GDT: @ Memphis

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams is out there.

I was wanting Hargrove to do more and he is.

I guess the coach gave up on Jimerson because I have not seen him in a while.

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

We need points and Gibby and Williams are seated. Its like what do u have to lose at this point? 

Memphis is too athletic for Gibby.

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

The biggest loser of the night is me for believing we had a chance in this one. 

not gonna totally blame Travis, because he can’t help the shooting, but we are always so unprepared for the big game

Go back in the game thread when I posted 3 consecutive unhinged posts. That was 100% braindead coaching. 

I don’t know what Ford is thinking sometimes.  Why is it so clear to me that a line up is moronic when watching but not clear to a professional coach. 

This is the hardest game SLU has played in the Travis Ford era. We have a young team going to a hostile environment against a physically dominant Memphis squad. We we will learn from this experience and will be better tomorrow than we were yesterday. I’ve said all along that this was not one of our more important non-con games. We will have plenty of chances in the coming weeks to make this feel like a distant memory.

The last 10 minutes have been better, even if we haven’t dug into the lead much. The spacing and ball movement have been better. We’ve shot horribly and part of that is just luck. We’re not going to miss that many bunnies in many games. We’ll learn from this. We just dug too deep of a hole in the 1st half.