Around the A10

brianstl

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over in Pittsburgh, Duquesne again came out at half and mailed it in.  Burton made a 3 as half expired for Richmond’s first lead at 35 to 32.  Now it’s Richmond 54 to 36.

The Duquesne bench reminds me of our bench in [dead]’s last year.  Guys laughing and joking on end of bench.  Guys yukking it up on way to locker room at half.  I rewatched our game and heard the Duke’s announcers say Dambrot got every guy he wanted in recruiting last year.  There isn’t a guy on that roster I’d want even as a tenth man.  Maybe Easley but that’s it.

BilliesBy40 likes this

Davidson up 11 with 1:55 to go.  Richmond wins easily.  

Davidson runs plays for Lee, Loyer and Brajkovic.  Jones roams and will kill if left alone.  The rest are mediocre —— Mennenga, Boachie-Yiadim, Huffman, etc.  They spread the floor to launch threes mostly.  In the end, they kill you from the line.  

Schmidt seems to hold his timeouts to rest his Ironman late.  Their offense is Adaway and Lofton.  Holmes can go off.  Welch just shoots threes.  Osunniyi has no offense except dunks and outback’s.  Bona has closed to 7 with 66 ticks left.

That was some game at Olean.  Four Wildcats in double figures, and 43% shooting from the arc.  Bonnies made a furious comeback, but couldn't get it done.  

Brajkovic is a four year senior, so Davidson could have all their important players back next season.   

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That was some game at Olean.  Four Wildcats in double figures, and 43% shooting from the arc.  Bonnies made a furious comeback, but couldn't get it done.  

Brajkovic is a four year senior, so Davidson could have all their important players back next season.   

If I’m not mistaken Davidson doesn’t have graduate programs so they can’t have 5th year players. I think that’s the reason Grady transferred last season

SLU_Lax likes this

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Freshmen that can lead a team to victory over Kansas aren't normal freshmen.

This ku team isn’t like most, and got caught on a neutral floor.  A lot of luck in that 

22 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

If I’m not mistaken Davidson doesn’t have graduate programs so they can’t have 5th year players. I think that’s the reason Grady transferred last season

You are right.  I forgot about that minor issue. Brajkovich will have a line of suitors, if he wants a 5th year. 

BTW, Grady is having a nice season at Kentucky.

1 hour ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Cannot see the Bonnie’s winning the A10 tournament without a double bye, and even then I don’t think they could pull it out. Thinking it’s between Davidson, VCU, Dayton, and us to win it all in DC

I'd wait a week or two before wiping George Mason off this list.  They have already beat Dayton and St. Bonaventure.  Tomorrow might be an interesting game.

10 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Definitely the sleeper pick. They are probably team #5 on my list

Mason has a problem in that they have 2 more games to make up that are currently not on the schedule.  That is,  if they are playing 18.  Those two games, at Duquesne, and home with Rhody, need to be played.  [Imagine if Mason gets or losses a top 4 seed due to %, based on a 16 game schedule.] 

Their highly packed schedule might be a huge disadvantage down the road.

24 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Mason has a problem in that they have 2 more games to make up that are currently not on the schedule.  That is,  if they are playing 18.  Those two games, at Duquesne, and home with Rhody, need to be played.  [Imagine if Mason gets or losses a top 4 seed due to %, based on a 16 game schedule.] 

Their highly packed schedule might be a huge disadvantage down the road.

I believe that they would actually be forfeits on George Mason’s side if they are not able to be made up, not based on %. That could be a major factor for A10 tourney seeding. 

36 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I believe that they would actually be forfeits on George Mason’s side if they are not able to be made up, not based on %. That could be a major factor for A10 tourney seeding. 

That was what the A10 said originally, but didn't they go a little soft on that a month or so ago?  Yes, it will be interesting. 

GM would for sure try and schedule those games if they are meaningful....play 2 in 3 days or 3 in 4 days. 

But would Duquesne and Rhody comply?  If GM says to Duquesne, let's play on Feb XY, but the Dukes say, nah, we're in the PIG anyway it goes, would GM get a W? 

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That was what the A10 said originally, but didn't they go a little soft on that a month or so ago?  Yes, it will be interesting. 

GM would for sure try and schedule those games if they are meaningful....play 2 in 3 days or 3 in 4 days. 

But would Duquesne and Rhody comply?  If GM says to Duquesne, let's play on Feb XY, but the Dukes say, nah, we're in the PIG anyway it goes, would GM get a W? 

Took another look at the revised COVID policy and the only way there is a. Forfeit is if the team doesn’t want to play the rescheduled game. If they aren’t able to reschedule to begin with they would base it off of 16 games like you said. 

This actually probably takes away 1-2 wins for Mason with Duquesne being almost a guaranteed win and Rhody being a toss up.  

HoosierPal likes this

16 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Davidson sucks against the press. We need to pressure them and force turnovers

I'd say the only way for us to take down Davidson is to run them off the court. If we play to their half court style no chance little chance we win. Mc Killop will zone us to death and inside points will be hard to come by. 

billiken_roy likes this