-12 as opposed to 6-8.

9 hours ago, NH said:

My main complaint about Travis is that he loses his composure in stressful moments, and the team takes on his personality.

1000%.... I said this after the UAB game and was told "sour grapes".... Travis is a nightmare in tense moments

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Ever since the Memphis game Nesbit has stopped shooting.

Im not sure if he is a bit gun shy or Ford told him he was taking to many shots.

He took 14 at Memphis then 

0 against Mercer 

7 against ISU

7 against SFA

8 against BSU

8 against UAB

4 against Belmont.

With the lack of pure scores on this team I think he needs to be taking 10-12 as opposed to 6-8.

i believe he is the most physically raw talented billiken since maybe hughes and to not be nurturing that is beyond ridiculous.  sure he is going to make mistakes.   he's a freshman.   but the payoff would come.   we should be literally creating schemes around nesbitt not yuri.   yuri should be looking to give nesbitt and jimmmerson as many opportunities as he can and quit with the mostly fruitless drives into the forest aka lane.   last night's loss was horrible.   we get up 15 and then take our foot off the gas the rest of the game.  started subbing down to traore!   we could have libertied them, instead we let them right back in the game.  horribly managed game.   

Here to make it clear that I am blaming Yuri after last night. I stand by what I said of games past but last night was truly on him. Not solely, but in larger part than any other game and by a lot. 

Traore played heavy minutes because Okoro was under the weather, per Stu, and Linssen was in foul trouble. Traore was productive in the minutes he played though he got away with two bad travels that could've been fatal. 

That sucked. We were obviously the better team and I hate to see us piss away these leads, something has to change. 

13 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Here to make it clear that I am blaming Yuri after last night. I stand by what I said of games past but last night was truly on him. Not solely, but in larger part than any other game and by a lot. 

Traore played heavy minutes because Okoro was under the weather, per Stu, and Linssen was in foul trouble. Traore was productive in the minutes he played though he got away with two bad travels that could've been fatal. 

That sucked. We were obviously the better team and I hate to see us piss away these leads, something has to change. 

Is it really on Yuri if we aren't playing a style and running an offense that fits his strengths? 

Another scorer must be developed and the logical choice is Nesbitt.  I agree he needs to take 12 to 14 shots and the coach and the fans must be patient.  If Yuri can take 13 a game then Nesbitt needs to take that many shots.

Jimerson should not be both our best outside shooter and slasher to the hoop.  I don’t understand why we aren’t seeing more driving from Thatch and Nesbitt.

I fear Jordan’s early hero-ball tendencies cost him Ford’s trust and now he is being treated like a 4th option in our offensive sets. 

I know Ford loves swingmen but you can’t expect to have a consistently good college offense when both your pg and sg are role players.