• HoosierPal changed the title to A10 Tourney Final Seedings
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

If I’m VCU I don’t really want the winner of UD/URI as my first game 

Not at all. Both super inconsistent but at their best this year both could be near double bye 

2 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Agreed. VCU isn’t a lock either. Things could turn disastrous really quick if they drop that one.

And we don’t know if Bones will be 100% or even close. It’s gonna be very interesting. I’m gonna be glued to the TV.

10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I like the 4 seed but not our draw but perhaps we are rolling again and it won't matter

Was thinking the same thing but we ended up much better off than I thought we would a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, we are finally firing on all cylinders (mostly any way) and if we're as good as we thought we'd be, we should be prepared to play anybody. Bring 'em on! Go Bills!

59 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I like the 4 seed but not our draw but perhaps we are rolling again and it won't matter

Man, I think we got the best draw in the entire bracket. Imagine being St. Bonaventure and facing a likely path of Richmond and SLU to make the final. Or VCU needing to beat Dayton and Davidson. We have a very favorable draw.

1 minute ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Man, I think we got the best draw in the entire bracket. Imagine being St. Bonaventure and facing a likely path of Richmond and SLU to make the final. Or VCU needing to beat Dayton and Davidson. We have a very favorable draw.

SLU is in good shape. First, SLU is the best team, has the best players and deepest roster in the A10. SLU also has a seasoned, battle tested coach. This A10 Tournament is SLU’s to win.

9 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I see a great draw for the Bills.  

Dodging Dayton is big as they seem to own the Bills.  Wouldn't be surprised to get St. Joe's as our first game, and they are dangerous with their star back, but it will be their third game of the tournament, so that could help.  I should be more concerned about St. B, but their lack of bench really worked against them in the first meeting.  May well again.  

Then, beating VCU in the finals with VCU having Bones Hyland on the court will be the toughest test.  Making the finals probably assures a bid, probably.  

I like the draw.  It has its pitfalls as all do but if we face La Salle or St. Joe's, it will be their third game in three nights.  If we face Umass, we have to guard against ove3rconfidence from last night's blowout.  Again I don't put much stock in Bonaventure because they are still only a five-man team.  Jaren English Holmes ended his regular season posting an 0-fer against Dayton.  Osun is nothing on the offensive end.  Bonaventure hasn't really done much against the usual big boys of the conference.  I like it plus we avoid Dayton, Davidson and VCU until all but one of them is gone.  

I'd love to get Davidson at Dayton i the conference final.  Really would.

bauman and SLU_Nick like this

10 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Yep, I think the draw worked out about as well as possible for SLU. Sure, the A-10 has been a bit crazy with some upsets and we have shown that we can have a clunker performance, but IF we play our game, we will win the tournament. We are still the most talented, deepest team in this league. 

brianstl likes this

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Richmond is dead.

Yes and no.  Currently, yes.  But they have some good players, and are playing in Richmond. Stranger things have happened. 

Leading scorer Blake Francis went down with a back injury after a fall on a layup with 9:42 left in the first half.  He went into the locker room at half an diced it.  He tried going in the second half but could not.  He finished with a goose egg in the score book.  Additionally, Grant Golden continues with the cast on his middle left finger.  He finished with six points and did not play coming down the stretch.  

The preseason #1 finished #8 in the league.  I noted early on that any injury on this team would hurt immensely.  They got that when they lost Nick Sherrod.  Then Golden.  Now Francis.  SLU_Nick may be right ---- Richmond might really be dead.