Around the A10

brianstl

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Davidson makes me wonder how the A10 coaches picked them at 6th in the media day poll. Never underestimate what a good coach can mold with just enough talent. 

Nobody foresaw that Foster Loyer would be better for that team than Kellen Grady.  He's just as good a perimeter shooter, a better free throw shooter, a better decision maker and a better closer. He's the leader for conference POY as far as I'm concerned.  And this was a team that already had a preseason first-teamer in Hyung Lee. 

It's very hard to predict the impact of a high major guard with minimal stats that transfers down.  Some guys are just guys but some guys are game-changers.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Nobody foresaw that Foster Loyer would be better for that team than Kellen Grady.  He's just as good a perimeter shooter, a better free throw shooter, a better decision maker and a better closer. He's the leader for conference POY as far as I'm concerned.  And this was a team that already had a preseason first-teamer in Hyung Lee.

Atlantic 10 POY is a fun discussion.  We're about half way through the league schedule.  At the quarter pole, for me Lee and Burton were the runaway candidates.  But things have changed.  Yes on Loyer, but Brajkovich is putting together a nice season.  He clearly was better than Osunniyi last night.  Lofton is slowly recovering from his injury.  If he can carry the Bonnies to a top 4 finish, put him in the discussion.  Baldwin has turned VCU around.  Collins is certainly in the discussion too.  (For me Jimerson is too one-dimensional for POY.) Dayton has Holmes, but he doesn't quite measure up with these others, and he is a runaway for Rookie of the Year.  Oduro can make a statement tonight that he should be in the discussion.

Lots of games left to play.  Lots will change in the interim.

6 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Let them win so they can roll in here cocky just to get b**** slapped

Please, I'm not a violent man, but I often fantasize about curb-stomping the words "Dayton" and "Flyers."

Just now, BilliesBy40 said:

Let’s wait a few weeks before casting stones at the Bonnies

I mean, point still stands.  they didn’t suffer injury issues, and returned everyone. There’s no reason to be  .500 in a one bid league with this team’s potential 

Littlebill and SLU_Nick like this