Transfers - 2021

ACE

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

To my way of thinking, Fletcher still has his sights set on going with a P5 program. Good luck, kid. 

Why do you think that?  It mentions St Mary's, Memphis, Loyola, SLU and Cincinnati. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say it’s because if committee isn’t biased against non Gonzaga mid-majors. The media 100% is. They’re gonna put the big name schools first because casual college basketball fans want to only see big names play for schools they recognize.

I have no idea on how any of the NIL stuff works, but I really wonder if it will have an impact on the transfer market.  For example, if you have an NIL deal in place while one University are you breaking whatever NIL contract you signed by transferring?  Imagine if like Joe's Tractors of Booneville signs Kobe Brown (Mizzou) to an NIL deal for advertising.  Obviously if Kobe Brown leaves Mizzou those ads are pretty much worthless to Joe's tractors, right?

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

I have no idea on how any of the NIL stuff works, but I really wonder if it will have an impact on the transfer market.  For example, if you have an NIL deal in place while one University are you breaking whatever NIL contract you signed by transferring?  Imagine if like Joe's Tractors of Booneville signs Kobe Brown (Mizzou) to an NIL deal for advertising.  Obviously if Kobe Brown leaves Mizzou those ads are pretty much worthless to Joe's tractors, right?

For me, whether he transfers or not, Kobe Brown has always, and will always, be the face of Joe’s Tractors. Removing Kobe Brown from Joe’s Tractors commercials would be like removing “the Lard’s Day” (no I didn’t misspell it) from the Goedeker’s Superstore commercials. It can’t be done!

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

For me, whether he transfers or not, Kobe Brown has always, and will always, be the face of Joe’s Tractors. Removing Kobe Brown from Joe’s Tractors commercials would be like removing “the Lard’s Day” (no I didn’t misspell it) from the Goedeker’s Superstore commercials. It can’t be done!

"We know people like to shop on Sundays, but we just hope you take time the other days of the week to shop at our store.  Give us a chance any day but Sunday.

The highest technology....at the lowest price...Turn it on!"

I've never actually shopped there, but I've heard various 3rd hand reports from someone who knows someone who knows him that Steve Goedeker is like the nicest guy on the face of the earth.

SLU_Lax likes this

10 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

"We know people like to shop on Sundays, but we just hope you take time the other days of the week to shop at our store.  Give us a chance any day but Sunday.

The highest technology....at the lowest price...Turn it on!"

I've never actually shopped there, but I've heard various 3rd hand reports from someone who knows someone who knows him that Steve Goedeker is like the nicest guy on the face of the earth.

That’s good to hear. I’ve never shopped there either. Those commercials were just so excruciating, but it was kind of brilliant because it was impossible NOT to get them stuck in your head. Kind of lick the flying carpet commercials in front of the arch for Becky’s carpet and tile outlet whatever it was called. Absolutely awful commercials, but I bet if you ever needed carpet or tile, their name popped into your head.

RUBillsFan likes this

4 hours ago, Fan Guy said:

I still say it’s because if committee isn’t biased against non Gonzaga mid-majors. The media 100% is. They’re gonna put the big name schools first because casual college basketball fans want to only see big names play for schools they recognize.

I don’t think that’s what casual college basketball fans want.

I think the casual college basketball fan and the diehard college basketball fan want the same thing, and that’s to see the Cinderella stories and David Vs Goliath.

I believe the media and committee  think the casual fan wants all big name schools but I think they are wrong.

cgeldmacher likes this

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I think the casual college basketball fan and the diehard college basketball fan want the same thing, and that’s to see the Cinderella stories and David Vs Goliath.

I believe the media and committee  think the casual fan wants all big name schools but I think they are wrong.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/ncaa-final-four-ratings-history-most-watched-games-cbs-tbs-nbc/#:~:text=The 2015 Duke-Wisconsin national,State on NBC in 1979.

Sharing without comment, as I haven't yet reviewed in detail. Without full context, I agree with your take.

24 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I believe the media and the committee think the casual fan will watch whatever hierarchy is put in front of them, including one that is top-loaded with power conference schools.  And I think they're right.

51 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I mean more the Ballislife crowd.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Mild A10 interest, Sean East, who transferred last season from UMass to Bradley, is jumping into the transfer pool again. Started most of the Braves games, averaged 9 ppg.

The initial transfer-down to Bradley never made a lot of sense. I'm assuming he now will try to transfer-up

11 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I’m excited for Brandon to be a Billiken next season. 

I don't think our perimeter defense was that great this year. Our guards seem to get beat off the dribble too much and we give up too many wide open 3s.

There was debate earlier about the quality of this team vs. some of the Majerus teams. I think the biggest difference was the perimeter defense of the RM teams was so good. Just overall such a cohesive team, even though they didn't have the athleticism and some of the pure scoring of this year's team.

bauman likes this

Just now, slu72 said:

We sorely needed D on the Perimeter this year. If McKissick can help there, he'd be a good addition. He looked very solid on both sides of the ball against us when we played them. 

Yuri, Fred, and Mckissic would be a frightening perimeter defense

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

We sorely needed D on the Perimeter this year. If McKissick can help there, he'd be a good addition. He looked very solid on both sides of the ball against us when we played them. 

And losing one of our best on perimeter D. McK would be a great one year add

I think most D1 coaches would agree that the hardest thing to get across to incoming FR is how important D is at this level. Take for example Mike McCall when he got here. Good offensive player, but Rick didn't like his D. McCall finally got the message and worked hard on it to become one of our better defenders during his tenure here. Sounds like McKissick has already got the message and excels at D. You can't have enough guys who really like playing D.