Around the A10

brianstl

This bracket likely will change tonight.  URI fighting the Bills to stay out of the Pillow Fight.  SJU visits LaSalle in what might be a preview of a PIG currently of interest to us.  Fordham at UMass - will the MinnyMin rally around their now ex-coach or are they done?

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duq and gw going to 3rd OT.  Love these games that end like this 

Game on ESPN + 

St. Joe's is up at half at La Salle 36 to 24.  They proceed to score twelve points the entire second half.  TWELVE.  Scoring droughts:  2:08. Then 2:58.  Then 5:26.  Then 2:47.  Then 4:23 scoring their last points with 2:23 to go.  That's a whole lot of NUTHIN going on.

Davidson beat Mason with Foster Loyer still out. 

The top six are decided with SLU not able to drop any lower than sixth.  Lots to happen this weekend.  Richmond is at Bonaventure.  Will Ossunniyi play?  A Bonnie loss with a SLU win gives us fourth.  Davidson could lose at Dayton and still get first straight up if we beat VCU.  If VCU beats us and ties Davidson, head to head is a split and VCU gets first given their split with Dayton.  Only real issues are fourth, fifth and sixth.

It's good to see the panic up in the Enchanted Mountains.  Rooting for the Rhode Island Pagan Rams, against the Nation's second oldest Catholic university, lobbying the A10 to schedule the @GW makeup game, just in case.

They know their Bonnies are in trouble without Osunniyi, and even if they have him, they know their Bonnies are in trouble if they have to play in Thursday's 5-12/13 matchup prior to Friday's quarterfinals.  Why?  Because Schmidt has logged all those minutes, all that wear on the tires, of his 5 starters.  For that he has only himself to blame.  It's like you can pay me now, or you can pay me later.  Schmidt downplayed the depth issue, but Bud, it's become an issue.

The Bonnies were largely outplayed last Saturday at St. Joe's, were very lucky to escape Hawk Hill with that W.  Their slip is showing.  They are ripe to be had.

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

It's good to see the panic up in the Enchanted Mountains.  Rooting for the Rhode Island Pagan Rams, against the Nation's second oldest Catholic university, lobbying the A10 to schedule the @GW makeup game, just in case.

They know their Bonnies are in trouble without Osunniyi, and even if they have him, they know their Bonnies are in trouble if they have to play in Thursday's 5-12/13 matchup prior to Friday's quarterfinals.  Why?  Because Schmidt has logged all those minutes, all that wear on the tires, of his 5 starters.  For that he has only himself to blame.  It's like you can pay me now, or you can pay me later.  Schmidt downplayed the depth issue, but Bud, it's become an issue.

The Bonnies were largely outplayed last Saturday at St. Joe's, were very lucky to escape Hawk Hill with that W.  Their slip is showing.  They are ripe to be had.

What bothers me most is if we just win one of those two games, things look so different for us.

sigh…

1 minute ago, Lando Griffin said:

What bothers me most is if we just win one of those two games, things look so different for us.

sigh…

Yep. You must protect the home court. That Bona home loss is the biggest loss of the season. But in the immortal words of Jack Buck to yours truly in the Busch Stadium II Cardinal dugout (re the Cards vs. Chicago Cubs): “We have the better club.” I do believe that. We’ll take down the Bonnies when it really counts next week in D.C. 

Lando Griffin likes this

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

At least we'll know going into our game if its a meaningful one or not. 

I saw that too.  St. Bonnie playing Richmond on Friday is interesting.  I kind of like those set ups when final games are all played at the same time.  St. Bonnie will have to play Osunniyi if he is healthy.  

With Davidson and Dayton playing at 12:30, VCU will also know if they have a shot at #1 seed.  If I am reading the tie breakers correctly, Dayton beating Davidson would be the tie breaker for VCU, if VCU wins here.  Regardless, VCU will be playing for an At Large possibility.

3 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

A VCU win against us seems to be necessary for the A-10 to get two bids. But I don't care, lets end their at-large hopes, run the table in DC, and maybe Davidson can still can get an at-large after we beat them. 

That is correct.  It's dog eat dog now.  We must look out for #1 first and foremost.

billiken_roy likes this